Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - I think that the player we are missing most is Trey. We need a mobile selfless competent big that can play the 4 (and small ball 5)
    , shoot respectably and occupy more space on defense.
    - Aldridge is the player that must go. He is not agile enough and demands to many possessions. Contrarily to DeRozan I don’t think Aldridge would accept a diminished role on the team.
    - Forbes must go, period.
    - Eubanks can easily become a 15 and 10 and 2 guy if he gets enough playing time. He is rugged, hungry and already destroyed two players in the league (Antetokounmpo and Craig)
    - Poeltl should be our starting center.
    - Not impressed with Walker IV. He clearly doesn’t know the type of player he wants to be. He should not start. Trey should start in his place.
    - I would give one more year to DJM. He is on the verge of becoming something special or something very forgettable. One more year and we will all know

- I’m very proud of this new version of the Spurs. They fight with the best even being smaller and less experienced overall. I’m very proud of this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre going way overboard with the whole Eubanks averaging 15 and 10. I like him but...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense but if your takeaway from these first 4 games of the bubble is that we need more Poeltl and less Aldridge, your take is not worth reading the rest.

These last two games especially ought to inform even the most casual fan that such a take is invalid. But you doubled down on it for some reason??

Strange take is strange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many balls did we have blocked or heavily contested at the rim by the way? That's a function of having a big man always in the paint with no ability to stretch the floor, even to the midrange game, not to mention the 3pt line.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the solution are trades and draft. this offseason should be an earthquake in san antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigs corps definitely needs an overhaul. These games have proved how much LMA's ball stopping style hurts the offense.

Turtle is not starter caliber. I'm fine with keeping him for a bench role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bigs corps definitely needs an overhaul. These games have proved how much LMA's ball stopping style hurts the offense.

Turtle is not starter caliber. I'm fine with keeping him for a bench role.
    You sure about that Champ? You know what else comes from a faster pace? Your opponents also get more shots.

LMA had already started transitioning to setting up shop at the top of the key rather than the block offensively. That doesn't happen with Poeltl. In fact his man is often coming to play help defense as our slashing guards are cutting toward the hoop. And since he's basically a non-factor offensively, what you've done is increase the possessions where you have a non -offensive player clogging up the lane, with no three pt threat also playing worse defense for your opponents' increased offensive possessions.

Poeltl is simply not the player this team needs if they want to play that style.

By the way, in a crunch teams tens to try to get easier buckets closer in. Aldridge is clearly the better option there too.

This isn't even debatable ppl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Poeltl isn't aggressive enough offensively to make his lack of range work. He has the athleticism but lacks the chutzpah that Eubanks has. He definitely won't work if Murray, White and DeRozan all start. Aldridge could work if his games moves to be more outside-in, like say 2016-2017 Gasol did. He's still the team's best player, though, and with the right support, the Spurs would've been a playoff team. You can make the argument for turning over the bigs, but I don't think there's a very good one for getting rid or LMA just to start Poeltl with no developmental big to eventually take Jakob's place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think now that GSW are out and more importantly don't have KD... it's kinda made the big man more relevant again. Kinda always thought this since GS was just so unique that they'd dominate in any era. Our current Spurs team tho is kinda cool because we just may get that lowest possible pick AND we're seeing our assets learn. Unless management s things up we have very good prospects and depending on how we address weaknesses.. we could be on the cusp. Things that stand out to me are:

* Pop may have earned another year since he's rolling with this team (although injuries leave no choice so jury's still out)
    * Eubanks is legit backup center.
    * Jakub has many ups... but needs to split time with someone that is opposite (maybe Eubanks in this case)
    * Lonnie better grow the hair back or find some idol to worship to get his game back (playing like a )
    * Forms is DONE
    * Aldridge plus something may net us a high lottery pick. LA is NOT part of the comeback
    * Kelden is the real deal. Needs 30+ minutes
    * Metu... like i always thought.. sux. The guy has himself to blame. I've never seen him try to DOMINATE garbage time. Too cool for school that guy.
    * LA + Lonnie for the #1 or 2 pick? Lonnie has a nice mix tape but the man will never be taller than 6-5 and is a sissy.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think now that GSW are out and more importantly don't have KD... it's kinda made the big man more relevant again. Kinda always thought this since GS was just so unique that they'd dominate in any era. Our current Spurs team tho is kinda cool because we just may get that lowest possible pick AND we're seeing our assets learn. Unless management s things up we have very good prospects and depending on how we address weaknesses.. we could be on the cusp. Things that stand out to me are:

* Pop may have earned another year since he's rolling with this team (although injuries leave no choice so jury's still out)
    * Jakub has many ups... but needs to split time with someone that is opposite (maybe Eubanks in this case)
    * Lonnie better grow the hair back or find some idol to worship to get his game back (playing like a )
    * Forms is DONE
    * Aldridge plus something may net us a high lottery pick. LA is NOT part of the comeback
    * Metu... like i always thought.. sux. The guy has himself to blame. I've never seen him try to DOMINATE garbage time. Too cool for school that guy.
    * LA + Lonnie for the #1 or 2 pick? Lonnie has a nice mix tape but the man will never be taller than 6-5 and is a sissy.
    i guarantee u that nobody gives u even a top5 pick for a 1yr of lma and a lonnie whos just an average in his class.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed overall but poetl and eubanks are not enough at the 5.
    I was not sold on drew but he looked better in the bubble, still I don't like his man on man D on the post. He could be a 3rd center or a back up if he improves.

