Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    THE PENSIONS! SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE![/TWEET]
    Only a matter of time before we get "A GAZILLION UNBORN BABIES ARE ABORTED EVERY 15 SECONDS IN THIS COUNTRY, AND YOU'RE CRYING ABOUT THE POST OFFICE?!?!?" after they're done cycling through their repertoire of complaints regarding bloated government employee pensions / poorly run government agencies that need to be more like a BUSINESS. You know Conservatives are really out of things to say when they try shoehorning abortion into a discussion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The financial angle is pretty overblown IMO. The service [not a business] is set up to subsidize the costs for the consumers -- especially the rugged individualists living in the sticks. If you want it to make a profit you need to say you want that model changed and let the USPS set its rates more like an actual business, including higher rates for rural folk compared to city folk.

No Trump supporter is even allowed to think about such things apparently.
    The fact they're targeting urban areas as a way to "cut costs" shows how much of a charade this is. The urban areas aren't where they lose money, Bum North Dakota is, where they deliver mail at a much less efficient rate. Making people in flyover states wait longer for for mail would save a lot more money than delaying mail in inner city Philadelphia.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only a matter of time before we get "A GAZILLION UNBORN BABIES ARE ABORTED EVERY 15 SECONDS IN THIS COUNTRY, AND YOU'RE CRYING ABOUT THE POST OFFICE?!?!?" after they're done cycling through their repertoire of complaints regarding bloated government employee pensions / poorly run government agencies that need to be more like a BUSINESS. You know Conservatives are really out of things to say when they try shoehorning abortion into a discussion.
    SOMETHING SOMETHING JUNK MAIL!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Top Stories
    Video
    Search
    ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits he’s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes
    By DEB RIECHMANN and ANTHONY IZAGUIRRE
    yesterday

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump frankly acknowledged Thursday that he’s starving the U.S. Postal Service of money in order to make it harder to process an expected surge of mail-in ballots, which he worries could cost him the election.

In an interview on Fox Business Network, Trump explicitly noted two funding provisions that Democrats are seeking in a relief package that has stalled on Capitol Hill. Without the additional money, he said, the Postal Service won’t have the resources to handle a flood of ballots from voters who are seeking to avoid polling places during the coronavirus pandemic.

“If we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money,” Trump told host Maria Bartiromo. “That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting; they just can’t have it.”

https://apnews.com/14a2ceda724623604cc8d8e5ab9890ed

Blatant Trump. Apathetic conservatives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The same en y that can handle 2bn Christmas cards in the month after the election... suddenly has problems handling a few million ballots, after Trump says he wants to stop mail in voting to get re-elected? Because more people actually voting threatens Republicans. (his words)

Report: Post Office warns 46 states about mail voting delays
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ys/ar-BB17YBpI

Hey I'm not asking you anything hard, like defining something. I know you are too lazy for that.

Seems like expressing some concern about actively destroying democracy to cling to power is too much as well. Coward.
    Lie followed by ad hom. Typical RG, the math wizard.

DMC doesn't give a about democracy or its destruction, even though once upon a time he took an oath to.
    Reagan was in office when I took the oath.

Military service good now.

Lazy both-sidesing with no substance. Plenty of libs would rip Obama for doing the same thing. You're projecting your own cheerleading/cowardice.
    Not plenty here. I did say "here". calling someone a coward behind a pseudonym and a monitor. Real brave.

Pizza coupons must be stopped!
    That's enough reason right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the short substanceless responses from the conservatives ITT and their refusal to engage on the subject tells you all you need to know. Even when they have no way to defend something Trump is doing, they just tune it out and pretend it's not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    calling you a coward isn't ad hom

claiming that your argument is wrong because you are a coward would be ad hom

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Time to get this movement going full steam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fwiw, a former RNC Chair, Mike Duncan, currently chairs the USPS Board of Governors:

In 2018 federal disclosure filings during his confirmation, Duncan listed himself as the current chairman of the Senate Leadership Fund -- a $100 million Senate-focused Republican super PAC whose 2020 electoral goals could hinge on vote-by-mail systems during the coronavirus pandemic. Duncan was listed as a director of the Senate Leadership Fund in an annual report the super PAC filed in Virginia in August 2019. CNN reported in January 2020 that the Republican effort to retain the Senate includes “McConnell's super PAC, the Senate Leadership Fund, which is helmed by Mike Duncan, the former RNC chairman and a Kentuckian.”

“Outside of government service, he served as Chairman of the Republican National Committee from 2007 to 2009,” Duncan’s official USPS biography notes. “As RNC Chairman, he raised an unprecedented $428 million and grew the donor base to 1.8 million -- more donors than at any time in RNC history.”

The biography also says “Duncan was also President and CEO of the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity,” which represents the coal industry that Trump has sought to bolster.
    https://sirota.substack.com/p/trumps...e-chairman-has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In his statement to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Duncan wrote that he had been “advised that it is the Postal Service's position that an appearance of impropriety may be created by my holding any financial interests in its compe ors,” including Amazon. As a result, Duncan pledged to divest his Amazon holdings, which he said he had acquired through a “profit sharing plan.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's an interesting point, and an interesting thread with pretty good conversation. Orin Kerr used to blog at Volokh Conspiracy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a side point really. I mentioned it because I thought there was a cons utional mandate. There may not be. But Congress is given the power to create a Post Office, and having done that --as pointed out in the comments --I don't really see how it's the President's to up because he's scared he might lose.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 08-15-2020 at 09:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20% of Americans receive their medicine exclusively through the mail

http://www.ncpa.co/adherence/Adheren...tCard_Full.pdf
    bimp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (showing from the proponents of Postal reform has been notably weak ITT)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't do mail in ballots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is basically saying democracy is for s
    USPS = democracy now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the short substanceless responses from the conservatives ITT and their refusal to engage on the subject tells you all you need to know. Even when they have no way to defend something Trump is doing, they just tune it out and pretend it's not happening.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USPS = democracy now
    死ね

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't do mail in ballots.
    lol cheering on the Vandals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG not the postal service! Who's going to deliver my neighbor's mail to my house now?
    OMG, if Trump can screw up the mail in Philadelphia, maybe he can steal Pwnnsylvania.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's a side point really. I mentioned it because I thought there was a cons utional mandate. There may not be. But Congress is given the power to create a Post Office, and having done that --as pointed out in the comments --I don't really see how it's the President's to up because he's scared he might lose.
    Congress exercised that power, tbh...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No offense, you guys talk about a cons ution that doesn’t exist anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information