Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen enough. Delusional, low IQ and unskilled, is an untenable combination.

Maybe someday he'll accept that his only path to being a useful player is to become a 3 and D type, but it more than likely won't be here. Without any elite young talent to put him in his place, he'll likely continue his delusions of grandeur. Either way, I'm not interested in wasting a bunch more years on the off chance that changes (the potential payoff isn't worth it), while he cramps the current and future youth of this team because he's such a poor fit.

It's insane to think of the contract this bit player received based on nothing. On his own, he won't fetch much, but if Aldridge or DeRozan can return a pick (something like Aldridge for Olynyk and 23), they could add it to 11 to try to get to 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the good ole Spurstalk posts that says "Player X is trash" all while claiming they can be traded for something meaningful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just three more years guys at 15,16 and 17 per respectively. spurs arent giving him up yet and only be 27 when his deal expires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just three more years guys at 15,16 amd 17 per respectively. spurs arent giving him up yet
    He just signed the extension this year. It hasn't started yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just signed the extension this year. It hasn't started yet.
    i thought it kicked in this year . Welp just four more years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate the kid but it's pretty obvious him being the Spurs next PG was stupid as . His IQ is terrible he can't dribble or finish at the rim and he can't shoot. Idk how they thought they were gonna turn him into TP

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah yes, the good ole Spurstalk posts that says "Player X is trash" all while claiming they can be traded for something meaningful.
    I guess your miserable, homer ass didn't bother reading the last part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves the kid hes his new george hill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loves the kid hes his new george hill
    But but GH3 stood up to Kobe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess your miserable, homer ass didn't bother reading the last part.
    I did, but its ing stupid. Trading our best players to help get rid of a player you think is trash and other teams shouldn't want? That is just going to depress their value.

Murray is young, on a reasonable contract, has value even at his current level of play. You don't trade players like that, you try to develop them going forward. You certainly don't depress the trade value of other players to get rid of them.

Just typical idiotic Spurstalk trade thread, TBQH.

Also LOL @ calling ME miserable after your cry baby post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did, but its ing stupid. Trading our best players to help get rid of a player you think is trash and other teams shouldn't want? That is just going to depress their value.

Murray is young, on a reasonable contract, has value even at his current level of play. You don't trade players like that, you try to develop them going forward. You certainly don't depress the trade value of other players to get rid of them.

Just typical idiotic Spurstalk trade thread, TBQH.

Also LOL @ calling ME miserable after your cry baby post.
    Aldridge is 35 and has made it clear he'd like to return to the Trail Blazers or play in a more compe ive situation. They can either overvalue him and lose him for nothing in a year or get something while they still can.

If they can add it to crap to add a potential core piece, then it's a win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again for the hundredth time Murray is a SG not a PG and not even a PG/SG - Poop screwed up by trying to make him into one and is to arrogant to admit his mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I admit Murray has not lived up to the hype (mostly the fans have placed on him) but I am not ready to give up on him yet. He has talent, but he needs to improve and he knows it. He is 23 and with injuries and his Gleague rookie assignment, and now Covid-19, he has played in only 180 games in 4 years, after only spending 1 year in college.
    I believe he needs and needed a veteran point guard on the bench either as a player or assistant coach to better groom him as a playmaker. If Duncan does not return, the Spurs should hire a ex point guard coach to really develop the playmaking ability out of these young guys.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ive told u months ago that: hes weak, has nothing special (except wingspan), offering him this money is just ridiculous and almost everyone laughed at me. Now u see. Overvalued, overhyped and overpaid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are on a fast road to nowhere with their current roster and head coach...I can't think of a single player that would make us worse by trading him right now...I can see however, how we desperately need a couple of solid experience players in their prime that can carry a team to build around + a new head coach. Right now we have the worst of both worlds: vets on the decline with little commitment/motivation, youngsters with lots of enthusiasm, little experience and questionable talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray doesn't really have any offensive skill-set, PG or wing. I blame Pop somewhat for how Murray's developed, but something tells me Murray spent all that time learning to shoot off-dribble twos because HE felt he was going to need that one-on-one skill-set. Basically, he was on the Kawhi development track but skipped the part where he was a good role-player and tried to go straight to the star phase. Pop should have had him practicing catch-and-shoot threes and finishes around the rim. I said as much way back before he got hurt. It's one thing to develop that skill when the other parts already work. But long-twos can't be the foundation of your game. Even a dude like DeRozan had to be a good penetrator, finisher and foul-drawer to make his game work as much as it has.