Poetl I think he can be our starting C but the way he played in last four games I have some doubts.
    He's soft tough I dont like this word and he is in difficulty physically. I'm not sure he deserves a big contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre going way overboard with the whole Eubanks averaging 15 and 10. I like him but...
    Agreed, that's kinda much. He looks a lot like the Spurs version of Baynes. He's a better athlete and probably a bit more skilled than Baynes was at that point too.

He'll need to improve his defense, especially his lateral quickness but he could be a pretty good NBA backup big.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poodle I think he can help a team win some games and help one of those 3 or 4 seed team make it into playoffs but we’re not one of those teams. For me I would look at trading him if the right trade comes across. If not sign him to low contract if someone offers him more then we do then let him walk. But would rather work out a sign and trade if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

* Forms is DONE
    -I think Pop is likely to come back, hard to see this being the end.

-Agreed, he's proven himself to be a pretty good backup.

-Jakob is a good player, he hasn't played very well but it seems like that might be true. He may not be a 30 mpg level center.

-He was unlikely to return anyways. White is a legit starter, Murray is entrenched as the starting PG, KJ has proven that he is a good rotation player, Walker- who's struggled is still better. Plus Mills is still there and better. There's not really a role for Forbes here.

-Aldridge to Miami for their pick and Olynyk or Aldridge to Portland for Ariza, Hood and their 21' first is probably the best they can realistically get for LA.

-He's outplayed Walker, for sure. He is looking like the better prospect, which is kinda surprising.

-Liked Metu's game but he has underperformed in the limited chances he's gotten. Eubanks is ahead of him in the rotation. Assuming Aldridge, Poeltl, and Lyles are all back, he'd be behind all of them plus Gay and Eubanks. Likely gone.

-Wouldn't trade Lonnie. The only way I can see the Spurs trading up into the top 5 is by trading White + 11 to Detroit. That would be if the Spurs are absolutely in love with a player in the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main takeaway from this summer session so far:

Keldon looks like a leader. (God knows they've been looking for one.) That's huge.

The problem with Walker is he needs to psyche himself up every game in order to play well-- just not sustainable over a long (or even short) schedule. You're either a dog or your not.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should start and play Walker. He's going to have ups and downs, but the Spurs are not contenders. They need to know if Walker is a future Spur that they will invest a lot of money in or if he isn't going to cut it. The best thing to do is give him time and freedom to see what he can be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is such a strange mashup of styles and skills. Here are some random musings.

-KJ has the strength to enforce his will. What a windfall in the draft. A player like that at the PF position would be huge.

-QW is such a Mario Elie type in the making. Definitely has some real promise as a rotation player.

-DJM still looks wobbly and weak physically. He needs another 15 lbs of muscle to support his hyper flexible joints. If he was tougher and could pass, I see him as a Rondo type. It is hard to envision a prototype player for him.

-I agree that Lyles would fit well, at least hypothetically, with the bubble crew. He can do a little of everything.

-Lasty, LWIV is such a difficult player to measure. Seems like his mindset is not quite right yet. No one better than Pop for that. He has the physical tools and some skills. His passing has been eye-opening at times. I hope he can salvage the remaining games and leave Orlando feeling good about himself and next year. Confidence seems like a real problem for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Keldon / Walker should be traded. It's too crowded out there at young guard/forward position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of Keldon / Walker should be traded. It's too crowded out there at young guard/forward position.
    OK, one of those players should absolutely NOT be traded.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lmao, there is no way that trey is the spur that they're missing the most

did you know la is out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That doesn't make a lick of sense. Literally, you're talking about the best SG and SF prospects on the team whose games don't conflict with each other.

Trade Murray and DeRozan (and Gay and LMA if they want to go and there's a legit deal to be had. Draft a PF. Start White, Walker, Johnson, PF, Aldridge/Poeltl. Force Walker to get at least third-option touches. Let Johnson's play-making shine through. Everyone's happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
    35m Replying to ace3g

Sixth fewest fourth-quarter three-pointers allowed on just 34.6%. But they’re letting opponents shoot 61.9% inside the arc in the fourth.

1h
    Teams are shooting lights out against the Spurs since the league resumed official play. San Antonio’s opponents are knocking down shots at a second-best 50.5% in the bubble. The Silver and Black gave up a 46.9% field goal percentage in the 63 games before the hiatus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

35m Replying to ace3g

Sixth fewest fourth-quarter three-pointers allowed on just 34.6%. But they’re letting opponents shoot 61.9% inside the arc in the fourth.

1h
    Teams are shooting lights out against the Spurs since the league resumed official play. San Antonio’s opponents are knocking down shots at a second-best 50.5% in the bubble. The Silver and Black gave up a 46.9% field goal percentage in the 63 games before the hiatus.
    are you saying that LMA is our defensive anchor ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are you saying that LMA is our defensive anchor ?
    Well we only have one playable PF on our roster in Gay.

Again not having Lyles really constricted our rotations. I was pumped about the restart after the PAFTO said it would be about developing the young guys. I guarantee our main rotations would have been:

SL: Dejounte, White, DeRozan, Lyles, Poeltl

Bench: Patty(Quinn), Walker, Keldon, Gay, Eubanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our defense has sucked since the beginning of the season maybe even going back two years. Which is why we all scratched our head that Poop loves him some D but yet he fell in love with The worlds worst defender Forbes - and now I am not going there.

For the record I would not mind Forbes just as long as he is third string heat check player. Oh and Lyles is not a starting type player we need a tougher better shooter as a starter.

Thread Information