Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I want Spurs to get a draft pick. I don't want to become that side that just makes the playoffs. Time for a rebuild. Trade Derozan for picks and lets build through draft like we did before. We have proven we can draft well, ao lets see what we can do in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the benefit of being an 8th seed. We will just lose and hurt our chances in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs need to do everything to get the 8th seed. Why? It's their chance at history of breaking the all-time play qualifying streak. Do it. Get in the record books on a record that will be hard to ever break, and then go in the tank next year.

Also, if the Spurs ever get in the rut of various seasons without making the playoffs, it won't be long after the team is sent to another city.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the benefit of being an 8th seed. We will just lose and hurt our chances in the draft.
    They make the playoffs. That's an obvious benefit. There's no upside to being bad this year or most years. When there's a LeBron or Duncan, sure. Outside of that, one draft is the same ad the next and there's no need to tank sooner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs need to do everything to get the 8th seed. Why? It's their chance at history of breaking the all-time play qualifying streak. Do it. Get in the record books on a record that will be hard to ever break, and then go in the tank next year.

Also, if the Spurs ever get in the rut of various seasons without making the playoffs, it won't be long after the team is sent to another city.
    I think if we draft well, we won't be in the rut for very long. Records are nice, but I see it as just another year wasted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They make the playoffs. That's an obvious benefit. There's no upside to being bad this year or most years. When there's a LeBron or Duncan, sure. Outside of that, one draft is the same ad the next and there's no need to tank sooner.
    We don't necessarily need a generational player. We just need an athletic young big man and a better shooting guard.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'd prefer to win but still not make the POs.

idc about the play in or getting swept by the lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too late OP.
    That could have been done during the reg season, or at the very latest the start of the Bubble.

At this point try to win. We are a DJ brain fart away from being in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't necessarily need a generational player. We just need an athletic young big man and a better shooting guard.
    First, of course they do. Second, that's all the more reason to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'd prefer to win but still not make the POs.

idc about the play in or getting swept by the lakers.
    With Davis playing like ass, I'm not sure the Lakers are going to sweep anyone. Plus, LeBron may come down with COVID or something and have to miss the series. This year more than usual, anything can happen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i've believed the pick is more important for a very long time.

but now i'm thinking potential PO experience could be invaluable for the young guys. i'm more okay with spurs making the POs if there's still no forbes, less beli.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make playoffs and trade up in draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We already have a record that won't ever be broken which is the Spurs 50 win streak that lasted 18 straight years. That's the one I cared about it especially when the Spurs broke the Lakers 50 win record in 2012 that was icing on top of the cake for me. Also You can't predict if the team will move. I live in Charlotte and the Hornets have been crap for years but they are not going to move even with attendance being bad.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs aren't winning the lottery, and i'm sure there is no make or break player they'll miss out on by drafting a few spots later. We are playing for the all-time playoff record, that is our championship this year tbh. it seems meaningless but that is a spot in the record book that will only belong to SA, most likely ever. Spurs fans should take pride in that imho. losing mentality is soft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to get a draft pick, and the difference between 10-12 isn't that big.

We aren't getting a Tim Duncan either way, so it's not worth tanking for that this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A first round of playoffs for our youth is invaluable learning. I take it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way it makes a difference is if the suns get in then we will be the 10th pick at worst

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs should have tanked earlier to have a real chance for at least top5 pick. Imo they should have tanked in a season right after kawhis trade but thats the past. Now its really hard to say whats more valueable: 1rnd exit and a 14-15th pick or no PO and 10-11th pick. Nevertheless im still for tradin ddr/murray/gay for a picks or movin up in a draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm full speed ahead on rooting for the Spurs to make the playoffs. However, I would not be devastated if they dont and get a better draft position.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take beli out damnit

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could've been a 5 seed with a real coach.

Even the tanking got f'd up though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know about the rest of you, but having games to look forward to has been really nice. I’ll take as many more as possible because I’m back to COVID Groundhog Day after the bubble bursts for the Spurs. I’d gladly sacrifice the draft position just to stave off the inevitable boredom...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mediocre people say mediocre things about remaining mediocre.

"What are you talking about? If we squeak into the playoffs with a terrible losing record, it will prove that I'm still the best. Anyone who says different is just ignorant."

Thread Information