Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not the way physics works. Being taller doesn't make you bigger, and two guys the same weight but different heights is an advantage to the shorter man. That was why Durant struggled posting up smaller players for years and why many of the best man defenders (especially in the front court) tend to be undersized.

I didn't watch the Denver game, so I don't know for sure, but it looks like Porter played PF during the game while the Nuggets started 6-7 Torey Craig at SF. That only proves my point about how height is distributed among positions. Johnson may have guarded him (again, didn't watch), but if he did it was because he was guarding a guy play a position above him (or two in your mind). Ideally the Spurs' 6-9 PF guards him while Johnson guards Craig or Murray or Harris or whomever. If the Nuggets play a guy like Grant at PF, then I don't mind Johnson guarding him. I can't think of a team that has multiple 6-9 forwards who can dominate a game offensively.
    Yeah? I guess Millsap was the SG then. Stop making up son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge/Lyles/DeRozan/Forbes/Murray

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-White
    2-Walker
    3-Murray
    4-Johnson
    5-Aldridge

OR

1-White
    2-Walker
    3-Demar
    4-Johnson
    5-Poetl

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1-White
    2-Walker
    3-Murray
    4-Johnson
    5-Aldridge

OR

1-White
    2-Walker
    3-Demar
    4-Johnson
    5-Poetl
    is this a dwarf team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really think Metu is raw. Raw implies he has skills that need to be developed. I don't see that with him. I think he's a guy who thinks he's better than he is, rather than a guy like Walker who doesn't seem to know how good he is. Like for Walker, you see him blow past guys and then settle for a hook shot and you think "You have to learn to leverage that into better shots." For Metu, you see him trying to dribble past guys and you think, "You need to learn you don't have the handle to do that." It might seem like a similar situation, but it's really the opposite. Metu is ambitious and can look okay in lower levels where his talent lines up. But when you actually compare his skills to that of NBA guys, it's not there.
    You keep talking about his mental game, but what are the physical skills you think are deficient? Again, from clips and stats I'm seeing a good shot with range, very good athleticism and size, solid rebounding and shot blocking. Then you tell me he's not raw and has a good bbiq, and I'm thinking there's a ton of potential here. Which of my views of his skills is/are off?

Your criticism seems like a valid one, but imo it isn't sufficient cause to write a guy off as horrible in his second year. Over confidence isn't a permanent condition.

It's also possible you're wrong about his lack of team play being motivated by selfishness and overconfidence. In any case, it's fixable.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Starters: White, DDR, Gay, Lyles, LMA
    Bench: Mills, Murray, Lonnie, KJ, Zeller

I can only pray that we don't re-sign any of Poetl, Belli, or Forbes
    Dont worry, i dont think Poeltl will stay. Other Teams will value his defense the way it should be. Spurs will miss him over the years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if the Spurs don’t see him in there long term plans they need to work a deal with Boston who desperately needs a big man. I think he would be a good fit and we get a player and either there 15th or 25th pick depending on what player they give us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry, i dont think Poeltl will stay. Other Teams will value his defense the way it should be. Spurs will miss him over the years.
    Defense? Is that what you call picking up two fouls every 120 seconds into a game? I guess

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don’t trade anyone next years starting lineup will be
    Mills forbes beli Rudy gay and poodle with white walker Murray and keldon playing 10 minutes a game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense? Is that what you call picking up two fouls every 120 seconds into a game? I guess
    don‘t make yourself a fool like this.
    Last edited by ragas; 08-08-2020 at 02:29 AM.

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White
    Johnson
    Derozan
    Aldridge
    Okongwu

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray
    White
    Derozan
    Lyles
    Aldridge

Subs

Mills
    Walker
    Johnson
    Gay
    Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's awful. It's amazing to me that people still like him. It's like I'm the only one who's seen him actually play or something.
    You are not the only one.

The Metu experiment failed. Anyone who doesn't see that hasn't been paying attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don‘t make yourself a fool like this.
    So I just imagined him picking up 2 fouls in the first 2 minutes of 3 straight games? I guess I imagined him fouling out too. The dude’s “great” defense doesn’t mean if he can’t stay on the court due to foul trouble

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of the veterans:

White
    Johnson
    1st round pick
    FA
    Poeltl

Murray
    Walker
    2nd round pick
    Samanic
    Eubanks

With everybody back:

White
    Johnson
    DeRozan
    FA (Crowder?) or 1st round pick
    Aldridge

Murray
    Mills
    Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is will we trade DeRozan

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting rid of the veterans:

White
    Johnson
    1st round pick
    FA
    Poeltl

Murray
    Walker
    2nd round pick
    Samanic
    Eubanks

With everybody back:

White
    Johnson
    DeRozan
    FA (Crowder?) or 1st round pick
    Aldridge

Murray
    Mills
    Walker
    Gay
    Poeltl
    first option waaaay better, but u forgot that gettin rid of LMA means gettin sth in return so these lineups should be even better.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The question is will we trade DeRozan
    IMO its all up to ddr.as long as i know spurs and pop they probably offer him a new contract and keep him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah 2021 is looking to be another ty year for Spurs fans but still holding out on Hope. The biggest question is that both LMA and DEROZZ know that the Spurs are in a rebuild mode so maybe they are OK with a trade that could help us out and send them to a team that has a chance ie. Portland, Boston, Philly, Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's awful. It's amazing to me that people still like him. It's like I'm the only one who's seen him actually play or something.
    He was great during the World Cup, and he showed many things in G-League.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Walker would be the starting 2, replacing Forbes, but i'm starting to think they'll just go with White.

Murray-White-DDR- Lyles, Aldridge
    Mills-Walker-KJ-Gay-Poeltl

That starting lineup isn't perfect, but it's certainly better defensively than the Forbes version of the SL. Murray would also likely play a lot more off ball, which is a good thing. If White's offensive assertiveness is here to stay, then he makes the SL better offensively too.

Assuming Murray continues to improve as a shooter and Aldridge continues to shoot 3's at the rate he did, that team might actually shoot closer to the league average in 3pt attempts rather than be at the bottom of the league. Might not be such a bad team tbh, especially if KJ and Walker show a lot of improvement.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Aldridge and gay get traded .. we resign poodle and extend derozen and basically have the same lineup we have in the bubble

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need a legit center to pair with LMA. Poeltl is undersized and not a rim protector. Also need some depth at the Forward spot. Lyles doesn't cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is undersized?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is undersized?

I guess he plays smaller than he is?

Thread Information