Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, no. You and foldren are laser foucused on death, ignoring all other variables.
    You mean variables like the political leanings of the state governments? Obviously, because NY had exponentially more deaths than many other states who seem to get more attention around here than did NY. Cuomo dithered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Viz.,undertesting, little to no contact tracing, permanent organ damage and disability, clotting, strokes, lingering neurological and psychological effects, economic demand shock from non-medical intervention, mass unemployment, mass evictions, mass homelessness, economic depression, hunger and mass death.

Social disruption, insitutional disintegration, incipient civil war, etc.

In other words, the best of all possible worlds. There is no alternative.
    End of the world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    End of the world
    Nope. You stiill don't get it.

Short of total annihilation, there is no rational limit to things getting worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. You stiill don't get it.

Short of total annihilation, there is no rational limit to things getting worse.
    For you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean variables like the political leanings of the state governments? Obviously, because NY had exponentially more deaths than many other states who seem to get more attention around here than did NY. Cuomo dithered.
    He did. Who denied it?

i certainly didn't.

Of the five worst outbreaks in the US right now, how many are not California and who's in charge there?

You do know that time is linear, right?

We're not done with this pandemic nor it with us, not by a long shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you say things cannot get any worse for you I cannot gainsay that.

Is that all that matters to you?

if so, what are you doing here?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as deadly as other viruses for the healthy people. But it spreads fast, until it finds people with weaknesses.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Lol “healthy” Americans. Yay! Nothing to worry about... except...

Over 120 million Americans have cardiovascular disease.

Nearly 35 million Americans have diabetes. Triple that number when you include pre-diabetes.

If the argument is that covid-19 doesn’t kill “healthy” people, America’s overwhelmingly fat, diabetic, weak heart stricken population is ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nearly 35 million Americans have diabetes. Triple that number when you include pre-diabetes.

If the argument is that covid-19 doesn’t kill “healthy” people, America’s overwhelmingly fat, diabetic, weak heart stricken population is ed.
    If you are old or have an underlying health condition, you deserve to get COVID-19 and die.

Also, your death shouldn't count, because it's your fault you died.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is the problem. And why you should take really good care.
    Not only for you, but for the people around you.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Over 100 million Americans have high blood pressure, and even more have high cholesterol too. If we only counted deaths of healthy Americans then annual deaths caused by heart disease, cancer and beetus would also be a fraction of what they currently are

This is also why Sweden’s herd immunity policy would have been a disaster here. Sweden has one of the healthiest, physically active populations in the world, and in order to get to herd immunity (assuming it actually has gotten there) it still had more deaths per capita than we currently do. Even ignoring how hard urban population centers would have been hit if we went the herd immunity route, Trumpland would have gotten smacked. The 50,000 person town in West Virginia where everyone is morbidly obese and buys their groceries at Walmart wouldn’t have been able to handle Sweden’s policy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's CDC is lying. Anyone is a fool to believe anything from Trash's compromised CDC

National cases and deaths also being undercounted by Trash's outside company now receiving, probably erroneously, case and death counts from the confused states, from confused hospitals, etc.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly, those are the people at risk. Those "pre-diabetics" are typically full blown diabetics and are uncontrolled which poses a much bigger risk.

BUT, those people have already been at risk for many other diseases and complications before Covid and always will be. It isn't anything new. Most Type II uncontrolled diabetics (in general) are non compliant and do not take care of themselves in general AND are overweight with other resulting systemic issues.

All the other complications are likely more associated with the patients overall conditions rather than covid.

HTN is likely not much of a risk factor on its own, but something that out of shape older diabetics have and so it gets lumped in there (IMHO)

Certainly you want to help everyone and keep everyone safe, but they have to want to help themselves also. People in their 60's or older a lot of times don't care to change their habits and are ready to accept the end. That may seem crazy to some, but when people get to that stage in life, staying alive and still having quality of life takes a lot of effort and drive.

Type II diabetes is not a disease you can fix with medicine, you have to change your life style. You have to change habits. These same people will be at risk when they need knee replacements, stents, by pass surgery, etc.. They will be at risk for MRSA, pneumonia, and other infections. They simply don't heal well in the extremities or areas of fine vasculature (lungs).

Saving these people is way more about education and will power than Covid.

It bothers me how people all of the sudden care about these people because it supports their political views.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I’m not one who politicizes covid-19. I have and will criticize either side of the aisle when applicable and appropriate.

My point on this specific issue is that you cannot dismiss the dangerous nature of covid-19 by suggesting how less harmful it is to healthy people when we live in a country that is overwhelmingly filled with unhealthy people. That’s faulty logic. If it’s dangerous to the vulnerable, and a significant percentage of your population is vulnerable, then it’s a major problem. It’s not NOT a big deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not one who politicizes covid-19. I have and will criticize either side of the aisle when applicable and appropriate.

