My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some context on this...

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Wednesday that he’s authorizing the city to shut off L.A. Department of Water and Power services at houses, businesses and other venues hosting large gatherings during the pandemic.

“Starting on Friday night, if LAPD responds and verifies that a large gathering is occurring at a property, and we see these properties offending time and time again, they will provide notice and initiate the process to request that DWP shut off service within the next 48 hours,” Garcetti said.

The mayor said this enforcement is not focused on small gatherings in people’s homes, but on the “people determined to break the rules, posing significant public dangers and a threat to all of us.”

The announcement came after the county’s health department on Tuesday issued a “legally binding” order banning gatherings following a large Beverly Crest house party that involved people crowding together, the majority without face masks.

Violating the health officer order prohibiting parties and other gatherings is “a crime punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both,” the L.A. County Department of Public Health said in a statement.

L.A. police officers had responded to the Beverly Crest party Monday after receiving disturbance calls. Though gatherings had already been banned in L.A. County, officers did not break up the party, explaining the music was not that loud and it was held at a private residence.

Officers ended up returning to the residence hours later when a shooting at the party left one person dead and others wounded.

“While we have already closed all nightclubs and bars, these large house parties have essentially become nightclubs in the Hills,” Garcetti said. “Many times, the homes are vacant, or used for short term rentals, and beyond the noise, the traffic and nuisance, these large parties are unsafe and can cost Angelenos their lives.”

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/...er-gatherings/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California is ed and un able.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LAW AND ORDER!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SANCTUARY STATE!

PROGRESSIVE!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too many parties, tbh... if there's such a thing

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Double takes from both sides tbh..

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some context on this...

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) – Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced Wednesday that he’s authorizing the city to shut off L.A. Department of Water and Power services at houses, businesses and other venues hosting large gatherings during the pandemic.

“Starting on Friday night, if LAPD responds and verifies that a large gathering is occurring at a property, and we see these properties offending time and time again, they will provide notice and initiate the process to request that DWP shut off service within the next 48 hours,” Garcetti said.

The mayor said this enforcement is not focused on small gatherings in people’s homes, but on the “people determined to break the rules, posing significant public dangers and a threat to all of us.”

The announcement came after the county’s health department on Tuesday issued a “legally binding” order banning gatherings following a large Beverly Crest house party that involved people crowding together, the majority without face masks.

Violating the health officer order prohibiting parties and other gatherings is “a crime punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both,” the L.A. County Department of Public Health said in a statement.

L.A. police officers had responded to the Beverly Crest party Monday after receiving disturbance calls. Though gatherings had already been banned in L.A. County, officers did not break up the party, explaining the music was not that loud and it was held at a private residence.

Officers ended up returning to the residence hours later when a shooting at the party left one person dead and others wounded.

“While we have already closed all nightclubs and bars, these large house parties have essentially become nightclubs in the Hills,” Garcetti said. “Many times, the homes are vacant, or used for short term rentals, and beyond the noise, the traffic and nuisance, these large parties are unsafe and can cost Angelenos their lives.”

https://www.abc27.com/news/us-world/...er-gatherings/
    Thank gawd for context, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course! you're welcome.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta implement law & order for the safety of Chumpette's health. Gotta punish even those that are not infected.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta implement law & order for the safety of Chumpette's health. Gotta punish even those that are not infected.
    It's the law! (Even if it's not really!)

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol you jealous guys

Life here is great

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hey derp, could you imagine assisted living better than Cali?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far too lenient.

Should have shut off water and elec and busted killer party and all future Covid parties 1st time out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far too lenient.

Should have shut off water and elec and busted killer party and all future Covid parties 1st time out.
    Fabbs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herr Garcetti

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right to assemble!

thus is uncons utional... california!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far too lenient.

calm down xi jinping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can go to these gatherings if you show me your microchipped vaccine certification

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right to assemble!

thus is uncons utional... california!
    Right to have a healthy body and not have some Covid spreading schmucks prancing around publicly straight out of their bull party while coughing and imposing /spreading their contagions on the public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right to have a healthy body and not have some Covid spreading schmucks prancing around publicly straight out of their bull party while coughing and imposing /spreading their contagions on the public.
    idc what you'd like you ing commie. the cons ution is my guide not you nor any other tiny mind authoritarian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's on the Cons ution about your rights to water and power?

Thread Information