Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say almost because I’m not sure if it is deliberate or if the Biden campaign is duplicating the Hillary campaign’s arrogance in just assuming progressives will show up and vote no matter what.

Regarding AOC, she’s not as fake store bought as Bernie (yet). If she bent the knee that much they’d give her a speaking gig and feed her bull lines about uniting the party. Bernie should say he’s not speaking unless AOC gets a slot, but god knows he’s too invested in the Biden cuck fest for that.

Still though, I probably shouldn’t be so surprised but giving Hillary a slot is unadulterated stupidity. It wouldn’t even occur to me as something to do.
    I don’t get this sellout stuff.

Bernie recognizes that Trump 2020 is the big danger, and right now supporting Biden is the most effective way to avoid that danger. Bernie has already done a lot to influence Biden’s platform

The last thing progressives should want is for the Bernie’s and AOCs to tell team Biden to off only to have Biden win anyway and prove that they have no incentive to placate progressives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last I saw the poll of polls the averages has him above the margin of error twice over.
    I mean Trump is going to have 200k dead americans going into November, can't stop putting foot in mouth, and Biden has, what, 7% lead nationally? Are you comfortable with that?

And you have to be careful with the margin of error on polls. They don't account for disenfranchised voters, for example.

The question is how is Joe not leading comfortably by double digits? At this point, Trump needs to have 1 good month somehow and he's right back in it after ing up for 6+ months.

And please, refrain from telling me that's the voters' fault. Old Joe has been in the freezer for 6 months, he still hasn't picked a VP that could be a voice for him out there, etc.

Like Wino said, we're 3 month before the election and I've yet to meet a Biden fan in the wild.

re Hillary in terms of who's worse or more "evil" as you put it, I'm sorry man but I cant see it. Agree to disagree.

There is no way she's more twisted than Trump. The guy got elected based on her being a terrible candidate as you said but also due in fact because people gave him the benefit of the doubt as the unknown candidate promising to blow up. He came through with the last bit for sure.
    This is the sliding scale I'm talking about. Let's pretend Shillary is indeed less evil than Trump and more competent. She's still an unlikeable , power hungry, and de able.

It would've been nice when she tried to run again after Obama wiped the floor with her, for somebody on the DNC to tell her that's a bad idea. Same thing with Biden.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don’t get this sellout stuff.

Bernie recognizes that Trump 2020 is the big danger, and right now supporting Biden is the most effective way to avoid that danger. Bernie has already done a lot to influence Biden’s platform

The last thing progressives should want is for the Bernie’s and AOCs to tell team Biden to off only to have Biden win anyway and prove that they have no incentive to placate progressives
    I agree they shouldn’t tell Biden to off, but Bernie/AOC should have certain demands that need to be met for them the partner with Biden. They should say not a ing chance they’re speaking at the convention if it’s gonna be a center right wing cuckfest with Kasich and Hillary as speakers.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Turning 78 in NOV with serious signs of cognitive decline...I think the DNC is twisting his arm to select Mic e Obama as VP. Put's the democratic base at ease.
    I’m not sure how this rumor hasn’t died yet. Mic e Obama said she has no interest in being VP. Chances are if she wanted to be VP it’d already be done.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    responding with non-sequiturs and milquetoast bull . Enjoy your morning bloody mary, you miserable drunk

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list.
    Slob gonna be the first person to ever have his participation prize revoked.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, the people have selected their candidate.
    You people selected Donald Trump twice.

Twice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Hillary speaking at the convention, because I don't see anything to gain from it.

Kasich I get, if only to take a few segments of conservative media away from "riot coverage."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people selected Donald Trump twice.

Twice!
    He will be elected twice to be president of USA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be elected twice to be president of USA
    A thing's popularity is not a sign of its virtue or intelligence.

Trump could win another election, then change the rules to stay President for life and pass the office down through his bloodline, and that might be supported by 40% of the country, but it doesn't make you and the rest of his cult any less re ed.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree they shouldn’t tell Biden to off, but Bernie/AOC should have certain demands that need to be met for them the partner with Biden. They should say not a ing chance they’re speaking at the convention if it’s gonna be a center right wing cuckfest with Kasich and Hillary as speakers.
    They're not real leaders. And AOC is spectacularly stupid at any rate.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump could win another election, then change the rules to stay President for life and pass the office down through his bloodline
    No Chumpette going call Sadbert out on this?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't love Hillary speaking at the convention, because I don't see anything to gain from it.

