My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so the Spurs faced a Utah team minus its 3 best players (Gobert, Mitc & Conley) & now they face the Rockets w/o Harden (taking his first DNP-CD for rest). Does anyone else believe coaches are throwing games or diminishing chances at winning by playing undermanned for Pop’s sake? Kind of a - thanks Pop in case this is your last season as HC? Do they know something we don’t?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was happening for his sake. I won’t be surprised if he retires either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Mike D'Antoni just wants to help Pop out. Brett Brown obviously didn't get the memo. I might have drank the Kool-Aid with you had he held Westbrook out too. But Russ is back, so they won't miss much of a step. Maybe Pop wants the rest of the league to make the playoffs and that's why he's holding LMA and Trey Lyles out...and you can't forget the killa' Brynn Forbes.

We've just become that team that other coaches feel like they can beat with their third stringers, which is basically what the Spurs have rolled out onto the floor with during this restart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blazers, Suns, Grizzlies have also played multiple teams that have rested players. It was inevitable with the restart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Mike D'Antoni just wants to help Pop out. Brett Brown obviously didn't get the memo. I might have drank the Kool-Aid with you had he held Westbrook out too. But Russ is back, so they won't miss much of a step. Maybe Pop wants the rest of the league to make the playoffs and that's why he's holding LMA and Trey Lyles out...and you can't forget the killa' Brynn Forbes.

We've just become that team that other coaches feel like they can beat with their third stringers, which is basically what the Spurs have rolled out onto the floor with during this restart.
    Aldridge & Lyles are our with injuries. I’m not sure about Patty or Forbes. I thought about your second idea too. These Spurs w/o Forbes and Aldridge have shown more juice and cohesion than with Aldridge playing. Not a good look for him, not that he cares.
    Last edited by tmtcsc; 08-11-2020 at 11:19 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so the Spurs faced a Utah team minus its 3 best players (Gobert, Mitc & Conley) & now they face the Rockets w/o Harden (taking his first DNP-CD for rest). Does anyone else believe coaches are throwing games or diminishing chances at winning by playing undermanned for Pop’s sake? Kind of a - thanks Pop in case this is your last season as HC? Do they know something we don’t?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was happening for his sake. I won’t be surprised if he retires either.
    If there would be ANY coach that would NOT do this, it would be Three First Names..

Most of the guaranteed playoff teams are treating the 8 game bubble as pre-season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well try to shoot the moon: Pop coaches one more season, then in the summer of 2021 the Spurs steal both Giannis and Coach Bud from Milwaukee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt Pringles wants to do Pop any favors tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett is Dead Man Walking in Philly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett is Dead Man Walking in Philly.
    I’d take him in a second as a Pop replacement.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they have not much reason to try because home court isn't a thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there would be ANY coach that would NOT do this, it would be Three First Names..

Most of the guaranteed playoff teams are treating the 8 game bubble as pre-season.
    Which would explain why the play-in teams in the West are doing so well. With the Suns, Blazers and Spurs combining to go 14-4, you know there's some teams on the other side not giving full effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which would explain why the play-in teams in the West are doing so well. With the Suns, Blazers and Spurs combining to go 14-4, you know there's some teams on the other side not giving full effort.
    Only thing is that isn't helping push our younger guys enough, IMO. Then again, would Pop have even given these younger Spurs run had the real regular season concluded normally? It is good reps for them even if it is just a "super up" Summer League until the playoffs begin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, I've seen Brett, Borrego beating us when the standing is on the line. And I bet coaches want to beat Pop. I mean, who wouldn't a self-respecting coach not try to put a bullseye on the GOAT and having to live to tell about it?

Thread Information