Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Cowboy isn’t bothered.
    None of them are.

They're all pieces of who only want Democracy when it helps their party.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're now removing mailboxes in Oregon:
    https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/08/1...nd-and-eugene/

This is ing insane. Anyone who isn't bothered by this is a piece of .
    I wouldn't be so fast to jump to conclusions.

But those mailboxes aren’t being picked up because of Trump’s recent statements, USPS spokesperson Ernie Swanson tells Eugene Weekly. The Postal Service is picking up mailboxes because people are apparently mailing less during the pandemic. In Eugene, the Postal Service has targeted areas where there are multiple mailboxes and ensured there are one or two mailboxes left behind.
    Swanson adds that the decision is made to remove mailboxes when mail carriers noticed there are fewer than 40 or 50 items in a mailbox for several days in a row.
    http://www.eugeneweekly.com/2020/08/...ene-mailboxes/

This makes sense.

I'm not really too worried about mailboxes being removed due to lack of use or whatever. I'm more concerned about the lack of funding that affects more than just mail in ballots regardless of if you drop your mail in one of these mail boxes or go to the post office yourself.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is just unraveling now.

Thanks to Trump's incompetency, this could be sorted out soon, making Trump fold....again.
    They were planning this way before DeJoy was appointed. They started planning as soon as they found out how bad the pandemic was going to be.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Normally I don't care this much, but I'm joining a protest tomorrow in my area about what's going on with the USPS.

I encourage everyone else who cares about this to check and do the same if one is happening in your zip code.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

This makes sense.

I'm not really too worried about mailboxes being removed due to lack of use or whatever. I'm more concerned about the lack of funding that affects more than just mail in ballots regardless of if you drop your mail in one of these mail boxes or go to the post office yourself.
    Let me know when mailboxes are removed from rural areas full of sister ing Trump supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This makes sense.

so they are removing mailboxes because they've had less mail traffic in recent months... while they also full well know there are going to be a load of ballots being mailed in november. are they going to bring them all back by then?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this administration can continually do things like this and maintain 80%+ approval rating among Republicans is Exhibit A on why that cancerous party needs to ing die. If you still approve of everything you're seeing here (and I recognize that some people are just politically unaware), you're an unamerican piece of .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If Obama was president and mail boxes were being removed from Harrison Arkansas near where the KKK is headquartered, Fox News would be calling for Obama's head with all kinds of conspiracy theories. Trump has done absolutely nothing to deserve being given the benefit of the doubt on thinks like mail box removal.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If y'all think the riots are bad now...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If y'all think the riots are bad now...
    This is something worth rioting over. Cocaine Mitch is an amoral piece of who's only going to break from Trump on it if he sees total outrage from the American public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This makes sense.

I am more worried about the 671 high speed sorting machines that they started taking down in June...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on TSA

You sack of coward, get in here and explain why this is ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so they are removing mailboxes because they've had less mail traffic in recent months... while they also full well know there are going to be a load of ballots being mailed in november. are they going to bring them all back by then?
    Yeah, I'm not buying this.

Looks like they're trying to keep Bullock from flipping the Senate seat.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...-vets-72374343

Conservatives have made it clear they could give two s about Trump sabotaging the USPS to win an election, but what about the part where veterans don't get their meds on time because of delays in delivery? Is veterans dying or being hospitalized because they don't get their medicine what will finally get Conservatives to grow a conscience?

DarrinS, any veterans in your zip code who might be affect by this?
    CosmicCowboy, is making it so veterans go without their medicine part of the reform the USPS needs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more worried about the 671 high speed sorting machines that they started taking down in June...
    For example, yeah.

In the long run, removing mailboxes or keeping them where they are doesn't matter if the damage is being done at the processing center. You can find always find a mailbox somewhere in the city but if the place where they end up has no machines to sort them, well..

I definitely smell massive protests incoming over this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm not buying this.

Be interesting to plot the voting patterns in the areas where those things are being removed...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Conservatives have made it clear they could give two s about Trump sabotaging the USPS to win an election, but what about the part where veterans don't get their meds on time because of delays in delivery? Is veterans dying or being hospitalized because they don't get their medicine what will finally get Conservatives to grow a conscience?

Darrin is 3 Vodka in deep, son. Try him again tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example, yeah.

In the long run, removing mailboxes or keeping them where they are doesn't matter if the damage is being done at the processing center. You can find always find a mailbox somewhere in the city but if the place where they end up has no machines to sort them, well..

Ima gonna be calling Cruz/Cornyn's offices daily about this, starting this evening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

CosmicCowboy, is making it so veterans go without their medicine part of the reform the USPS needs?
    Prolly not.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    For example, yeah.

It's not that simple.

It's election day, you're already running late and your boss is an asshole who loves to fire people for being late. The mailbox you've always used isn't there anymore, and you have no idea where the closest one is. You gonna drive around forever to make sure your ballot is mailed on time, or are you going to get to work to make sure you keep your job?

The premise that everyone has the ability to drive around looking for a mailbox is flawed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man!! This ing president and his supporters don’t have rock bottom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be interesting to plot the voting patterns in the areas where those things are being removed...
    Yeah they know where people voted for Tester in 2018.

https://www.politico.com/election-re...ontana/senate/

Probably need a zip code map to really make a determination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Obama was president and mail boxes were being removed from Harrison Arkansas near where the KKK is headquartered, Fox News would be calling for Obama's head with all kinds of conspiracy theories. Trump has done absolutely nothing to deserve being given the benefit of the doubt on thinks like mail box removal.
    And people here would be celebrating it as a cost saving measure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin is 3 Vodka in deep, son. Try him again tomorrow.
    lightweight

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And people here would be celebrating it as a cost saving measure.
    I guess we won't ever know since it's Trump who's sabotaging the USPS to steal an election, not Obama.

Thread Information