Murray probably deserves one more year to develop and recover from injury, but he can't stay in the starting lineup. He's directly hurting Walker's development, and he, DeRozan and White are just too many guys who need the ball in their hands. I don't know that DJM's ego will let him take a back seat, though. That'd mean he has to be traded. If they can get really good value for Murray, I think it could make sense to do so. It doesn't matter if they are trying to rebuild or reload. Murray as a big-minute player with that skill-set isn't good for the present or future.

Swap DJM for KJ, and I think the team could win out and make the playoffs. But the only way that make it with the current SL is if Murray absolutely shows out.

(And finally, I am also famous for saying Murray could've gotten $100 Million if he played decently this year. With all this Corona stuff, that would've been dicey. Regardless, I think he fell short of what would be considered "decent", mostly due to not getting enough minutes. His efficiency and impact stats were also bad, though.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The two untouchables rn imo are white and keldon ... Lonnie is up there but for the right price I’d let him go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too young to give up on. Only 23 and still has potential. But he needs to spend his entire offseason working on his jump shot. If he can become even a 35% shooter from deep and 40% from midrange, he would be much basketball player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right! White and keldon are untouchable!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too young to give up on. Only 23 and still has potential. But he needs to spend his entire offseason working on his jump shot. If he can become even a 35% shooter from deep and 40% from midrange, he would be much basketball player.
    Not really, though, and that's the biggest issue. Murray could become a decent three-point shooter, but unless catch-and-shooting is the foundation of his game, it won't help him much. Right now, he dominates the ball way too much and like taking bad or meh shots. Simply being better at shots he rarely takes won't do jack. The entire way Murray plays ball needs to change, or he needs to somehow develop the other aspects to become a superstar. I have no idea why he plays with a poor-man's DeRozan on offense, but that needs to stop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was very high on Murray in 2018 felt he had slot of upside... however he hasn’t improved at all

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray doesn't really have any offensive skill-set, PG or wing. I blame Pop somewhat for how Murray's developed, but something tells me Murray spent all that time learning to shoot off-dribble twos because HE felt he was going to need that one-on-one skill-set. Basically, he was on the Kawhi development track but skipped the part where he was a good role-player and tried to go straight to the star phase. Pop should have had him practicing catch-and-shoot threes and finishes around the rim. I said as much way back before he got hurt. It's one thing to develop that skill when the other parts already work. But long-twos can't be the foundation of your game. Even a dude like DeRozan had to be a good penetrator, finisher and foul-drawer to make his game work as much as it has.

Murray probably deserves one more year to develop and recover from injury, but he can't stay in the starting lineup. He's directly hurting Walker's development, and he, DeRozan and White are just too many guys who need the ball in their hands. I don't know that DJM's ego will let him take a back seat, though. That'd mean he has to be traded. If they can get really good value for Murray, I think it could make sense to do so. It doesn't matter if they are trying to rebuild or reload. Murray as a big-minute player with that skill-set isn't good for the present or future.

Swap DJM for KJ, and I think the team could win out and make the playoffs. But the only way that make it with the current SL is if Murray absolutely shows out.

(And finally, I am also famous for saying Murray could've gotten $100 Million if he played decently this year. With all this Corona stuff, that would've been dicey. Regardless, I think he fell short of what would be considered "decent", mostly due to not getting enough minutes. His efficiency and impact stats were also bad, though.)
    Agree with all this. I'd love to see kj getting Murray's spot in the starting lineup.

I think poetl/gay/DeRozan/white/kj would be a really strong starting lineup, with Lonnie, Murray, eubanks, and Patty off the bench.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't hate the kid but it's pretty obvious him being the Spurs next PG was stupid as . His IQ is terrible he can't dribble or finish at the rim and he can't shoot. Idk how they thought they were gonna turn him into TP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’ve been saying to trade him for a while. I think him packaged with Demar can get us Randle/filler and a pick swap. He has no brains. He has no feel for the game. He can learn things for sure but not enough for it to matter for us. His defense is trash (and that’s all Pop’s fault) and he needs to relearn how to play defense. It’s better to trade Murray for both him and us. We need him to be Danny Green. Murray will never want to be Danny Green or really is suited to be Danny. But he CAN’T play point guard. The dude can’t dribble, penetrate the defense, pass in traffic, or set up teammates. It sucks that we handled his development so bad and that he got injured, but we whiffed in him as a player and us as management to his career.

Thread Information