Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -if there was a possibility to create space to offer a contract to Ingram, that would be my choice
    -if Gay's contract can be used to acquire Randle I would do it too
    UFA
    - Ibaka
    - Gallo
    - Harkless
    - Bertans
    - Crowder
    - Rondae
    We had Bertans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk for yourself son. Me and some others were calling him the best guard on the roster by the end of his rookie season.
    Yup. He came up and just wrecked for about 20 games at the end. He shot like 60% from 3. It was just a gut punch when he was hobbled the next season with plantar fasciaitis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. He came up and just wrecked for about 20 games at the end. He shot like 60% from 3. It was just a gut punch when he was hobbled the next season with plantar fasciaitis.
    Man, get the out of here with that bull . Derrick didn't wreck on the NBA court in 20 games in his rookie year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../gamelog/2018/

Hate when people refuse to check on their lies first before they start saying that fits their narrative.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we package dd for draft picks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we package dd for draft picks
    It's probably more like package DD with draft picks, than for, tbh. If he opts in, and the salary cap stays flat, I don't see many teams where he's a good fit, and have contracts they can dispose of to match DD's huge salary, and the Spurs don't think it's a bad return, AND on top of that, they're willing to offer picks to us in return? Yeah, I'm drawing blanks there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, get the out of here with that bull . Derrick didn't wreck on the NBA court in 20 games in his rookie year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../gamelog/2018/

Hate when people refuse to check on their lies first before they start saying that fits their narrative.
    Dude, you have anger management issues.

Perhaps exstatic exagerated with "wrecked" but the kid did good. Got some minutes, had a couple double digits games and shot 60% from 3. I remember folks were very excited about him. Some of us who followed him during G-league knew he was very special. That's why we were saying he was already the best guard on the team. There's even a thread about it that doesn't let me lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you have anger management issues.

Perhaps exstatic exagerated with "wrecked" but the kid did good. Got some minutes, had a couple double digits games and shot 60% from 3. I remember folks were very excited about him. Some of us who followed him during G-league knew he was very special. That's why we were saying he was already the best guard on the team. There's even a thread about it that doesn't let me lie.
    Bro, I have a Derrick White jersey. Dont pretend as if youre someone special for believing he was good during his rookie year. I had threads saying the same thing as well. I'm not against White. White is actually one of my favorite players. Like I said, I just hate when people make up . Exaggerating is not a minor thing, it's a harmful thing especially when people run away with it and start believing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's probably more like package DD with draft picks, than for, tbh. If he opts in, and the salary cap stays flat, I don't see many teams where he's a good fit, and have contracts they can dispose of to match DD's huge salary, and the Spurs don't think it's a bad return, AND on top of that, they're willing to offer picks to us in return? Yeah, I'm drawing blanks there.
    Only teams I think that could happen would be Boston, Nets, Orlando, and Philly. Of those four teams I think DEROZZ would sign off on a trade. The only two teams I think LMA would sign off on would be Miami 23rd pick and Portland 14th pick. Maybe trade Rudy for Boston 30th pick or Philly 34th pick not sure who we would take back as far as players. I just would rather get something before they walk the following year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only teams I think that could happen would be Boston, Nets, Orlando, and Philly. Of those four teams I think DEROZZ would sign off on a trade. The only two teams I think LMA would sign off on would be Miami 23rd pick and Portland 14th pick. Maybe trade Rudy for Boston 30th pick or Philly 34th pick not sure who we would take back as far as players. I just would rather get something before they walk the following year.
    Boston? They have two young, All-Star level wing players who are damn good but ball dominant, not to mention Hayward who's being paid the Supermax. DeMar doesn't fit there and neither does his contract. The Nets are probably going to roll back their team with a healthy Durant+Irving, at least for a season, to see how everything works out before they make such a drastic change as adding a third ball-dominant star; not to mention KI & KD are both being paid maxes as well. Orlando has just lost Isaac for probably all of next season and is far from needing an aging DeRozan for immediate contention; and Philly has enough stars with no outside shot to be taking a serious look at a player like DeMar. None of those teams have any realistic desire or need to get an overpaid DeRozan, especially on a year where the cap isn't rising.

LMA is easier to sell as a player but I am still skeptical that he'd be traded. Rudy is the most likely one to me, to be shipped off, especially since he's proving he still has some value in this bubble play. I could see a team throw a late first-rounder to get him. I'd be happy to trade any of the three before they walk out on us, so I'm looking forward to being proven wrong, tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wonder how much the spurs will offer torrey craig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerami Grant would fit like a glove. Spurs need a mobile 4 that can block shots, guard multiple positons and shoot the 3-ball. He should demand a little more than MLE money, so some type of trade needs to happen

