My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elections are messy in normal times. I think it's a good thing to be aware of the ways that valid ballots get spoiled so we can work toward solving problems that tend to disenfrachise people. Like PO (in)efficiency.

Wouldn't you agree?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least there is a paper trail. With e-voting (voting in person) you never really know if your vote counts or not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elections are messy in normal times. I think it's a good thing to be aware of the ways that valid ballots get spoiled so we can work toward solving problems that tend to disenfrachise people. Like PO (in)efficiency.

Wouldn't you agree?
    Didn't someone here say the PO was uber efficient when they were preaching universal HC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how much of the problems associated with the NY primary are directly attributable to PO error?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the article doesnt allege that the post office was slow to deliver anything, for instance. the issue with the post office is that they failed to postmark all of them, and postmarks are required by the election committee rules.

important to note that the post office generally does not postmark pre-paid envelopes, so they had to be on a special lookout for ballot mail. post office also suggested that these envelopes also include special bar codes to help them sort through which pre-paid envelopes would require postmarks. it's unclear from this article or the NYT article whether or not all the return envelopes in question were bar coded.

other issues were lack of signatures, envelopes sealed with tape (election rules in NY mandate that all such ballots are invalid

In all, the New York City Board of Elections sent more than 750,000 ballots with prepaid return envelopes, and some 400,000 were mailed back. Postage on prepaid envelopes costs less than a stamp and is charged to the payer only if used.

Prepaid envelopes are not typically postmarked by the post office’s sorting systems, though the Postal Service recommends that ballot envelopes use a special bar code to help identify them. Officials say they make every effort to identify ballots and assure a postmark, a critical element in determining if ballots were sent by the Election Day deadline.

That means going so far as to use human “gatekeepers” to backstop the Postal Service’s massive computerized sorting systems, who pull ballot envelopes out, one at a time, and feed them through a cancellation machine to assure a postmark.

election officials were often late to even send the ballots out, making them impossible to be returned in time. that's not really an indictment on the post office itself

Election lawyers said one area of concern in New York City was that mail-in ballots have prepaid return envelopes. The Postal Service apparently had difficulty processing some of them correctly and, as a result, an unknown number of votes — perhaps thousands — may have been wrongfully disqualified because of a lack of a postmark.

Thousands more ballots in the city were discarded by election officials for minor errors, or not even sent to voters until the day before the primary, making it all but impossible for the ballots to be returned in time.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a good thing right, cucks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't someone here say the PO was uber efficient when they were preaching universal HC?
    The USPS isn't perfect, but it does the job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the article doesnt allege that the post office was slow to deliver anything, for instance. the issue with the post office is that they failed to postmark all of them, and postmarks are required by the election committee rules.

important to note that the post office generally does not postmark pre-paid envelopes, so they had to be on a special lookout for ballot mail. post office also suggested that these envelopes also include special bar codes to help them sort through which pre-paid envelopes would require postmarks. it's unclear from this article or the NYT article whether or not all the return envelopes in question were bar coded.

other issues were lack of signatures, envelopes sealed with tape (election rules in NY mandate that all such ballots are invalid

election officials were often late to even send the ballots out, making them impossible to be returned in time. that's not really an indictment on the post office itself

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/n...ts-voting.html
    The political will doesn't seem to exist to solve well do ented, very predictable problems with elections.

Maybe both parties prefer it that way for some reason.

Thread Information