Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you identify as trans racial (on a census or otherwise) if your wife/kids are a different race than you? Even if you don't take those melanin shots, lol.
    Show me any medical or psychological data/research supporting that and I’ll listen

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, even as to the ones who are genuine about being a trans woman, any biological male who wins a female athlete award without any shame or recognition of the physical advantages is a ing loser.

“June Eastwood” isn’t any more of a woman after he/she/whatever dominated a sports compe ion against physically inferior biological women. He’s just an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quite frankly, even as to the ones who are genuine about being a trans woman, any biological male who wins a female athlete award without any shame or recognition of the physical advantages is a ing loser.

“June Eastwood” isn’t any more of a woman after he/she/whatever dominated a sports compe ion against physically inferior biological women. He’s just an asshole.
    She won that award after a second place finish.

This isnt really you saying dems should drop the issue because of any strategic reason, this is just because you disagree with it because trans people are weird and icky

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How many 6’3 250 pound trans college athletes are there?

This isn’t remotely the most important issue to me (I’ve already told you what i think priority issues for the election should be, and the two biggest issues for me personally besides those are climate change and healthcare)... but the fearmongering over Lebron just up and deciding he’s a girl so he can dominate girls basketball in junior high is made up
    I’m not sure what “June Eastwood’s” height and weight are, but I’m willing to bet (insert appropriate pronoun here) has clear and significant physical advantages over whoever the female athlete (insert appropriate pronoun here) beat out for the Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week award.

I agree the Lebron James scenario fear mongering is ridiculous, but this is just an issue of fairness to me. The scenario where a very small number of biological men/trans women either have to compete against biological men or can’t compete at all presents less unfairness than the scenario where allowing that same very small group to compete against biological women ruins the compe ive experience for a much larger group of biological women (let’s not pretend that it wouldn’t be discouraging for a female track and field athlete who busted her ass training for an event to show up to the event only to discover one of the other runners is a biological male who’s going to smoke her no matter how hard she trained).

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    She won that award after a second place finish.

This isnt really you saying dems should drop the issue because of any strategic reason, this is just because you disagree with it because trans people are weird and icky
    Not really. I make fun of trans because the amount of airtime liberals give it (as something that affects only a tiny number of people) is absurd. During the first primary debate Cory Booker at one point said “We need to be concerned about the rights of black sexual transgender people!”...yeah buddy, we’ll get on that when we tackle human rights issues Asian-Latino Hermaphrodites with irritable bowl syndrome and every other oddly specific demographic might face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure what “June Eastwood’s” height and weight are, but I’m willing to bet (insert appropriate pronoun here) has clear and significant physical advantages over whoever the female athlete (insert appropriate pronoun here) beat out for the Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week award.

I agree the Lebron James scenario fear mongering is ridiculous, but this is just an issue of fairness to me. The scenario where a very small number of biological men/trans women either have to compete against biological men or can’t compete at all presents less unfairness than the scenario where allowing that same very small group to compete against biological women ruins the compe ive experience for a much larger group of biological women (let’s not pretend that it wouldn’t be discouraging for a female track and field athlete who busted her ass training for an event to show up to the event only to discover one of the other runners is a biological male who’s going to smoke her no matter how hard she trained).
    You don’t have to speculate on what the pronoun should be. Pronouns are a shorthand of using somebody’s name. Somebody with a feminine name would be called she, etc.

There are something like 150-200 trans ncaa athletes but naturally attention goes to the small handful that are excelling.

at some point a lot of this stuff becomes arbitrary. Should they have made a separate black nba because they were too good for whites? Should Lebron have been banned from high school ball because he was born with athletic advantages? The advantage lebron had over other boys far outweighed whatever advantage this June Eastwood person does.

