My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...ugust-11-2020/

It's always good to beat the Rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No matter what happens tomorrow and whether we make the playoffs or not, this has been a really impressive series of games from most Spurs players. Yesterday I watched some highlights of games from this season pre-pandemic, and the team was absolute tbh. We'd been wondering all season if the young guys could take on the scoring/playmaking load for the team in stead of the vets (at least I was), and now it's pretty much confirmed. I like DeRozan's current role on the team, but he's not indispensable right now, which bodes well for the future. Keldon continues to grow before our eyes... I was high on him watching his games on Austin, bu didn't really expect to play like he has been. Big Body is the future...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie has blown so many chances at the basket, he needs to go to the rim stronger and not shy away from the contact, he’s got enough athleticism for that. Fix that and we have a very promising guard rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole fan base saw that the way the Spurs were playing was wrong yet poop continued. I cannot figure out why except poop has just lost it.
    He is the main problem.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let’s not start sucking each other’s s just yet

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the game, people were wondering if White would even suit up. Some said that the team needed something from him, even if he wasn't 100%. That was a C performance, compared to how he's been playing - I don't have a problem with that. Having him on the court at that level was an A from the team's perspective.

"Westbrook tried to bully him in the paint, the 20-year-old’s surprising strength stopped that from happening". KJ is damn strong, and he's a pit bull. He's not going to be bullied, and he made that clear from his first game in silver and black. That alone would have made the difference in a number of regular season game. The Spurs need that kind of grit as much or more than anything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When all is said and done, the Spurs have been playing with house money. We all knew it was a long-shot for them to jump to 9th...in fact, I was of the opinion that it was impossible so I can only be encouraged by play we have seen by the young guns. And it's just been really fun to watch Spurs basketball after 5 months of sports quarantine.

If they fail to make the playoffs, the biggest frustration will be the choke against the Sixers which could end up being the difference...but that illustrates the margin of error the Spurs had to work with. A few plays basically are going to dictate a chance at keeping the streak alive or falling into the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When all is said and done, the Spurs have been playing with house money. We all knew it was a long-shot for them to jump to 9th...in fact, I was of the opinion that it was impossible so I can only be encouraged by play we have seen by the young guns. And it's just been really fun to watch Spurs basketball after 5 months of sports quarantine.

If they fail to make the playoffs, the biggest frustration will be the choke against the Sixers which could end up being the difference...but that illustrates the margin of error the Spurs had to work with. A few plays basically are going to dictate a chance at keeping the streak alive or falling into the lottery.
    I was thinking 3 wins maybe 4 depending on how teams played. Then when LMA and Lyles went out- Hmm maybe 2 wins, maybe 1.
    There was even a thread about= i think somewhat tongue in cheek of Pop quitting if they didn't win a game.

Overall I'm really proud of the way the bubble performance. Players and coaches. Even the two losses, they where in it.

Good Job!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the bubble... No one were keepers

After the bubble... White, Keldon, and maybe Lonnie may be keepers

So just learning this will help the path forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking 3 wins maybe 4 depending on how teams played. Then when LMA and Lyles went out- Hmm maybe 2 wins, maybe 1.
    There was even a thread about= i think somewhat tongue in cheek of Pop quitting if they didn't win a game.

Overall I'm really proud of the way the bubble performance. Players and coaches. Even the two losses, they where in it.

Good Job!
    I figured 2-6. Pop benching Forbes and Mills & playing the younger guys more minutes was a welcomed surprise. DJ is still not a player & Walker has issues. I straight up wonder if he has mental or emotional (or both) problems going on based on some of his comments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only reason why this team won't make the playoffs is cause it took the stupid coach to July 31st to find the right rotation. And the idiot is still playing Belinelli 20 minutes every night. Don't forget that Flopovich's rotations cost us about 15 wins this season. Remember when he kept playing Belinelli over Walker even after Walker went nuts against Houston? What about never playing Murray and White together and having Murray start over White? Or having Forbes start over White and play the 3rd most minutes? We need a new coach point blank period
    '

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think DeRozan would've held up over the course of a season playing PF full time. I think people underestimate how much better he is at that position than SF. Simply sliding him up and replacing one of the guards with Lyles would've made the Spurs a worse team. Not playing Forbes should've been obvious, but it's not clear the Spurs would've been this good before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight is such a jealous , but the "delete forbes" is based on lamarcus (forbes is a credible shooter who spaces). None of the other new guards are volume catch and shoot guys. Next year, barring a trade, you have to add big touches back which will have an effect on the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight is such a jealous , but the "delete forbes" is based on lamarcus (forbes is a credible shooter who spaces). None of the other new guards are volume catch and shoot guys. Next year, barring a trade, you have to add big touches back which will have an effect on the offense.
    aldridge is still fine as a center. if pop tries having him at the 4 next to poodle or eubanks, i'd take issue.

the problem with forbes is the expanded role pop always gives him, which was utterly irresponsible when we have murray/white/walker all ready to take heavy guard minutes, and patty is just a more reliable version of him. patty can actually run the point to a reasonable degree, whereas forbes has to play the D and is completely outmatched on D

Thread Information