Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still no update on Derrick?
    Why would there be an update? They said he had a bruised knee. As far as I know, talk about him needing further tests was just speculation. If he just has a bruise, then the thing that would determine whether he can go tomorrow would be how it feels and how that impedes him. They won't know that yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I kind of failed to mention that I get why pop tried to bring him off the bench as a Ginobili-like spark but it didn’t work, he needs to be starting.
    White should start because he's one of, if not the best, the most complete players on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably won’t hear anything until the pre-game show tomorrow. He may not be ready to go now, but might be in 24 hours.
    Whether White plays or not will give you a peak into Pop's mindset in terms of making the playoffs. If its just a bruise, he should play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After LWIV 'told his story' we sure as haven't seen POOP excoriate, berate, and publicly flog the man on the Sidelines like we saw before.....

he is only 21 and has the Feels er something....it clearly affected him.....but he has to get over that or be a victim again.....
    That's the thing, he is only 21 and he clearly has some issues, as was evidenced by his security blanket hairstyle. But he shed the hair which is a good psychological sign of his accepting of his issues and looking to move past them hopefully.

Its been said before, but I wish Lonnie would go talk to TP about how Pop treated him when he was about Lonnie's age which could help give LW4 some outside perspective to help him not take this from Pop so personal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reminder that kawhi played hurt in the 2017 playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has nothing to do with starting and everything to do with usage. Wombat and Rudy were the main usage guys off the bench. Belli had a green light to throw up anything he wanted. If you treat White like a measly role player, he will play like one.

Give him minutes and empower him by putting the ball in his hands often and he will shine.
    Truth. It was a travesty this year. Pop had signed Murray to that extension and already committed to him. Then Forbes is inexplicable tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't bad luck Walker was experiencing. He shies away from contact so intently that he can't finish the shots. Needs to go harder/faster/higher and directly at the rim, rather than trying to through every shot attempt in off the backboard. He doesn't play as strong as his body looks.
    I have considered whether Walker's history of knee injuries has made him averse to contact. If that is the case, his career will not reach the top of his potential. Still a very young guy that only just mid season started to get regular playing time. But physicality is lacking offensively for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have considered whether Walker's history of knee injuries has made him averse to contact. If that is the case, his career will not reach the top of his potential. Still a very young guy that only just mid season started to get regular playing time. But physicality is lacking offensively for sure.
    The way he's finishing at the rim right now (or lack of finishing) is honestly more dangerous long term for his knees than if he were to learn to finish through contact and land/fall correctly like Parker did tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The way he's finishing at the rim right now (or lack of finishing) is honestly more dangerous long term for his knees than if he were to learn to finish through contact and land/fall correctly like Parker did tbh.
    Then that is definitely coaching Mugen. Basically as needed as teaching guys how to land safely, is how to use contact to finish. With Derozan on the team, if he was helping out these guys and that is the reason he was here, well I'd value his mentorship more. I don't know what is going on in that regard. Still hoping Walker improves tho.

Thread Information