Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as season is over I would offer 4 years for 50 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 years, $60 million tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't be asking for less than what Murray is making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    54/3

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If dj gets $64 then white deserves $80

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are screwed if he ask more than murray got (probably he will). so yeah, thanks to all who gave murray this contract. There will be two overpaid players in spurs. Great rebuild

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However much a 20/5/5 player is worth

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs are screwed if he ask more than murray got (probably he will). so yeah, thanks to all who gave murray this contract. There will be two overpaid players in spurs. Great rebuild
    Nah White won't be overpaid the dude is showing you he can play and his worth more than Murray but really all you do is hate. You confused me when you said Josh Jackson was better.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah White won't be overpaid the dude is showing you he can play and his worth more than Murray but really all you do is hate. You confused me when you said Josh Jackson was better.
    im not hating but telling the truth. Yea white >murray and white should be paid more, sth around murrays contract. But now, if whites agent are smart the will be asking for sth like 80-90/4

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not hating but telling the truth. Yea white >murray and white should be paid more, sth around murrays contract. But now, if whites agent are smart the will be asking for sth like 80-90/4
    You're hating by saying paying White 80 million is an overpay. White is playing like a top 10 pick n his draft class and that's what atop 10 pick in their draft class would get on an extension.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points on him not asking for less than Murray. Maybe go 4/70.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're hating by saying paying White 80 million is an overpay. White is playing like a top 10 pick n his draft class and that's what atop 10 pick in their draft class would get on an extension.
    for example: oladipo 85/4
    imo 60/4 for white
    and 45/4 for murray, that would be a fair price

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for example: oladipo 85/4
    imo 60/4 for white
    and 45/4 for murray, that would be a fair price
    Hey if White signed for 60 I'd be happy but if they gave him 80 after giving the less talented Murray 65 I''d understand that too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a less generous market right now. I don't think White will get a raise beyond what Murray gets. I don't see a reason why the team shouldn't wait until next year to pay Derrick anyway. If anything this should be a cautionary tale to not extend rookie-contract players. Best-case scenario for the Spurs is that they draft an instant-impact player and make a decent run next year and go into the 2021 free-agent market as a team with tons of cap space and a good cast of guy locked into deals. That's harder if White already counts for his contract rather than his (albeit inflated) cap hold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a less generous market right now. I don't think White will get a raise beyond what Murray gets. I don't see a reason why the team shouldn't wait until next year to pay Derrick anyway. If anything this should be a cautionary tale to not extend rookie-contract players. Best-case scenario for the Spurs is that they draft an instant-impact player and make a decent run next year and go into the 2021 free-agent market as a team with tons of cap space and a good cast of guy locked into deals. That's harder if White already counts for his contract rather than his (albeit inflated) cap hold.
    Beat me to it. There’s a chance they don’t extend IF they’re planning on using space in the summer of 2021 with Aldridge and Demar off the books.

But if the front office thinks it’s a buyer’s market and able to extend him below market because of outside cir stances, you do it every time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    50mill/4year is a lowball lol. 70-80/4 year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best player on the team. Been saying it for a while. If they resign him right now, they might be able to get him for what Murray got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supermax imo

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Basically the same reason they held off a year on Number Two's max extension.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad White pre-COVID had to mostly come off the bench with Forbes starting and Mills getting more run them him lol. Pop neutered him but he's got that aggressiveness and coincidence going. Got to get rid of Demar or LA for next season though to max his effectiveness. Murray like most say here needs to develop into a Danny role; just doesn't have the temperament and skill set to be a point although he could be a really good player in the right role.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope his uncle isn't his agent lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, the Spurs extended Dejounte last fall, and the cap figure was coming in at $109M. The cap figure for next year will be $109M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad White pre-COVID had to mostly come off the bench with Forbes starting and Mills getting more run them him lol. Pop neutered him but he's got that aggressiveness and coincidence going. Got to get rid of Demar or LA for next season though to max his effectiveness. Murray like most say here needs to develop into a Danny role; just doesn't have the temperament and skill set to be a point although he could be a really good player in the right role.
    On a team like Orlando/Brooklyn/Washington/Phoenix where he could just run up and down the floor like a gazelle jacking up shots with no discipline or hope to win the game, he would look better. In a system as structured as the Spurs, with so much accountability and highlighting specific skills (rotations, communication, running set plays or specific motions, distribution, spacing, shooting percentage, limited PT, making the right passes on time), he sucks ass pretty much and bogs down the offense with poor timing (sadly).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, the Spurs extended Dejounte last fall, and the cap figure was coming in at $109M. The cap figure for next year will be $109M
    I don't get your point. Murray was signed back when the NBA realistically expected their cap to increase for the next few years. Now they're talking about the cap being artificially held UP at the same level and the subsequent years taking the hit, and that's not even considering that this Corona stuff isn't going away, or at least the effects of it on the psyche of sports fans isn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs payed Murray based on his potential ceiling. White is a more refined player and arguably at his ceiling now so i believe a similar deal is fair.

Thread Information