If it can be demonstrated that trans athletes are ruining sports with any meaningful data we can discuss it. In the meantime this is a population with an astronomically high suicide rate where the single best way found to reduce that is strong support from family, showing that this is a a result of social stigma and their not being able to enjoy everyday experiences because they were unfortunate enough to be born with Genital that don’t comport with our socially invented set of expectations of personality and character for people with those genitals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. I make fun of trans because the amount of airtime liberals give it (as something that affects only a tiny number of people) is absurd. During the first primary debate Cory Booker at one point said “We need to be concerned about the rights of black sexual transgender people!”...yeah buddy, we’ll get on that when we tackle human rights issues Asian-Latino Hermaphrodites with irritable bowl syndrome and every other oddly specific demographic might face.
    i agree that booker bringing that up was cringe inducing... just like kamala harping on and on about getting trump banned from twitter when everybody else in the room was talking about adult issues

Is a trans woman a woman?
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-13-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me any medical or psychological data/research supporting that and I’ll listen
    Medically, obviously not. Living 40 years and even exchanging DNA through french kissing, sexual intercourse and the like does not change one's race because, even though you are what you consume to an extent, the individual's original genome controls mitosis, which is cell/DNA replication and division. So we can rule out the idea of having large amounts of physical/very intimate contact and exchanging of temporary DNA with someone of a different race can actually medically change the race of the individual.

Meiosis on the other hand is a complicated process, because the zygote formed by, say, a white man's sperm and a black woman's egg, does in fact create an individual that is a race of his/her own, sharing characteristics of both his/her parents. While the generic result is "mixed", the fact is that most of us are already mixed to some degree in some way. What are the odds otherwise?

The key is psychological. Also, external factors like, financials, what kind of neighborhood (downtown vs. dogtown vs. suburban/poshtown vs. rural) do you live in, whose extended family is more involved in their and/or their kids' lives, etc. What kind of culture(s) they are exposed to, music scenes, school quality and racial/ethic/socioeconomic makeup, etc. All of that can factor in to determining the psychological aspect of racial / ethnic iden y.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You don’t have to speculate on what the pronoun should be. Pronouns are a shorthand of using somebody’s name. Somebody with a feminine name would be called she, etc.
    Sorry but a lot of trans people want to be referred to as "they" and "them".

There are something like 150-200 trans ncaa athletes but naturally attention goes to the small handful that are excelling.
    How many are competing against other women? I have no issue with trans athletes competing in the men's league.

at some point a lot of this stuff becomes arbitrary. Should they have made a separate black nba because they were too good for whites? Should Lebron have been banned from high school ball because he was born with athletic advantages? The advantage lebron had over other boys far outweighed whatever advantage this June Eastwood person does.
    This is a ridiculous slippery slope. A sports league dedicated to women who compete against other biological women isn't something new.

If it can be demonstrated that trans athletes are ruining sports with any meaningful data we can discuss it.
    Lets start with whoever would have won the award June (transgender people always pick the stupidest first names) won over a hardworking female athlete who didn't have the advantage of higher testosterone levels.

In the meantime this is a population with an astronomically high suicide rate where the single best way found to reduce that is strong support from family, showing that this is a a result of social stigma and their not being able to enjoy everyday experiences because they were unfortunate enough to be born with Genital that don’t comport with our socially invented set of expectations of personality and character for people with those genitals
    It's not just genitals, it's size/build/etc. Hate to break it to you, but life is always going to be difficult for a woman with the physical appearance of a man and visa versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i agree that booker bringing that up was cringe inducing... just like kamala harping on and on about getting trump banned from twitter when everybody else in the room was talking about adult issues

No. A trans woman is the third category; non-binary.

If anything, have sports be 3 categories... men's, women's, and other/non binary's.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I don't give enough of a to care. Take the bathroom for instance, when I'm in a public restroom it has never dawned on me to check the gender of everyone else there. I take a piss, wash my hands and leave. If trans people want to use the same public restroom as me, go for it. Not even sure why it needed a law.

Quite honestly I think trans has filled the void left by gay marriage that establishment Dems focus on so they can avoid talking about things like single payer healthcare and out of control defense spending. Americans view the Republican party as the party more equipped to handle the economy even though the last two Republican presidential terms have ended/will end with double digit unemployment, and spending disproportionate time harping on like this feeds those misconceptions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he also a catholic priest?
    The Catholic Priest is being usurped by politicians and celebrities as the pedophile monsters of the times. Get as much juice out of this while you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but a lot of trans people want to be referred to as "they" and "them".
    gotcha... though every article i pulled after after june eastwood was brought up ITT referred to her as a she

How many are competing against other women? I have no issue with trans athletes competing in the men's league.
    might be good information to have before being so worried about it, tbh

