Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-at-dnc-392533

what a ing attention whoring opportunist Kasich is and what a joke the Democratic Party is, this has shades of 2008 Joe Lieberman.

Kasich only became a never Trumper after he stayed in the 2016 Republican primary way after he had no shot to screw over Cruz/Rubio only for Trump to never return the favor. Now that he hasn't held office since the 2018 election and has no political relevance, he's going for one more "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE!" stunt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What he is not black though just a white old dude

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What he is not black though just a white old dude
    He's a Republican. He shouldn't be speaking at the Democratic convention, this has nothing to do with race.

Your birth certificate is probably an apology letter from the condom factory.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone---Or I should say the majority of people will even watch these remote conventions.

The main draw is the crowd and the delegates in person. No one wants to watch pre-recorded .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kasich

the idiot dems

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I dont think anyone---Or I should say the majority of people will even watch these remote conventions.

The main draw is the crowd and the delegates in person. No one wants to watch pre-recorded .
    They probably won't have the same effect since it's largely the crowd/energy/etc. the creates the post-convention polling bump, but don't forget how bored people are right now. I think plenty will watch.

This has a lot more downside than upside....Kasich is at this point a leper in his own party and isn't going to swing a bunch of votes. Meanwhile the BernieBros on twitter are already throwing a fit about this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will biden speak?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They probably won't have the same effect since it's largely the crowd/energy/etc. the creates the post-convention polling bump, but don't forget how bored people are right now. I think plenty will watch.

This has a lot more downside than upside....Kasich is at this point a leper in his own party and isn't going to swing a bunch of votes. Meanwhile the BernieBros on twitter are already throwing a fit about this.
    Just wait until they see this.

But I will say this makes a bit more sense since she's from Florida and that's a state that should definitely be targeted. I'm just not sure she's a difference maker. She's basically a nobody as far as I'm concern.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Just wait until they see this.

But I will say this makes a bit more sense since she's from Florida and that's a state that should definitely be targeted. I'm just not sure she's a difference maker. She's basically a nobody as far as I'm concern.
    Yeah that's different, it's targeted towards a niche demographic in a swing state. Kasich is politically irrelevant, it looks like they just asked him for the purpose of having a Republican.

Hopefully they manage the content of his speech. If they let him start pitching tax cuts the BernieBros will lose it

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-at-dnc-392533

what a ing attention whoring opportunist Kasich is and what a joke the Democratic Party is, this has shades of 2008 Joe Lieberman.

Kasich only became a never Trumper after he stayed in the 2016 Republican primary way after he had no shot to screw over Cruz/Rubio only for Trump to never return the favor. Now that he hasn't held office since the 2018 election and has no political relevance, he's going for one more "LOOK AT ME EVERYONE!" stunt.
    Uday tried to recruit Kasich to be VP and be in control of domestic and foreign policy per the NY Times.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't want to watch three days of Orange Man bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Kasich, but these are the unforced errors the DNC makes which remove enthusiasm to go out there to vote for this guy... smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of smart move that makes me consider crossing over for Biden

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you do. You love all the RINOs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you do. You love all the RINOs.
    I love centrists, sure. Why would I care Republicans think he's not one of their own?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the kind of smart move that makes me consider crossing over for Biden
    You make a habit of following the lead of butthurt has beens?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Jesus ing Christ, they're having Hillary speak!?!?! I guess that's not much of a surprise given her influence over the party, but her public speaking skills are ing dreadful. One of the reasons people hate her so much.

EDIT: Reading that whole article, what they're doing is insulting to progressives. It's almost a deliberate effort to give them the finger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still a free country, so John Kaisch can do what he wants.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Still a free country, so John Kaisch can do what he wants.
    What a pointless strawman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a pointless strawman.
    Ok then. Carry on

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arlen Specter 2.0

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading that whole article, what they're doing is insulting to progressives. It's almost a deliberate effort to give them the finger.
    Almost?

For what it's worth, AOC bent the knee. She's a inorganic store bought progressive anyways.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ing Christ, they're having Hillary speak!?!?! I guess that's not much of a surprise given her influence over the party, but her public speaking skills are ing dreadful. One of the reasons people hate her so much.
    The last presidential nominee is a headliner. I don't know why that should surprise you.

And her public speaking is pretty low on the list of why people hate her.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Almost?

For what it's worth, AOC bent the knee. She's a fake store bought progressive anyways.
    I say almost because I’m not sure if it is deliberate or if the Biden campaign is duplicating the Hillary campaign’s arrogance in just assuming progressives will show up and vote no matter what.

Regarding AOC, she’s not as fake store bought as Bernie (yet). If she bent the knee that much they’d give her a speaking gig and feed her bull lines about uniting the party. Bernie should say he’s not speaking unless AOC gets a slot, but god knows he’s too invested in the Biden cuck fest for that.

Still though, I probably shouldn’t be so surprised but giving Hillary a slot is unadulterated stupidity. It wouldn’t even occur to me as something to do.

Thread Information