Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ing Christ, they're having Hillary speak!?!?! I guess that's not much of a surprise given her influence over the party, but her public speaking skills are ing dreadful. One of the reasons people hate her so much.

EDIT: Reading that whole article, what they're doing is insulting to progressives. It's almost a deliberate effort to give them the finger.
    Why would they have such an unlikeable, loser like Shillary speaking? oh wait, Reck still with her... smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you, Drunk Captain Obvious!
    Hi

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The last presidential nominee is a headliner. I don't know why that should surprise you.

And her public speaking is pretty low on the list of why people hate her.
    Mike Dukakis didn’t speak at the 1992 convention iirc, and t Romney didn’t speak in 2016. Id say both of those situations worked out fine. This convention is also virtual and its being cut for time, it’s not like a normal convention where anyone with a notable party role speaks.

Her public speaking isn’t why conservatives such as yourself dislike her, but it is a big reason why swing voters who pay very little attention to politics don’t like her. She doesn’t have a very warm personality the way her husband does - when she speaks it’s like nails on a chalkboard. Who exactly are they trying to appeal to with her? Anyone who actually wants to hear Shillary talk is already voting for Biden.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they have such an unlikeable, loser like Shillary speaking? oh wait, Reck still with her... smh
    We should all be with her. Look what we have now. Enjoy your 200 thounsad dead.

2020 and I still dont get the hard on you people have for this woman.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Id much rather her be handling COVID than Trump, all I was reacting to was her being a speaker. I was largely surprised and reacted so sharply because her speaking didn’t even occur to me as a possibility.

She can’t help herself in expressing her butthurtedness over 2016 every time she’s given a platform. There’s a greater than 0% chance she uses her convention speech as a time to cry one more time about how it was everyone else’s fault but hers for losing.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 08-08-2020 at 09:29 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should all be with her. Look what we have now.
    She's the reason we have Trump. Don't try to twist it around.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Id much rather her be handling COVID than Trump, all I was reacting to was her being a speaker. I was largely surprised and reacted so sharply because her speaking didn’t even occur to me as a possibility.

She can’t help herself in expressing her butthurtedness over 2016 every time she’s given a platform. There’s a greater than 0% chance she uses her convention speech as a time to cry one more time about how it was everyone else’s fault but hers for losing.
    I have zero problems with what you said. It's well deserved.

I was speaking more to El. He always seems to think I'm her biggest fan or something.

Since 2016 you can count the times I have brought up her name in a sentence with one hand. She just doesn't figure in my daily routine.

But a lot of posters here do think about the woman a of a lot. But if it was Hillary against Trump I would vote for her every time. Duh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We didn't run her for POTUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have zero problems with what you said. It's well deserved.

I was speaking more to El. He always seems to think I'm her biggest fan or something.
    You should definitely like or dislike whoever you want, tbh... it's the false dichotomy of the lesser of two evils.

You might want to rate one more evil than the other, that doesn't make the other any less ty and evil though.

So the notion we should've supported Shillary because we would get Trump is a fallacy. We largely got Trump because Shillary was the other candidate.

IMVHO, you should be similarly upset (or if not upset, really pointing out there's something really wrong with the DNC that props candidates like him) with people that voted milquetoast Biden in the primaries.

This is turned out to be probably the easiest, close to slam dunk presidential election in decades, and somehow Biden is well within margins to it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ]Id much rather her be handling COVID than Trump, all I was reacting to was her being a speaker. I was largely surprised and reacted so sharply because her speaking didn’t even occur to me as a possibility.

Seriously? I'd take Biden and whatever running mate, vs this pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, I respect the honesty of admitting you care more about politics than the disease.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You should definitely like or dislike whoever you want, tbh... it's the false dichotomy of the lesser of two evils.

You might want to rate one more evil than the other, that doesn't make the other any less ty and evil though.

So the notion we should've supported Shillary because we would get Trump is a fallacy. We largely got Trump because Shillary was the other candidate.

IMVHO, you should be similarly upset (or if not upset, really pointing out there's something really wrong with the DNC that props candidates like him) with people that voted milquetoast Biden in the primaries.

