My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...august-9-2020/

Good win; let's hope Derrick White is okay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker & Murray a Kobe-esque combined 8-27 against the Pelican's matador defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No White, no hope.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 4 points from Poodle is not going to get it done add to that he is giving up playing time to a G League player Eubanks does not bode well for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. This was a great win today. Agree we likely have to win out to get a shot at the playoffs, but that could happen. Like all Spurs fans I'm hoping for the best with White who was playing outstandingly before the injury. Glad Gay and DDR brought this one home. Houston and OKC are neck and neck so we can expect the Rockets' best on Tuesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, yeah. It turns out Drew Eubanks is better than Poeltl. Who'd have thought?

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Write up Timvp
    I had a little disappointment in Walker, he seemed to miss some assignments on defense and too many blown layups, same as Murray. Inexcusable for missing layups.
    Great to see Eubanks continue to improve, he is definitely done with the Gleague. He needs a multi year minimum contract given in the offseason. He needs to add a jumpshot he is comfortable with because he was caught out on the perimeter without anyone to pass it to, and he is wide open.
    Geez , didnt realize Keldon pretended to be Belineli with the defense on JJ Re .
    Would have also liked to see Patty get a run after White went down. The team stopped moving the ball. Overall, great game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker & Murray a Kobe-esque combined 8-27 against the Pelican's matador defense.
    Jrue Holiday and Lonzo are both actually pretty good defenders. I'd say the more important stat is those two going 4-22 against the Spurs' defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 21 minutes, White was the best player on the floor from either team. Impressive.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please somebody teach Murray and Walker how to use the backboard!!! Timmy should be good at it...DDR too... It's incredible the amount of close shoots they miss just because they have no idea on the right trajectories for leaning the ball to the backboard. That's weird considering they are not exactly considered outside shooters... It's inconceivable that these two pretend to always go to the basket without knowing how to use the backboard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, yeah. It turns out Drew Eubanks is better than Poeltl. Who'd have thought?
    All you Poeltl haters need to chill before you embarrass yourself, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please somebody teach Murray and Walker how to use the backboard!!! Timmy should be good at it...DDR too... It's incredible the amount of close shoots they miss just because they have no idea on the right trajectories for leaning the ball to the backboard. That's weird considering they are not exactly considered outside shooters... It's inconceivable that these two pretend to always go to the basket without knowing how to use the backboard...
    both need to learn to seek contact when attacking the rim, they seem more concerned with escaping contact than actually scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you Poeltl haters need to chill before you embarrass yourself, tbh.
    I'm more praising Eubanks than hating Poeltl. He's been surprisingly good, and objectively better than Poeltl offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for continuing to do these game grades. I don’t get on Spurstalk much anymore, but generally come here to read your game grades still. Thanks for the effort, it’s appreciated

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more praising Eubanks than hating Poeltl. He's been surprisingly good, and objectively better than Poeltl offensively.
    Eubanks for sure has a better shot, but offense is more than scoring. look at the hustle stats. Poeltl is leading the whole nba in screen assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both need to learn to seek contact when attacking the rim, they seem more concerned with escaping contact than actually scoring.
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp!

Pop has coached really well since the restart. He seems a little more like the Pop of old. Even if we drop our final two games, I'd say going 4-4 with this group is an accomplishment and gives me hope for next year.

On that note, change up the roster - release Marco, trade Brynn, move Patty further down bench to the mentor seat, maybe move one of DDR or LMA for other assets, wisely use that lottery pick, hand the PG keys to White, and suddenly this team looks pretty good...and fun to watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shows how fast kids are thrown into competion at higher and higher levels because of some physical skills that put them ahead of the slower developing players. But layups are Basketball 101 first lesson. They missed it. I swear sometimes they were both just pitching the ball in the general direction of the backboard without any comprehension of the angles that have to be mastered and used for this basic shooting skill. F-

Thread Information