Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Donald fn Trump won the presidential election in 2016 most impressively AGAINST a huge amount of Republican money.

Anyone care to explain this?
    1) Crowded GOP primary field that was too disorganized to align against him the way the Dem field aligned against Bernie before Super Tuesday.

2) He had his own warchest to spend. You're being ridiculous pretending that Trump winning had nothing to do with him being a billionaire who could self fund.

3) The part no one talks about, he had Roger Ailes and Fox News giving him free advertising and air time to the base via significantly more coverage than other candidates got. It's undisputed that Roger Ailes (who before the sexual assault came out was effectively the Republican Party's most influential power broker) wanted Trump to win and directed Fox News to help Trump in the primary. Trump doesn't win without the help from Fox News, and the help Trump got from Fox News cancelled out any disadvantage he had for ostensibly being "non-establishment". The biggest issue non-mainstream candidates on the left run into is glib media coverage about how they're "unelectable," Trump had the opposite. Fox News was actively trying to normalize Trump and get primary voters behind him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we lose again.

america first

Funny thing is Putin vaccinated his daughters but not himself .

that vaccine . Ill wait 1 full year from today to even consider one.
    This is an untested vaccine. Neither tested for safety... or effectiveness.

Odds are pretty high that it will either be unsafe... or ineffective, it might even be both. This is, in all probability, going to blow up on Putin, and make him look like a ing dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) Crowded GOP primary field that was too disorganized to align against him the way the Dem field aligned against Bernie before Super Tuesday.

2) He had his own warchest to spend. You're being ridiculous pretending that Trump winning had nothing to do with him being a billionaire who could self fund.

3) The part no one talks about, he had Roger Ailes and Fox News giving him free advertising and air time to the base via significantly more coverage than other candidates got. It's undisputed that Roger Ailes (who before the sexual assault came out was effectively the Republican Party's most influential power broker) wanted Trump to win and directed Fox News to help Trump in the primary. Trump doesn't win without the help from Fox News, and the help Trump got from Fox News cancelled out any disadvantage he had for ostensibly being "non-establishment". The biggest issue non-mainstream candidates on the left run into is glib media coverage about how they're "unelectable," Trump had the opposite. Fox News was actively trying to normalize Trump and get primary voters behind him.
    Give credit when credit is due nig

Donald Trump singlehandely won 2016 against all odds.

Want proof? Democratic party cheered Donald in primaries because they thought it assured them presidency.

Talk about miscalculation

hillary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fox "news" is the single most corrosive force in US politics, due to its reach. The only saving grace is that its view base is getting old and ing dying off.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Give credit when credit is due nig

Donald Trump singlehandely won 2016 against all odds.

Want proof? Democratic party cheered Donald in primaries because they thought it assured them presidency.

Talk about miscalculation

hillary
    I'm not trying to take credit away. Trump ran a great campaign and won fair and square, all I'm saying is it's ridiculous to act like Trump faced all the obstacles that a truly anti-establishment progressive candidate who wants a UBI and universal healthcare would face.

Media coverage is really ing important, just look at this year. The Dem primary voters nominated a coma patient who's only form of communication comes from a staff-operated twitter account and they don't even know what they like about him . That was the byproduct of constant, unrelenting commentary on CNN/MSNBC about Biden being really "electable."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Trump showed us that a billionaire can become president by self funding his campaign "

that's bull .

more proof that rightwingnutjob assholes are ignorant, gullible s

Trash lied that he was worth $10B and lied that he didn't need any external financing,

when in fact he's worth about $2B but we don't know how many $100Ms of debt he has.

He was broke so sold Trump U crap, steaks, wine, etc, etc. trying to get some cash when US banks wouldn't touch him.

He's total fraud, a FAILED businessman, and an easy mark to be compromised by Pootin's loans and money laundering.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1 The organization against Bernie took into account the belief he was unelectable. The Republican party did the same with Trump. He put himself out there for target practice.

2 should have swept Bloomberg in who entered late in an already whittled field.

CNN basically held a coronation of Hillary on 3

And the Republican party was absolutely resigned that they HAD VOTED an unelectable candidate up BEFORE the election.
    Let Trump be Trump now. He won the election. And it may take a pandemic to stop him. He found the right way to display appealing hatred.

Thread Information