Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read Biden should replace Repugs on USPS board of governors with a majority of Dems who fire Dejoy, whom Biden cannot fire directly.

The PAEA Act was Repug maliciousness to destroy the USPS into privatization.

Will the Dems repeal PAEA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal...nhancement_Act

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read Biden should replace Repugs on USPS board of governors with a majority of Dems who fire Dejoy, whom Biden cannot fire directly.

The PAEA Act was Repug maliciousness to destroy the USPS into privatization.

Will the Dems repeal PAEA?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal...nhancement_Act
    They might. That is the talk. Given that Biden has moved pretty quickly to enact , I can see it getting done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mind-blowing that DeJoy still runs the USPS, he'e eminently worthy of impeachment for what he has done to the US Mail.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy 'plans to eliminate two-day delivery for first-class mail and hike postage rates' as USPS struggles with billions in losses

• DeJoy is reportedly considering eliminating two-day delivery for first-class mail
    • Already, less than half of letters in that category are delivered on time
    • Plan would also see all first-class mail shipped by truck instead of airplane
    • Changes would coincide with a significant price hike in postage
    • USPS is struggling financially even after a record holiday quarter last year
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-delivery.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might. That is the talk. Given that Biden has moved pretty quickly to enact , I can see it getting done.
    Most of his has accomplished nothing significant in practice.

Only 1% of Fed people make less than $15,

1% of Fed prisoners in for-profit prisons,

etc.

AZ and WV aren't blue, and their two DINO Senators certainly aren't.

Can't beat the archaic perversity of the Cons ution. 48 Dem Senators represent 45M? more people than 52 Repug Senators.

Sinema and Machin, at least will block simple majority vote for DC and PR statehood, and maybe other Dem Senators, too.

Biden and Dems hold a very weak, often losing, hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slowing down the US Mail goes against US postal policy

39 U.S. Code § 101 - Postal policy

(a)The United States Postal Service shall be operated as a basic and fundamental service provided to the people by the Government of the United States, authorized by the Cons ution, created by Act of Congress, and supported by the people. The Postal Service shall have as its basic function the obligation to provide postal services to bind the Nation together through the personal, educational, literary, and business correspondence of the people. It shall provide prompt, reliable, and efficient services to patrons in all areas and shall render postal services to all communities. The costs of establishing and maintaining the Postal Service shall not be apportioned to impair the overall value of such service to the people.

(b)The Postal Service shall provide a maximum degree of effective and regular postal services to rural areas, communities, and small towns where post offices are not self-sustaining. No small post office shall be closed solely for operating at a deficit, it being the specific intent of the Congress that effective postal services be insured to residents of both urban and rural communities.

(c)As an employer, the Postal Service shall achieve and maintain compensation for its officers and employees comparable to the rates and types of compensation paid in the private sector of the economy of the United States. It shall place particular emphasis upon opportunities for career advancements of all officers and employees and the achievement of worthwhile and satisfying careers in the service of the United States.

(d)Postal rates shall be established to apportion the costs of all postal operations to all users of the mail on a fair and equitable basis.

(e)In determining all policies for postal services, the Postal Service shall give the highest consideration to the requirement for the most expeditious collection, transportation, and delivery of important letter mail.

(f)In selecting modes of transportation, the Postal Service shall give highest consideration to the prompt and economical delivery of all mail. Modern methods of transporting mail by containerization and programs designed to achieve overnight transportation to the destination of important letter mail to all parts of the Nation shall be a primary goal of postal operations.

(Pub. L. 91–375, Aug. 12, 1970, 84 Stat. 719; Pub. L. 110–405, § 2(b)(9), Oct. 13, 2008, 122 Stat. 4289.)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/101

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Fire DeJoy before he burns down USPS':

Postmaster General pushes plan for slower mail and higher prices

to roll out another slate of policies that would significantly hike postage rates and further slow the delivery of certain kinds of mail.

"Biden has the power to fill the board that decides his fate.

That board should be full of people who believe in public postal services.

And that board must be ready to fire him quickly."

"preparing to put all first-class mail onto a single delivery track...

a move that would mean slower and more costly delivery for both consumers and commercial mailers."

to eliminate a tier of first-class mail—letters, bills, and other envelope-sized correspondence sent to a local address—designated for delivery in two days," the Post reported.

"Instead, all first-class mail would be lumped into the same three- to five-day window, the current benchmark for nonlocal mail."

"The plan also prevents first-class mail from being shipped by airplane," the Post noted,

"forcing all of it into trucks and a relay of distribution depots."

