Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: Aldridge, Trey, Demar, Keldon, and Derrick.

Bench: Murray Mills Lonnie Rudy Jakob

Weatherspoon Luka Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad idea for the rotation (provided they may no trades), but I think they need a more mobile starting PF with some perimeter skills. Also, while I love Johnson's toughness, he hasn't really shown the footspeed to keep up with guards, and DeMar definitely should be counted on to do that. That makes it hard for me to see Johnson starting without some other guard in there, instead of DMDR or Lyles.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like to do is move up in the draft for wiseman or big 0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a bad idea for the rotation (provided they may no trades), but I think they need a more mobile starting PF with some perimeter skills. Also, while I love Johnson's toughness, he hasn't really shown the footspeed to keep up with guards, and DeMar definitely should be counted on to do that. That makes it hard for me to see Johnson starting without some other guard in there, instead of DMDR or Lyles.
    Why can't Metu be that PF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: Aldridge, Trey, Demar, Keldon, and Derrick.

Bench: Murray Mills Lonnie Rudy Jakob

Weatherspoon Luka Eubanks
    Luka but no Metu? WTF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cause Metu isn't very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why can't Metu be that PF?
    Because he's awful. It's amazing to me that people still like him. It's like I'm the only one who's seen him actually play or something.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The spurs have to unload some of there vets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West's SGs: Danny Green, Kawhi, Gary Harris, Mitc , McCollum, Hardaway, Harden, Holiday.

West SFs: Lebron, George, Porter Jr., Ingles, Anthony, Finley-Smith, House, Ingram.

I really don't see this big difference in speed, tbh. I do see, however, a big difference on size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West's SGs: Danny Green, Kawhi, Gary Harris, Mitc , McCollum, Hardaway, Harden, Holiday.

West SFs: Lebron, George, Porter Jr., Ingles, Anthony, Finley-Smith, House, Ingram.

I really don't see this big difference in speed, tbh. I do see, however, a big difference on size.
    There is a big difference in agility though. Regardless, listing role-player shooters and guys who play with role-player shooting PFs doesn't really seem to make a case for there being a size difference. This isn't the old NBA anymore. Guys don't post up nearly as often, and Johnson is not like Mills on Durant anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a big difference in agility though. Regardless, listing role-player shooters and guys who play with role-player shooting PFs doesn't really seem to make a case for there being a size difference. This isn't the old NBA anymore. Guys don't post up nearly as often, and Johnson is not like Mills on Durant anyway.
    The size differential isn't seen on postups son. It is seen on defense, on shooting looks, on rebounds, on blocks, on help defense, on lose balls, etc. Size will always make a difference on this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The size differential isn't seen on postups son. It is seen on defense, on shooting looks, on rebounds, on blocks, on help defense, on lose balls, etc. Size will always make a difference on this game.
    At this point it's getting boring. No, a guy being an inch or two shorter isn't going to stop him from being able to rotate out. It won't stop him from getting lose balls. It won't stop him from getting rebounds. Height is still preferable, but it's not that important when compared to IQ and tenacity in today's NBA. It's telling that you can't see the difference between a guy like Johnson and a guy like Mills or Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point it's getting boring. No, a guy being an inch or two shorter isn't going to stop him from being able to rotate out. It won't stop him from getting lose balls. It won't stop him from getting rebounds. Height is still preferable, but it's not that important when compared to IQ and tenacity in today's NBA. It's telling that you can't see the difference between a guy like Johnson and a guy like Mills or Forbes.
    In terms of height, Johnson is to Mills and Forbes, what Porter Jr will be to Keldon for years to come.

No matter how gritty and intelligent you are, there comes a moment where, if playing against taller guys, you will meet guys as gritty and as intelligent as you and they will overpower you because you are playing one position above your ideal one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: White, DDR, Gay, Lyles, LMA
    Bench: Mills, Murray, Lonnie, KJ, Zeller

I can only pray that we don't re-sign any of Poetl, Belli, or Forbes

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    In terms of height, Johnson is to Mills and Forbes, what Porter Jr will be to Keldon for years to come.

