Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes will be packaged in a trade to move up the draft. He is the sacrificial lamb

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has pop seen the light or is forbes just not healthy enough to play?
    If Bryn was actually healthy, he'd be playing 30+ mpg. Pop has seen enough of Forbes to not risk the guy getting hurt even further and jeopardizing the bag that Pop has waiting for him after this season ends

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Pop is sitting Forbes to hide him so they can resign him for a "cheap" 4 years/64 million

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray doesn't really have a good defensive IQ, which is why he's not a good man defender despite his physical attributes. He's a "see ball, get ball" kind of player. That's the main difference between him and Leonard. Kawhi knew when he could get a ball and when he couldn't, and he very rarely whiffed on steals. Murray just keeps trying to get a steal until if works or doesn't. He's gotten better about getting called for fouls that way, but the lack of fundamentals is extremely apparent when looking at someone like White defend or even looking at how Walker's progress is on that end.

Johnson's a happy medium where he's more aggressive than White but is disciplined enough to not give up leverage as often as Murray does. Still, he's missed rotations too. Weatherspoon is probably closer to the Murray camp in that he has to gamble for his defense to really work. Quinn can't afford to guard real NBA players straight up for long because of his lack of agility.
    Well put, as usual.

It's sad because Murray has all the physical gifts to be a great player, but he doesn't have the basketball IQ. He plays like he is always in a rush on both sides. On offense, he has a tendency to overdrive, dribbles the ball like its a hot potato, and is more focused on his game than the team game. As you said, on defense he gambles and drifts out of position...which gets him a lot of steals, but is also responsible for breaking down the defense when other players have to cover for him.

I know he is young and still has time to figure it out. He seems like a good kid and his heart is in the right place, but I don't think being part of Klutch and spending time with LeBron is helping him develop. He is not a LeBron...he needs to learn to play more cerebrally if he is ever going to leave a serious mark on the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelicans are a 3.5 point favorite -- sounds about right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well put, as usual.

It's sad because Murray has all the physical gifts to be a great player, but he doesn't have the basketball IQ. He plays like he is always in a rush on both sides. On offense, he has a tendency to overdrive, dribbles the ball like its a hot potato, and is more focused on his game than the team game. As you said, on defense he gambles and drifts out of position...which gets him a lot of steals, but is also responsible for breaking down the defense when other players have to cover for him.

I know he is young and still has time to figure it out. He seems like a good kid and his heart is in the right place, but I don't think being part of Klutch and spending time with LeBron is helping him develop. He is not a LeBron...he needs to learn to play more cerebrally if he is ever going to leave a serious mark on the NBA.
    I don't think it was Lebron as much as it was Ben Simmons that led to DJM coming in with star expectations. Not saying that's not something Murray already thought about himself. But folks who remember that summer he was drafted, he and Simmons were sort of hyped as the new young bucks of the agency. In reality, they weren't close to equal in terms of draft status or potential. But the idea then was that both were raw and signed to a star agency, and since the Spurs had turned Leonard into a star, of course they were going to do so with "steal of the draft" Murray.

Simmons is a max player and superstar, but he still lacks enough personal skill, has been injured enough, and has had little enough team success to where he's not quite out of sight for Murray yet. DeJounte played well in his first playoff after all and was screwed over his second year with Leonard sitting out. That third year he looked like he had a superstar game (because people ignored his lack of fundamentals on both ends), but he got injured. Now he flashes (because not having fundamentals makes the rest of his game unsustainable), but he's coming back from injury. And Simmons might end up being traded if Philly disappoints again. Maybe with another year, Murray might be a star, the Spurs might be a contender behind him, and he and Simmons will be in the same conversation again...

Like that's not going to happen. Simmons, as flawed as he is, is still way better than Murray can hope to be. I think Ben will need to be on another team that makes him play PF before he can see more success (and even then, his own injury issues aren't gone yet). But his size, athleticism and his non-shooting skills just put him on at least another level. But it wouldn't surprise me if Murray and some of the folks around him still see him as someone would might end up being the best player in that class if just dominates the game a bit more and has more highlights. He's already the young leader of a consistent contender, right (ignoring that the Spurs haven't been a contender since before Murray was a rotation player)?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i just saw this on instagram, in case anyone wants some extra hype before the game:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has seen enough of Forbes to not risk the guy getting hurt even further and jeopardizing the bag that Pop has waiting for him after this season ends
    Pop is sitting Forbes to hide him so they can resign him for a "cheap" 4 years/64 million
    This has definitely crossed my mind. Smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will Guillory @WillGuillory
    6m
    Alvin Gentry says his team needs to approach today's game against the Spurs like it's Game 7 of a playoff series
    It will be interesting to see if this group of Spurs responds. Will Keldon Johnson step up to meet that sort of challenge and intensity? Will Derrick White continue to be play consistently well or is this the game he disappears? We know Murray is incapable and Aldridge isn't going to be out there slogging it and quitting. A few months ago I'd say we definitely lose. I still think we lose today but I'm not as confident as before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping for a big game from IV tbh. Need him to show out today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors losing to Memphis in the 2nd quarter... they’ve looked awful for 6 quarters in a row now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors losing to Memphis in the 2nd quarter... they’ve looked awful for 6 quarters in a row now.
    Just checked and Raps are up 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any stream links? I dont have a tv antenna

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any links to the real game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    supernova White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is Spurs strategy for game today.

From beginning of this video

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's just filling up on assists to White threes this restart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Decent start, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any links to the real game?
    Think baseline had one above.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    omfg, zion is bigger than he was before the bubble, it aint looks good tbh

btw
    white on fire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is Spurs strategy for game today.

From beginning of this video

Wut? Is that Negro stuff all about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White making his future self richer & richer every minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wut? Is that Negro stuff all about?
    Was wondering the same thing.

Thread Information