This is turned out to be probably the easiest, close to slam dunk presidential election in decades, and somehow Biden is well within margins to it up.
    Yeah the idea that Biden being up 8 points somehow makes him a great candidate is bull , that polling bump comes from 6 months of Trump running around in his adult diaper ting all over the place while Biden’s done nothing. If we actually had a candidate who gave people a reason to vote (and no, I don’t mean Bernie, I mean one of the plethora of candidates like Booker, Beto or even Yang) Trump would be down by 12+%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and somehow Biden is well within margins to it up.
    Last I saw the poll of polls the averages has him above the margin of error twice over.

re Hillary in terms of who's worse or more "evil" as you put it, I'm sorry man but I cant see it. Agree to disagree.

There is no way she's more twisted than Trump. The guy got elected based on her being a terrible candidate as you said but also due in fact because people gave him the benefit of the doubt as the unknown candidate promising to blow up. He came through with the last bit for sure.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Seriously? I'd take Biden and whatever running mate, vs this pandemic.
    Huh? What I said had nothing to do with politics. I know it might shock you but I genuinely think Trump has massively ed this up and pretty much any other potential candidate, including Hillary, would have done a much better job containing COVID.

I remember thinking Bill Maher was ridiculous for saying that a Trump presidency would have Libs begging to get GWB back but he was right. I’d be ing thrilled with GWB instead of Trump handling this crisis.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Dukakis didn’t speak at the 1992 convention iirc, and t Romney didn’t speak in 2016. Id say both of those situations worked out fine. This convention is also virtual and its being cut for time, it’s not like a normal convention where anyone with a notable party role speaks.

Her public speaking isn’t why conservatives such as yourself dislike her, but it is a big reason why swing voters who pay very little attention to politics don’t like her. She doesn’t have a very warm personality the way her husband does - when she speaks it’s like nails on a chalkboard. Who exactly are they trying to appeal to with her? Anyone who actually wants to hear Shillary talk is already voting for Biden.
    Mike Dukakis was a train wreck. I'm guessing it was a personal choice to stay away though. Hillary would never have made that choice.
    And Mitt stayed away for the same reason Dubya did. He's a RINO with TDS.

Sure some of Dems are outright repelled by her shrill voice. But a greater many still hero worship her, tbh. Look no further than Wreck as well as Cherp and Blerp.
    I'd say Hillary could make a difference for Biden in theory; but I imagine her going the Chris Christie route and spending her time talking about herself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say almost because I’m not sure if it is deliberate or if the Biden campaign is duplicating the Hillary campaign’s arrogance in just assuming progressives will show up and vote no matter what.

Regarding AOC, she’s not as fake store bought as Bernie (yet). If she bent the knee that much they’d give her a speaking gig and feed her bull lines about uniting the party. Bernie should say he’s not speaking unless AOC gets a slot, but god knows he’s too invested in the Biden cuck fest for that.

Still though, I probably shouldn’t be so surprised but giving Hillary a slot is unadulterated stupidity. It wouldn’t even occur to me as something to do.
    AOC bent the knee to Pelosi. Don't kids yourself. Yea, Bernie cucks it up. Biden wants as many of his voters as he can get. AOC doesn't have a following that Biden needs to cypher. She's just a trope for the media.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make a habit of following the lead of butthurt has beens?
    All I can tell you is if Biden picks Kasich as his VP I will crossover and vote for him

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can tell you is if Biden picks Kasich as his VP I will crossover and vote for him
    He ain't gonna be the VP nominee. He's just speaking at the convention.

But at voting for the under card either way.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Biden is well within margins to it up.
    And his gaffes are just getting started as they will eventually have to pull him out of his basement.

He may be an even worse candidate than Hillary. At least Hillary was pretty quick on her feet in debate.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have you guys been watching Trump this past week?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And his gaffes are just getting started as they will eventually have to pull him out of his basement.

He may be an even worse candidate than Hillary. At least Hillary was pretty quick on her feet in debate.

Biden is the oldest candidate ever. Older than Reagan as he left office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, the people have selected their candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you even read what he said?

Guys, Darrin might be drunk right now.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Turning 78 in NOV with serious signs of cognitive decline...I think the DNC is twisting his arm to select Mic e Obama as VP. Put's the democratic base at ease.

Biden is the oldest candidate ever. Older than Reagan as he left office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't run her for POTUS.
    Who is we

Thread Information