No matter how gritty and intelligent you are, there comes a moment where, if playing against taller guys, you will meet guys as gritty and as intelligent as you and they will overpower you because you are playing one position above your ideal one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I hate that team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters: White, DDR, Gay, Lyles, LMA
    Bench: Mills, Murray, Lonnie, KJ, Zeller

I can only pray that we don't re-sign any of Poetl, Belli, or Forbes
    Zeller?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Eubanks. I don’t care which. I just don’t want to re-sign Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Odd men out hopefully:

Forbes, DeMar, Beli, Rudy Gay, and perhaps Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl still being on the team on a team friendly deal is a non-issue. Spurs love continuity because they dont have to re-teach concepts and plays over and over. Now if he demands way too much money, I say bye ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he's awful. It's amazing to me that people still like him. It's like I'm the only one who's seen him actually play or something.
    I'm admittedly going off his numbers and highlights only.
    Educate me. What makes him so bad? Is it low bbiq and bad defense?
    Last edited by Dingle Barry; 08-07-2020 at 12:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's not the way physics works. Being taller doesn't make you bigger, and two guys the same weight but different heights is an advantage to the shorter man. That was why Durant struggled posting up smaller players for years and why many of the best man defenders (especially in the front court) tend to be undersized.

I didn't watch the Denver game, so I don't know for sure, but it looks like Porter played PF during the game while the Nuggets started 6-7 Torey Craig at SF. That only proves my point about how height is distributed among positions. Johnson may have guarded him (again, didn't watch), but if he did it was because he was guarding a guy play a position above him (or two in your mind). Ideally the Spurs' 6-9 PF guards him while Johnson guards Craig or Murray or Harris or whomever. If the Nuggets play a guy like Grant at PF, then I don't mind Johnson guarding him. I can't think of a team that has multiple 6-9 forwards who can dominate a game offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm admittedly going off his numbers and highlights only.
    Educate me. What makes him so bad? Is it low bbiq and bad defense?
    Metu is crazy selfish on the court. It's miserable watching him on the court unless you're only rooting for him to get as many touches as possible. I don't think he has a bad offensive BBIQ. He probably knows the right move and just doesn't give a . Defensively, he's more energetic than effective. It's like he grew up watching Serge Ibaka and thought that was supposed to be how defense worked. I do think he's selfish there too in the sense that he's looking for his stats. But at least on O, I think he can make good plays every once in a while.

Issue is that he doesn't have the size to play the five or the skills to play PF (let alone SF like Pop wanted). He might be able to survive at the four if he played within himself. But he doesn't, and even if he did, it's not like that'd be a good player. Like maybe he'd get minutes with so many guys out, but he wouldn't be starting or anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is crazy selfish on the court. It's miserable watching him on the court unless you're only rooting for him to get as many touches as possible. I don't think he has a bad offensive BBIQ. He probably knows the right move and just doesn't give a . Defensively, he's more energetic than effective. It's like he grew up watching Serge Ibaka and thought that was supposed to be how defense worked. I do think he's selfish there too in the sense that he's looking for his stats. But at least on O, I think he can make good plays every once in a while.

Issue is that he doesn't have the size to play the five or the skills to play PF (let alone SF like Pop wanted). He might be able to survive at the four if he played within himself. But he doesn't, and even if he did, it's not like that'd be a good player. Like maybe he'd get minutes with so many guys out, but he wouldn't be starting or anything.
    Thanks. What skills do you think he lacks? From the clips I've seen, he has a really nice jumper. He shot 38% from 3. He's fast and appears to have pretty good handle for a PF. Pretty athletic and can play above the rim. I'm sure his post game is raw, but it looks like there's at least raw potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. What skills do you think he lacks? From the clips I've seen, he has a really nice jumper. He shot 38% from 3. He's fast and appears to have pretty good handle for a PF. Pretty athletic and can play above the rim. I'm sure his post game is raw, but it looks like there's at least raw potential.
    I don't really think Metu is raw. Raw implies he has skills that need to be developed. I don't see that with him. I think he's a guy who thinks he's better than he is, rather than a guy like Walker who doesn't seem to know how good he is. Like for Walker, you see him blow past guys and then settle for a hook shot and you think "You have to learn to leverage that into better shots." For Metu, you see him trying to dribble past guys and you think, "You need to learn you don't have the handle to do that." It might seem like a similar situation, but it's really the opposite. Metu is ambitious and can look okay in lower levels where his talent lines up. But when you actually compare his skills to that of NBA guys, it's not there.

Thread Information