Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you do if a fan base attacked your mother?

What did Kawhi do about it? Are you saying he's not man enough to do anything? Man, that's cold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the media could write whatever they want in Kawhi's case.
    No they could write what they were given accurate info as to what came down. Now if they can't betray a confidence then that is understandable.
    If they are just too pussy to go against the sports media establishment club then that is sad. This is an industry where Steven A Smith is highly paid. Skip Bayless did a Kevin Durbetta type fake account propping his own weak takes up and hardly got called out for it and continues to earn millions. We could go on.

Site owner was able to obtain some info and to my memory put it at 50-50 as to Nephews causing the split vs the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the fat guy sitting at his computer.
    Why don’t you say that to my six pack tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted to go home...fine but the way he went about it is what everyone was pissed off at...

He should have followed the Anthony Davis model of requesting a trade will still being professional about the whole thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the Spurs because I'm objective and not towing the company bull that they tell us to make themselves look good? Kawhi CLEARLY moves like someone that doesn't care about attention...

He doesn't do interviews... Isn't on social media... Doesn't do on-court antics... We all knew that when he was a spur, but now we wanna pretend he wants to be a media darling like LeBron because he left us? Nah... The dude is about family and basketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they could write what they were given accurate info as to what came down. Now if they can't betray a confidence then that is understandable.
    If they are just too pussy to go against the sports media establishment club then that is sad. This is an industry where Steven A Smith is highly paid. Skip Bayless did a Kevin Durbetta type fake account propping his own weak takes up and hardly got called out for it and continues to earn millions. We could go on.

Site owner was able to obtain some info and to my memory put it at 50-50 as to Nephews causing the split vs the Spurs.
    It was a disaster, for sure, but the bottom line is that Nephew can't think for himself. Anyone can point to something that "hurt" them in any relationship and use that as a reason to get out. And getting out was certainly Kawhi's choice. I think he chose to hold grudges, was heavily influenced by the Uncle in his ear, and that's fine. But overall, he left behind a great organization and a fan base that was ready to crown him the next king. He won a le with Toronto and may do it with the Clippers, so good for him I suppose. San Antonio is just such a delicate market to try to be successful in, and so Kawhi's leaving really sank the ball club, which is the unfortunate consequence of everything.

The Spurs can't just reload like everyone wants them to, or like most major markets can.

Pop's never really given the star treatment to anyone, and I think that's what Kawhi's camp ultimately wanted. It's just too bad the Spurs were decimated as a result.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wanted to go home...fine but the way he went about it is what everyone was pissed off at...

He should have followed the Anthony Davis model of requesting a trade will still being professional about the whole thing.
    Or at the very least play out his contract like Durant did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While having contact with the Warriors during the previous season and having his become a Golden got pre arranged.
    Then choking up 3-1 in the playoffs vs those same gots.

Ya, more classy then Uncle Nephew. NOT!

Thread Information