Kasich I get, if only to take a few segments of conservative media away from "riot coverage."
    Why is riots in quotes? Are you in denial about the riots?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sucks that conservatives and liberals are so comfortable being arm-in-arm right now. I understand it though. It did seem like before the Tea Party there was a "conservative you know" level of politician that I just got used to living in Texas my whole life. But at the same time, the country is as ed up as it is precisely because guys like Biden and McCain have ALWAYS been like this. Like the real systemic issues in the country like the wealth gap, culture of violence, fetishizing of the military, genocidal interventionist foreign policy, etc. aren't the fault of one side or the other. Both sides shook on it, and they've been doing so for a long time. So Kasich speaking at the DNC or MSNBC loving the Lincoln Foundation is like players from different NBA teams working out together in the off-season. It's not really a sign of a change as much as an acknowledgment that they've been playing a game the whole time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ing Christ, they're having Hillary speak!?!?! I guess that's not much of a surprise given her influence over the party, but her public speaking skills are ing dreadful. One of the reasons people hate her so much.

EDIT: Reading that whole article, what they're doing is insulting to progressives. It's almost a deliberate effort to give them the finger.
    Both AOC and Bernie are speaking.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...p-decision.amp

Whats funny is that a lot of the usual gang is listed but Hillary is not. Still they only list names for the first 2 nights so Hillary might yet sneak in.

Im fine with this list as long as you balance it with progressive people.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Whats funny is that a lot of the usual gang is listed but Hillary is not. Still they only list names for the first 2 nights so Hillary might yet sneak in.

Imo it’s a decent lineup overall. I predictably think Sherrod Brown should be a speaker, a convention with both him and Kasich speaking would give some swing voters in Ohio a hard on.

The black politicians screeching about how “he better pick a black lady as his VP!” like the one mentioned in the article need to shut the up. He didn’t pledge to pick a black woman during the primary, he pledged to pick a woman. If they wanted a candidate to pick a black woman as the VP, they should have ed about it during the primary, not with less than 90 days before the election. The endorsements Biden got from key black figures didn’t come with any covenants or conditions, they don’t get to impose them now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The black politicians screeching about how “he better pick a black lady as his VP!” like the one mentioned in the article need to shut the up. He didn’t pledge to pick a black woman during the primary, he pledged to pick a woman. If they wanted a candidate to pick a black woman as the VP, they should have ed about it during the primary, not with less than 90 days before the election. The endorsements Biden got from key black figures didn’t come with any covenants or conditions, they don’t get to impose them now.
    100% agree.

What I find most ironic is that they'd be proving Biden's comments right when he slipped and said latinos are more diversed. Threatening not to vote if he doesn't pick someone black, it proofs they're what they say they aren't, a monolith.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    100% agree.

What I find most ironic is that they'd be proving Biden's comments right when he slipped and said latinos are more diversed. Threatening not to vote if he doesn't pick someone black, it proofs they're what they say they aren't, a monolith.
    Like it or not the country is still majority white, and white people vote more reliably than black people do. If they want their voice to be heard, they should vote more. Black voter participation fell 7% from 2012 to 2016 even though Hillary was the primary candidate blacks voted for and effectively ran as a 3rd Obama term.

It would be a much more productive exercise for black politicians to spend less time creating VP selection drama and more time telling their cons uents to vote even if there aren’t any black people on the ticket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well Hillary won’t be a keynote speaker at least so she’s not likely to get relevant air time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fake Progressive Reck worried.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well Hillary won’t be a keynote speaker at least so she’s not likely to get relevant air time.
    Such a weak lineup.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/11/polit...ers/index.html

Looks like she’s getting a non keynote spot on Wednesday, and they’re not even giving her the spot right before the VP speech, it’s going to Warren

Would have preferred she not speak at all, but glad they’re giving her a non important spot.

I don’t get why they still give air time to John Kerry. Who is he supposed to appeal to? He’s the one Democrat in the last 30 years who couldn’t even win the popular vote. There are so many better names out there.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Such a weak lineup.
    Well , was really hoping you were going to say it was a strong lineup. Would have never guessed the alt right wasn’t going to like the speaker list at the Democratic Convention.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , was really hoping you were going to say it was a strong lineup. Would have never guessed the alt right wasn’t going to like the speaker list at the Democratic Convention.
    Two wives to go along with Barry and the zombie.
    Search your heart, bro. You know I'm right.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Face it, we'll never top Scott Baio.

Thread Information