Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent Berry mentioned they're looking at free agents. You're telling me we have room for our two draft picks and a free agent? Who could the Spurs be looking at?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Eubanks will not be on the team or will replace Poeltl/LMA if the team drafts a center like most of us seem to want. I think the second-rounder will take that two-way spot. Hopefully, the team looks at bringing in a PF who can defend and shoot in the way they tried to with Morris. This might be a good year to just not, though. If the cap doesn't jump like is being predicted, then the Spurs are in a position where they might have to Jefferson DeRozan to get under the tax. Maybe they're sensing DeMar is still going to opt out/walk though, or maybe they have some trades lined up to dump salary. If everyone comes back, though, money will be tight. From a financial perspective, getting under the tax and getting a share of what looks to be a higher tax bill than we've seen in a while would be a good idea.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    drummond and joe harris should be the target. ddr, beli, forbes out and maybe lma, murray trade
    Last edited by spurspl; 08-05-2020 at 07:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will have no cap space. A Full MLE is all. 2022, like a whole team is off payroll (Mills, Gay, LMA, Lyles, DD if he opts in).

If spurs are going with an up tempo team and DD resigns, I think going after Randal could be an option, Mills/Gay with a sign and trade with Poeltl would be the players involved. Obviously that would require Knicks seeing long term value in Poeltl as their starting center in the future. Which is possible with Thibs on board.

I would also look into Sabonis. I love his game and TD will be training him. That would require a big offer and I think LMA, Murray and 1st. And then take back some bad contracts in the mean time. But I think Pacers would only move Sabonis in a win now scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Eubanks will not be on the team or will replace Poeltl/LMA if the team drafts a center like most of us seem to want. I think the second-rounder will take that two-way spot. Hopefully, the team looks at bringing in a PF who can defend and shoot in the way they tried to with Morris. This might be a good year to just not, though. If the cap doesn't jump like is being predicted, then the Spurs are in a position where they might have to Jefferson DeRozan to get under the tax. Maybe they're sensing DeMar is still going to opt out/walk though, or maybe they have some trades lined up to dump salary. If everyone comes back, though, money will be tight. From a financial perspective, getting under the tax and getting a share of what looks to be a higher tax bill than we've seen in a while would be a good idea.
    What? Why? Why the would any Spur fan want that? We need Forwards, Forwards and more Forwards. Basically the same we have been needing since nephew GTFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Otto Porter Jr. (player)
    Montrezl Harrell
    Jae Crowder
    Andre Roberson (If he is healthy after the bubble and playoffs)
    Dario Saric (restricted)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am i the only one who feels the Spurs are going to have a fire sale on the vets this year in exchange for young talent?

Aldridge, Rudy, Mills and DeRozan if he opts in are all on the last year of their contract after this season. If you were ever to extract value in a trade from any of those vets this off season is the time to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs got no cap space to speak of. Most of these guys are pipe dreams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Free Agents available are pretty thin this year, especially for a team that doesn't have a lot of money to spend. The only guy I see that might be relatively inexpensive and maybe worth taking a chance on is Christian Wood.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what Brent says, I don't expect the Spurs to spend any exception money due to the Corona $ losses. I just hope it's bad enough that they don't re-sign Forbes, but not so bad that they sell their first round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of what Brent says, I don't expect the Spurs to spend any exception money due to the Corona $ losses. I just hope it's bad enough that they don't re-sign Forbes, but not so bad that they sell their first round pick

If spurs sold their first we should def boycott this franchise

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wood is not going to be cheap. He is going to get paid this summer. Thon Maker would be nice for us to get.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wish there was video. what else did he have to say?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    idk who the spurs could be looking at without cap space.

but i'm glad he's trying to build the roster he's gonna coach down the line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade pop !

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've been a big montrezl fan but sign dwight howard instead. he's size the spurs need. and will be cheaper.

white / keldon / / la / howard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was the first and only interesting in game interview so far. I was gonna post about how horrible and un-entertaining they make the broadcast after last game.

But I decided to cry about pop instead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost every year we talk about trades and nothing happens I hope to God this year makes up for all the others and we trade Two players and let two players go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this won't happen especially after how Warren is playing in bubble but....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this won't happen especially after how Warren is playing in bubble but....

Yea no fckn way pacers do that deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One potential free agent I like and that we could target is one we just faced... I mean Jeremy Grant. Good defender, athletic, now a good shooter from 3 too... Looks the kind of player that improves every year. Has a player option. Considering how many good players Denver has, he could consider a clear safe role in a different team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way Montrezl is signing for the MLE so not sure why people are saying it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? Why? Why the would any Spur fan want that? We need Forwards, Forwards and more Forwards. Basically the same we have been needing since nephew GTFO.
    The team has drafted at least one forward for a few years now. There's no question that the team could use an ace PF, and I've said as much in so many threads that I'm not going to keep repeating that for your benefit. But the team needs a developmental center too. The ideal thing (outside of winning the lottery and getting Wiseman) would be to get a pick in the 20s and grab a guy to replace Eubanks or to push Eubanks for minutes if LMA or Poeltl leaves. It's a legit need that should be addressed in the draft.

The team might well try again for getting a forward in free agency. If the team needs that position so much, then they need to use more immediate resources on it and not just every draft pick forever no matter what. Regardless, the Spurs did not lack size until they let all of their size go the off-season they traded Leonard. I agree there, but it's not like it was Kawhi who was the size for the Spurs. They should've gotten something back from Toronto like OG or Siakam and didn't. I like Johnson a lot, but it would've made sense to not get that pick if they had a chance to get more. And they'd already have a starting PF if they had just drafted Brandon Clarke over Samanic. I'll never be okay with that, just like I wasn't okay with drafting Milutinov over Harrell in 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One potential free agent I like and that we could target is one we just faced... I mean Jeremy Grant. Good defender, athletic, now a good shooter from 3 too... Looks the kind of player that improves every year. Has a player option. Considering how many good players Denver has, he could consider a clear safe role in a different team...
    Not a bad idea at all. It depends on the money, though. As I mentioned before, the Spurs may not have enough to keep Lyles, so tossing the full MLE -- and especially that for multiple years -- may not be tenable for a player who is still just okay.

Thread Information