Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont post much anymore, but I've been loving DeRozen at PF... With his game at pf, he seems to be waaaaay more effective that LMA. Is it really time to move on from him an Forbes?? Even if Pop is talking about sitting Mills, he's not being traded, but im sure we could package LMA & Forbes. Mature thoughts please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think DeRozan is a long-term PF. I think "ideally", he'd play most at SF and slide to PF against beneficial match-ups. Moreover, I think the Spurs should move on from DeRozan and get a PF that can space the floor and doesn't need the ball in his hands. I'm pretty confident that Murray can't survive with DeRozan on the same team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think DeRozan is a long-term PF. I think "ideally", he'd play most at SF and slide to PF against beneficial match-ups. Moreover, I think the Spurs should move on from DeRozan and get a PF that can space the floor and doesn't need the ball in his hands. I'm pretty confident that Murray can't survive with DeRozan on the same team.
    Murray's pride cant survive!!! But Idk what PF you speak of that teams are just ready to throw away for Damar. I'd live to see Metu get more burn or get rid of him too.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is the odd man out if the Spurs really want the future to be in the hands of some combination of Murray/White/Walker/Johnson. Nearly all the Spurs' youth is on the perimeter.

Aldridge, even at this age, is still way better than Poeltl and provides a lot more spacing.

Strange as it might sound, I could see Keldon filling the rim-roller role on occasion, especially if Aldridge and someone like Lyles are behind the three-point line. Or if the Spurs are playing small with Aldridge as the 5 and Keldon as the 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both, but Demar is not a PF

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If aldridge is willing to continue spacing the floor and jacking up 3s, then its demar who is the odd man out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be running more and lowering LMA minutes to compensate. Allowing Poeltl to be more aggressive and energetic. Problem was Pop played a slower first team and a faster second team, which worked well around 12-17. Gay is an odd man out. He kinda can't run now and is a ball stopper. I like how he can put the ball in the basket but he does slow the game down. He has a place but not really suited for this team now. Getting a full time 4 that will run and shoot, should be Spurs target this offseason. Despite losing Gays intangibles, it would be beneficial for the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Aldridge DeRozan actually looks effective.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i appreciate the LMAs skills and imo hes still a decent player despite his age but spurs are much more faster and more enjoyable to watch without him. However i cant see ddr as a PF for a longterm. Someone (or both) must go/be traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. This is more of Pop forcing the team to run. LMA can play the fast game too, just not with extended minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Replace Jakob with Aldridge in the line up and the spurs don’t get raped by embid and jokic. Probably undefeated right now with the suns. People forget LA was shooting 3s at like 45% before the stoppage

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    DeRozan is the odd man out if the Spurs really want the future to be in the hands of some combination of Murray/White/Walker/Johnson. Nearly all the Spurs' youth is on the perimeter.

Aldridge, even at this age, is still way better than Poeltl and provides a lot more spacing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is more on Forbes, Belli, and Mills than anything else. We don’t have to cover for a midget or slow unathletic person. I also think that Pop underestimated how good our spacing could’ve been had we had White, KJ, Lonnie, DDR, and LMA starting. Everybody here likes to on “mah touches” but the man took 9 threes in a game on more than one occasion. He was leading us in 3 point attempts for a while. He clearly wanted to adapt. It just shows how much Pop ed up the season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can't trade Forbes because he's a free agent after this season. They can either let him walk, match another teams offer to Forbes to keep him or lastly sign him then trade him which is considered a sign and trade.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no.

spurs are playing so much more comfortable because there's more talent on the floor / they don't have to worry about covering for forbes and patty.

this team would be playing even better with la. much better scoring prowess than poe + eub combined, obviously.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles says o. He can also defend and rebound decently.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't read too much into the records of the Spurs, Suns, and Blazers since the restart. Spurs and Blazers didn't become good teams as soon as they got to Orlando and Phoenix didn't just become elite either. This is a league where seeds 1-7 had already been determined so those teams seem to be treating these 8 games like a preseason. Now if they snuck into the playoffs and gave the Lakers a good fight in the first round that would be a whole different story.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    sign dwight howard so la doesn't have to worry about being the defensive anchor. let him be comfortable and so he can focus better on scoring.

white / keldon / la / dwight is a solid foundation to add to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would try to shop both, LA and DDR, if something good comes along, then you take it. If not, I'm fine with tolerating them for one more year. DeRozan and LA on reduced roles, accompanied by the likes of White, Keldon, Poeltl, Walker and Murray could be a better team than we had in the last three years.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay featuring so prominantly on offense at the bubble tells me Lamarcus is in their plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let LA be our 2014 Tim Duncan with Keldon winning the Finals MVP next year.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even Jacob was at times the focal point against the rockets today from inside.. that is Lamarcus' role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is PF only in small ball, but when it slows down, Aldridge can get us the basket at that PF position. Spurs need Aldridge, but definitely no longer the only option, with White, Keldon stepping up.
    But definitely this bubble experience shows that it's way time to go away from the Forbes/Mills/Beli experiment, and back with the athletic defense that this team is VERY capable of.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both, but Demar is not a PF

DDR isn't a PF, Murray isn't a PG, and LMA isn't a C. It's a mystery to me why they didn't contend for a championship this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would try to shop both, LA and DDR, if something good comes along, then you take it. If not, I'm fine with tolerating them for one more year. DeRozan and LA on reduced roles, accompanied by the likes of White, Keldon, Poeltl, Walker and Murray could be a better team than we had in the last three years.
    I'm pretty sure they were on the table at the deadline. I am sure there were some discussions with the Heat but teams were likely far off.

Thread Information