Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

One thing I failed to mention was that Belinelli got minutes over Keldon and notably Weatherspoon today and that hurt. But outside of that it was a huge win for us. We stopped competing in the 3rd quarter after Derrick got hurt, but the vets really stepped their game up (DDR and Gay.)

I really think White has some Manu in him, but he hasn't been that spark off the bench that Ginobili always was. Seems like White has to start to be at his best. What do ya'll think?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player who scores 38 points in a playoff game against the 2 seed should start. Point blank. Besides that him and Aldridge have really great chemistry, which is why I was advocating for him to be the starting PG before the season started. Aldridge/White are a very good tandem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player who scores 38 points in a playoff game against the 2 seed should start. Point blank. Besides that him and Aldridge have really great chemistry, which is why I was advocating for him to be the starting PG before the season started. Aldridge/White are a very good tandem
    yeah I kind of failed to mention that I get why pop tried to bring him off the bench as a Ginobili-like spark but it didn’t work, he needs to be starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with starting and everything to do with usage. Wombat and Rudy were the main usage guys off the bench. Belli had a green light to throw up anything he wanted. If you treat White like a measly role player, he will play like one.

Give him minutes and empower him by putting the ball in his hands often and he will shine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with starting and everything to do with usage. Wombat and Rudy were the main usage guys off the bench. Belli had a green light to throw up anything he wanted. If you treat White like a measly role player, he will play like one.

Give him minutes and empower him by putting the ball in his hands often and he will shine.
    this, but also want to mention that he’s finally being played with Murray and Walker and they’re playing defense

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is absolutely painful to watch without Derrick. If he's out, I don't even want the spurs to make the playoffs (they won't without him anyway). The thought of Bellynelly and Detrash leading this team anywhere is hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team is absolutely painful to watch without Derrick. If he's out, I don't even want the spurs to make the playoffs (they won't without him anyway). The thought of Bellynelly and Detrash leading this team anywhere is hilarious
    really don’t understand why weatherspoon didn’t get more look than Belinelli with his defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are overstating the way the team struggled when White went out. The Spurs gave up their first-quarter lead with White the game. They kept missing shots for long stretches. White missed a couple but Walker just go so freaking unlucky on so many of his attempts. Dude should've had 15 at least. I hope Derrick doesn't miss time, and his talent being gone may well hamstring the team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them play way, way better than they did to in the third today if they have time to adjust to the absence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are overstating the way the team struggled when White went out. The Spurs gave up their first-quarter lead with White the game. They kept missing shots for long stretches. White missed a couple but Walker just go so freaking unlucky on so many of his attempts. Dude should've had 15 at least. I hope Derrick doesn't miss time, and his talent being gone may well hamstring the team, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them play way, way better than they did to in the third today if they have time to adjust to the absence.
    maybe. We just didn’t look super composed imo. DeRozan was getting frustrated, understandably so (he got elbowed by Brandon Ingram and they called it a foul on him). But he pulled it together in the 4th. Rudy Gay stood out to me in the third as the most composed player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe. We just didn’t look super composed imo. DeRozan was getting frustrated, understandably so (he got elbowed by Brandon Ingram and they called it a foul on him). But he pulled it together in the 4th. Rudy Gay stood out to me in the third as the most composed player
    I think they lacked composure in large part because White's injury. But they also had to deal with the pressure of a must-win game combined with the way the calls were going or seeming to go at the time. I don't think it's simply a matter of missing White.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't bad luck Walker was experiencing. He shies away from contact so intently that he can't finish the shots. Needs to go harder/faster/higher and directly at the rim, rather than trying to through every shot attempt in off the backboard. He doesn't play as strong as his body looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh man, stop making so much sense, it genuinely confuses people here

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video wrong. Walker is Spurs' best player, not White. Sucks that he had to end up playing for a jackass like Gregg.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Video wrong. Walker is Spurs' best player, not White. Sucks that he had to end up playing for a jackass like Gregg.
    I would say walker has the highest ceiling but white is more productive at the moment

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say walker has the highest ceiling but white is more productive at the moment
    Sure. But the people getting excited about Derrick White are the same people that were getting excited about George Hill.

Walker should be an all star by next season. If he's not it's because Gregg is limiting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George Hill had a productive career and was traded for a stud. I'll hope Derrick White gets 6 more years avg over 20 mins a game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. But the people getting excited about Derrick White are the same people that were getting excited about George Hill.

Walker should be an all star by next season. If he's not it's because Gregg is limiting him.
    What do you have against White? He isn't "sexy" enough for you?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you have against White? He isn't "sexy" enough for you?
    Nothing against him. He could even work his way up to a poor man's Ginobili.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't bad luck Walker was experiencing. He shies away from contact so intently that he can't finish the shots. Needs to go harder/faster/higher and directly at the rim, rather than trying to through every shot attempt in off the backboard. He doesn't play as strong as his body looks.
    I don't agree. Walker's best quality is that he can score from angles most players can't. He could stand to take contact better, but he shouldn't be trying to be Westbrook. Using the backboard is fine and smart (since goal-tending rules still exist and all that), but he has to get better at making those shots if that's how he's going to play. Regardless, he had a number of shots rim out. That's bad luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to watch hours of film of Keldon Johnson on how to throw your body into someone and score, or draw the foul. DJ should in in the film room, too. He’s just as bad finishing at the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I understand why Murray got the nod to start the season...coming back from the injury, that was his established role and his spot to lose.

But White has shown himself to be the superior player, in my opinion. Better shooter, better playmaker, and a more solid defender (even if he doesn't rack up as many steals).

If Murray and White can't coexist in the starting lineup, then I think Pop needs to swap their roles and start playing Murray off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be more than ok with a White-LW starting backcourt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no update on Derrick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no update on Derrick?
    Feels like a bad sign tbh :/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably won’t hear anything until the pre-game show tomorrow. He may not be ready to go now, but might be in 24 hours.

Thread Information