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would imagine Derozen opts in with all the covid questions marks looming over the off-season. It still feels like one of him or LMA should be traded for young pieces and picks. It hard to ignore the improved chemistry with LMA gone.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerami Grant would fit like a glove. Spurs need a mobile 4 that can block shots, guard multiple positons and shoot the 3-ball. He should demand a little more than MLE money, so some type of trade needs to happen
    If I remember right, he turned down a $9 million extension because he’s looking for something bigger.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would DDR opt-in? He showed out this bubble. He could be trash next season and get a worse deal.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would DDR opt-in? He showed out this bubble. He could be trash next season and get a worse deal.
    Less teams with enough cap space this coming season.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    demar will opt in.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    man, white / keldon / bertans would've been a neat trio...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I remember right, he turned down a $9 million extension because he’s looking for something bigger.
    yeah but with the Corona break, how much would he get on a market where most teams don't even have cap space? Maybe 12-13, but not more. Plus he wants to start and the Spurs can guarantee him a spot in the starting 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Demar opts out but the spurs resign him for more years but less per year, 4 year/92 million deal incoming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would imagine Derozen opts in with all the covid questions marks looming over the off-season. It still feels like one of him or LMA should be traded for young pieces and picks. It hard to ignore the improved chemistry with LMA gone.
    On the contrary, I think he opts out. Woj already dropped the news that the cap will be the same next year, so he can get the same type of deal that FAs got last summer. They’re going to smooth the cap, but if that doesn’t work,and it has to drop in the near future, this may be the best year to be a FA. he will also be the top of the class, if you assume that AD resigns with the Lakers as a matter of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, I think he opts out. Woj already dropped the news that the cap will be the same next year, so he can get the same type of deal that FAs got last summer. They’re going to smooth the cap, but if that doesn’t work,and it has to drop in the near future, this may be the best year to be a FA. he will also be the top of the class, if you assume that AD resigns with the Lakers as a matter of course.
    Teams usually don't sign multiyear contracts thinking only about the current cap climate. Last July, there wasn't even a hint that COVID would would be a thing, nor that the NBA and China would have a falling out. Teams had no reason to believe the cap wasn't going to keep rising. A team last year would've signed a player assuming the contract would either remain the same percentage of the cap or drop, even if the salary kept going up. This year, the cap won't dot that, and all the teams know it. You might well see a lot more one-year deals due to the teams and not the players. You might also see declining contracts instead of increasing ones.

I wouldn't be surprised if DeRozan gets an extend-and-trade, with the extension being for a smaller APY. It makes the most sense for everyone involved. The Spurs get something back. DeRozan doesn't have to play the market, gets a wider selection of teams that could bring him on and keeps his final-year salary. The new team gets to offload some bad money and gets DeRozan without having to fight other teams in free agency.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised if DeRozan gets an extend-and-trade, with the extension being for a smaller APY. It makes the most sense for everyone involved. The Spurs get something back. DeRozan doesn't have to play the market, gets a wider selection of teams that could bring him on and keeps his final-year salary. The new team gets to offload some bad money and gets DeRozan without having to fight other teams in free agency.
    Do you have any particular "bad money" in mind, and what other assets the other team might include to compensate for what would probably be a talent downgrade for the Spurs? You mentioned Wiggins in the past, and while that player/contract combo is awful, GS has a great draft pick to offer.

Edit: something like DeRozan (extended) + Gay for Wiggins, Green, and their 1st works, even if having Green on the Spurs makes me throw up. It allows GS to dump Wiggins's terrible contract and lets them avoid having to pay Curry, Thompson, DeRozan, and Green at the same time. Them insisting on getting back the Spurs' pick (likely #10-11) is a bridge too far for me, though. Just throwing stuff at the wall here, I doubt GS would take that.
    Last edited by Seventyniner; 08-12-2020 at 06:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dd getting a loyalty contract cause he fits in the culture...at the expense of the spurs still being a pretender team making up the numbers for a 1st round exit or barely making the playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant has always been a desire of mine. My only problem with him was his 3pt shooting. He now has two solid seasons on that regard to show it isn't a fluke. He would be an ideal match. I don't see how we can get him though. But if he's willing to accept the MLE, he should be priority #1, 2, 3 and 4. He's the perfect fit.

Maybe sign and trade with Denver? I would have no problem with paying Grant Dejounte's money. Grant for Murray straight up. Maybe add a second rounder if needed to get their attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have any particular "bad money" in mind, and what other assets the other team might include to compensate for what would probably be a talent downgrade for the Spurs? You mentioned Wiggins in the past, and while that player/contract combo is awful, GS has a great draft pick to offer.

Edit: something like DeRozan (extended) + Gay for Wiggins, Green, and their 1st works, even if having Green on the Spurs makes me throw up. It allows GS to dump Wiggins's terrible contract and lets them avoid having to pay Curry, Thompson, DeRozan, and Green at the same time. Them insisting on getting back the Spurs' pick (likely #10-11) is a bridge too far for me, though. Just throwing stuff at the wall here, I doubt GS would take that.
    Spit-balling, but Orlando could be regretting the Ross and Aminu deals and think moving on from them and getting and extended DeRozan is worth 15. It's not horrible money, but Miami might decide to short circuit the summer of 2021 and get DeRozan, especially if he's signing a cheaper extension. They'd send Iggy and Olynyk over to match salary. Young and Satoransky have surprisingly huge contracts with partial guarantees in 2021. Could be worth a pick swap for them to clear their cap and get a talent upgrade. Not a multi-year deal, but Conley's salary is horrible, and he's been a huge bust with the team. Somehow, the team has their first-rounder this year, and using it to turn Conley into DeRozan and Gay could be the kind a move that a GM makes trying desperately to cover up for his horrible move last season. Sacramento always seems to have bad contracts to throw around, and Portland could probably use DeRozan more than Aldridge to do what Melo has been doing for them but adding more play-making.

Surprisingly, there isn't a ton of bad money out there anymore. There are still deals like Wiggins and Rozier, but I don't really see those team's trading them and giving up value.

Thread Information