My point on this specific issue is that you cannot dismiss the dangerous nature of covid-19 by suggesting how less harmful it is to healthy people when we live in a country that is overwhelmingly filled with unhealthy people. That’s faulty logic. If it’s dangerous to the vulnerable, and a significant percentage of your population is vulnerable, then it’s a major problem. It’s not NOT a big deal.

Right, but so are many other diseases. This isn't new. That vulnerable population always has been and always will be vulnerable to flu, URV's, pneumonia, MRSA, etc..

I don't mean to sound like I am dismissing it. It just isn't anything new to me. I have seen a lot of diabetics suffer through all kinds of issues and I have seen many that simply won't accept it. These people have been dealing with issues like this for decades, but certainly that population is growing. Baby boomers are getting into their 70's and the generations raised on fast food are right behind them. Take away Covid, and we still have a big problem with diabetes. Diseases that healthy people can manage will always be a threat to diabetics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    To be fair, I think that might be the case even without the US being the epicenter. Once China let this thing spread to Italy and France, it was going to be really hard to eradicate without a vaccine or treatment.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Right, but so are many other diseases. This isn't new. That vulnerable population always has been and always will be vulnerable to flu, URV's, pneumonia, MRSA, etc..
    Which would be a fair point, but other diseases have effective and/or proven vaccines, antibiotics, or some other type of known therapeutic or medicinal treatment. That’s what makes covid-19 especially dangerous right now. It’s what would make any new disease, any new URV particularly dangerous. New means a lot of unknowns. We don’t have a vaccine yet. And how effective any medication might be is still debatable. The less we know about a new disease, the more careful we should be, the more serious we should take it.

People who are unhealthy, have other diseases or conditions that make them more vulnerable to any number of other diseases does not mean we simply give up on them and acquiesce to them getting severely sick or dying. Sure, people should try to live healthier. Go ahead and educate the unhealthy. Education is the slow play, the big picture issue. Covid-19 is the now problem. It’s the 160,000+ dead in our country now problem.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, those are the people at risk. Those "pre-diabetics" are typically full blown diabetics and are uncontrolled which poses a much bigger risk.

BUT, those people have already been at risk for many other diseases and complications before Covid and always will be. It isn't anything new. Most Type II uncontrolled diabetics (in general) are non compliant and do not take care of themselves in general AND are overweight with other resulting systemic issues.

All the other complications are likely more associated with the patients overall conditions rather than covid.

HTN is likely not much of a risk factor on its own, but something that out of shape older diabetics have and so it gets lumped in there (IMHO)

Certainly you want to help everyone and keep everyone safe, but they have to want to help themselves also. People in their 60's or older a lot of times don't care to change their habits and are ready to accept the end. That may seem crazy to some, but when people get to that stage in life, staying alive and still having quality of life takes a lot of effort and drive.

Type II diabetes is not a disease you can fix with medicine, you have to change your life style. You have to change habits. These same people will be at risk when they need knee replacements, stents, by pass surgery, etc.. They will be at risk for MRSA, pneumonia, and other infections. They simply don't heal well in the extremities or areas of fine vasculature (lungs).

Saving these people is way more about education and will power than Covid.

It bothers me how people all of the sudden don't give a about these people because it supports their political views.
    fify

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC still stuck in April.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did. Who denied it?

i certainly didn't.

Of the five worst outbreaks in the US right now, how many are not California and who's in charge there?

You do know that time is linear, right?

We're not done with this pandemic nor it with us, not by a long shot.
    Who denied it? It's not about denying it, the fact you pass over it and only address it when accused of ignoring it shows your bias. It's blatantly obvious when a state has 40,000 plus deaths is being ignored until prompted by other people, yet a state with a fraction of those deaths is being amplified based on political leadership. Biased people don't have honest discussions. I don't believe too many people here are interested in discussing it from a scientific standpoint. Just take your blue flag and wave it and stop pretending to be discussing an objective standpoint.Orange man bad.. just say that and save yourself time.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who denied it? It's not about denying it, the fact you pass over it and only address it when accused of ignoring it shows your bias. It's blatantly obvious when a state has 40,000 plus deaths is being ignored until prompted by other people, yet a state with a fraction of those deaths is being amplified based on political leadership. Biased people don't have honest discussions. I don't believe too many people here are interested in discussing it from a scientific standpoint. Just take your blue flag and wave it and stop pretending to be discussing an objective standpoint.Orange man bad.. just say that and save yourself time.
    You think Orange Man good?

Honestly?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biased people don't have honest discussions.
    we've noticed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ifr less than flu

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show your math or fldren.

Thread Information