"push for significantly higher postage rates" in the name of raising revenue,

Democratic lawmakers and outside progressives are urging Biden—who by law cannot fire the postmaster general himself—to take the forceful step of

terminating every sitting member of the postal board and filling it with officials committed to preserving and strengthening the USPS as a public service.

Postal governors, who can remove the postmaster general by a majority vote, must be

confirmed by the U.S.
    Senate, which Democrats narrowly control. Moscow Mitch runs the Senate, minority rule

https://www.rawstory.com/louis-dejoy-2650533961

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like a vehicle the carrier can stand up in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no noise about Biden packing USPS board with legit people to get dejoy canned,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no noise about Biden packing USPS board with legit people to get dejoy canned,
    Really?

I thought someone wrote a letter to Biden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More volume for bulky items

Will Dems annul the Repug PAEA Act so USPS can operate like any other BigCorp

USPS should also add non-profit/no-shareholde public banking, to help people on low end get banked, saving $1000s/year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watch live today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Postmaster General Louis DeJoy testified before House panel, Biden nominates three to USPS board of governors.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy told a House panel Wednesday that his forthcoming strategic plan for the U.S. Postal Service may include slowing first-class mail and removing a significant amount of mail from air transportation.

Republicans on the committee have largely used the hearing to defend DeJoy from attacks from Democrats about how the Postal Service handled ballots and election mail ahead of the November election, sparking tense exchanges between Democrats who voted to impeach former president Donald Trump, and Republicans who attempted to baselessly overturn the election the election that removed him from office, citing falsehoods about mail-in voting.

President Biden will nominate a former U.S. Postal Service executive, a leading voting rights advocate and a former postal union leader to the mail service’s governing board, according to three people briefed on the nominees, a move that will reshape the agency’s leadership and increase pressure on the embattled postmaster general.

Biden will nominate Ron Stroman, the Postal Service’s recently retired deputy postmaster general; Amber McReynolds, the chief executive of National Vote at Home Ins ute; and Anton Hajjar, the former general counsel of the American Postal Workers Union, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal policy.

If confirmed, the nominees would give Democrats a majority on the nine-member board of governors, with potentially enough votes to oust DeJoy, who testified Wednesday before a House panel that his new strategic plan for the mail service included slowing deliveries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-live-updates/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Postmaster General Louis DeJoy testified before House panel, Biden nominates three to USPS board of governors.

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy told a House panel Wednesday that his forthcoming strategic plan for the U.S. Postal Service may include slowing first-class mail and removing a significant amount of mail from air transportation.

Republicans on the committee have largely used the hearing to defend DeJoy from attacks from Democrats about how the Postal Service handled ballots and election mail ahead of the November election, sparking tense exchanges between Democrats who voted to impeach former president Donald Trump, and Republicans who attempted to baselessly overturn the election the election that removed him from office, citing falsehoods about mail-in voting.

President Biden will nominate a former U.S. Postal Service executive, a leading voting rights advocate and a former postal union leader to the mail service’s governing board, according to three people briefed on the nominees, a move that will reshape the agency’s leadership and increase pressure on the embattled postmaster general.

Biden will nominate Ron Stroman, the Postal Service’s recently retired deputy postmaster general; Amber McReynolds, the chief executive of National Vote at Home Ins ute; and Anton Hajjar, the former general counsel of the American Postal Workers Union, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal policy.

If confirmed, the nominees would give Democrats a majority on the nine-member board of governors, with potentially enough votes to oust DeJoy, who testified Wednesday before a House panel that his new strategic plan for the mail service included slowing deliveries.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-live-updates/
    Looks like Dejoy is going to be on his way out.

Lock him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejoy says he will be heading USPS for a very long time

If Biden gets his nominees through the " Biden, obstruct, deny him everything" Senate Repugs,

the board will be 4R - 4D and #9 will be an processive independent.

'Our entire country is fed up':

Biden nominees urged to demand Trump megadonor's ouster

https://www.rawstory.com/us-post-off..._campaign=6663

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such good timing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about this blueAnon thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot about this blueAnon thread
    What's blueAnon?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's when Republicans tell anyone who listens what they are doing and Darrin wants to pretend they aren't doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeJoy trashing the USPS isn't a conspiracy theory. The graphs don't lie and my own early take had two prongs:

1. That DeJoy was trying to undermine confidence in mail in voting. (it didn't work, because DJT drew attention to it)
    2. DeJoy was deliberately wrecking the USPS toward the end of its eventual privatization. (Endgame has yet to be borne out, but by many available measures, DeJoy has already trashed the USPS.)

Is that blueAnon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the writing is on the wall

Thread Information