Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-gains-tax-cut
    Trump says he is 'seriously' considering a capital gains tax cut

President Trump on Monday said he is considering a capital gains tax cut in an effort to create more jobs.

The statement comes days after Trump signed executive orders to extend unemployment benefits and an eviction moratorium and to reduce the payroll tax after negotiators were unable to reach an agreement on a coronavirus relief package.

“We’re looking at also considering a capital gains tax cut, which will create a lot more jobs,” Trump said Monday during a briefing.

“Looking very seriously at a capital gains tax cut and also at an income tax cut for middle-income families,” he added.

The action comes as Trump faces a slew of polls showing him trailing presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden in the race for the White House. The president has sought to show off his executive actions while blaming Democrats for the stalemate in Congress.

He said the nation can expect to hear more about his plans in the weeks ahead.

“I think it will be very exciting. A capital gains tax is going to be a lot of people put to work, and it will be a cut in the capital gains tax and also a cut in the middle-income tax,” the president added.

Questions have been raised about how effective Trump's orders will be. A $600 increase in unemployment benefits expired at the end of last month. Trump's order extends $300 in benefits, but the funds for the extension will run out in December. States are asked to come up with another $100 in benefits per week.

Trump also praised new job creation, highlighting a dip in the unemployment rate after it reached record highs during the course of the pandemic and subsequent shutdowns.

He said the country is seeing a housing and automobile boom, specifically calling out the creation of auto plants he said are popping up in Michigan and Ohio — two key swing states crucial to Trump’s bid for reelection.

“We’re doing rebuilding like nobody's ever seen. It's a big plus for manufacturing and construction. So construction is getting close to record territory. Manufacturing is doing very well. The car companies are doing very great. I'm very happy for Michigan, the state of Michigan. We have a lot of car companies moving in. Plants are being built and expanded in Michigan and Ohio,” Trump said.

“Theres is no reason why the economy can't grow at a 20 percent pace in third quarter. That will be record, and, interestingly, it will be a number that's going to be announced before Nov. 3. It gets announced probably around Nov. 1, which is very interesting,” the president said, referring to Election Day.

“But it's going to grow at a very substantial pace based on all the numbers we're looking at and probably a lot more substantial than we originally thought,” he added.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like when Cuckner promised the nation would be back rocking by July. Is there any problem America faces that the GOP doesn't think the answer to is moar tax cuts for the rich?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax cuts for the rich, answer to every problem in the nation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cut inheritance tax, too.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like when Cuckner promised the nation would be back rocking by July. Is there any problem America faces that the GOP doesn't think the answer to is moar tax cuts for the rich?
    "rockin'"

lol white people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax cuts for the rich is the priority while 1/3 of the country can't make rent and faces eviction while tens of millions have lost jobs, I mean how can anyone vote for these heads? Oh and killing off Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office are the other priorities for this completely worthless political party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax cuts for the rich is the priority while 1/3 of the country can't make rent and faces eviction while tens of millions have lost jobs, I mean how can anyone vote for these heads? Oh and killing off Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office are the other priorities for this completely worthless political party.
    Darrin's gonna create jobs in his zip code tho.

Gonna buy a Bill Miller franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "the rich"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    moar guns will solve the gun problem too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "the rich"
    Here we go.

Brags about riches.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL HIM RICH.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah like I said in another thread, if he’s reelected it’s the straw that breaks the American Empires back and it’s time to move to a new country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "the rich"
    No one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Define "the rich"
    for starters, people who would benefit from the below
    Cut inheritance tax, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah like I said in another thread, if he’s reelected it’s the straw that breaks the American Empires back and it’s time to move to a new country.
    Buy a house in Portugal and live there five years. EU citizen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cry poverty for us from your pool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for starters, people who would benefit from the below
    Not a definition

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wife is set to get her citizenship here within a year, but she's going to maintain her dual citizenship in sweden. she can hook me up there

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    There’s a job opening in Sweden and I’m talking to someone in one of the same company’s US offices about it next week. I’d have to learn Swedish but basically everyone in Sweden also speaks English so I could get by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wife is set to get her citizenship here within a year, but she's going to maintain her dual citizenship in sweden. she can hook me up there
    HERD IMMUNITY

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It’s a stupid red herring not worth engaging on. People facing eviction don’t in any way benefit from a ing capital gains tax reduction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a stupid red herring not worth engaging on. People facing eviction don’t in any way benefit from a ing capital gains tax reduction.
    muh trickle down tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin gon' give 'em jobs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lived in a trailer park as a kid.

But those taxes affect me now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're cool with taxation by presidential diktat if you get a tax break?

There's zero chance what Trump is talking about will pass the House.

Thread Information