This is a ridiculous slippery slope. A sports league dedicated to women who compete against other biological women isn't something new.
    and if the concern over trans women competing is inherent athletic advantages, it's not that slippery

Lets start with whoever would have won the award June (transgender people always pick the stupidest first names) won over a hardworking female athlete who didn't have the advantage of higher testosterone levels.
    the implication being that June wasn't hard working? from what ive read, june was a champion track runner in high school among boys and on that merit became a college track runner. had to stop competing for 15 months while undergoing hormone treatment. i havent kept up with june eastwoods track career (first heard that name today) to know what's been happening since

It's not just genitals, it's size/build/etc.
    but you dont determine somebody's sex by looking at their shoulder breadth and height. for a child in their early teens, the differences are largely negligible, for instance.

Hate to break it to you, but life is always going to be difficult for a woman with the physical appearance of a man and visa versa.
    i have no doubt about that

it will be... because they are still stigmatized. it was a lot harder to be a gay person 40 years ago than it is now, because people warmed up to them. their suicide rates have seen a drastic drop as well.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    i have no doubt about that

it will be... because they are still stigmatized. it was a lot harder to be a gay person 40 years ago than it is now, because people warmed up to them. their suicide rates have seen a drastic drop as well.
    The fact I wouldn't be physically attracted to a woman with broad shoulders and a gigantic Adam's Apple bulge has all to do with stigma. You can't actually be serious.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No, but doctors do that when you get your physical.

Were you on the gymnastics team at Michigan State? That would explain you being so angry at the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. A trans woman is the third category; non-binary.

If anything, have sports be 3 categories... men's, women's, and other/non binary's.
    somebody who identifies as a woman is by definition binary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact I wouldn't be physically attracted to a woman with broad shoulders and a gigantic Adam's Apple bulge has all to do with stigma. You can't actually be serious.
    i'm not talking about sexual attraction, i'm talking about everyday life. the high rates of suicidality among that population isn't because they aren't getting laid

whats funny about this is that without your knowing, you've probably been attracted to a woman who was actually trans. they're not all like the black hooker from 40 year old virgin
    Last edited by spurraider21; 08-13-2020 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give enough of a to care. Take the bathroom for instance, when I'm in a public restroom it has never dawned on me to check the gender of everyone else there. I take a piss, wash my hands and leave. If trans people want to use the same public restroom as me, go for it. Not even sure why it needed a law.

Quite honestly I think trans has filled the void left by gay marriage that establishment Dems focus on so they can avoid talking about things like single payer healthcare and out of control defense spending. Americans view the Republican party as the party more equipped to handle the economy even though the last two Republican presidential terms have ended/will end with double digit unemployment, and spending disproportionate time harping on like this feeds those misconceptions.
    Yeah, MIT a few years back incorporated gender-neutral community bathrooms (with showers, sort of like a locker room) in their dorm halls. Still I believe they only pair the same gender for roommates in double rooms, but the halls and even suites are completely co-ed there. Not sure what other colleges have followed them, I may recall reading that Oberlin might have at some point. Honestly, who cares about bathrooms and locker rooms and showers? Just because you have co-ed public bathrooms and showers doesn't mean that the girls are going to be raped or sex-related crimes in general would increase. So having completely gender-neutral bathrooms is a much easier way to fix the "trans" issue than having to have 3 separate bathrooms/shower rooms. I agree that people should stop being so puritanical and prudish. The idea of incidentally or accidentally seeing someone partially or fully naked does not mean someone is going to get molested or assaulted! Jeez.

Not to mention, the one in their pants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    somebody who identifies as a woman is by definition binary
    What is the sex on their birth certificate, when they were born in the hospital? That is their binary sex, and only possible binary sex for life.

They have but one other option: a sex change (self-funded, not by taxpayer dollars btw), and thus a change to identifying as the opposite sex; however, they are now part of the 3rd category, which includes anyone who is not both currently AND born (M) or (F).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, MIT a few years back incorporated gender-neutral community bathrooms (with showers, sort of like a locker room) in their dorm halls. Still I believe they only pair the same gender for roommates in double rooms, but the halls and even suites are completely co-ed there. Not sure what other colleges have followed them, I may recall reading that Oberlin might have at some point. Honestly, who cares about bathrooms and locker rooms and showers? Just because you have co-ed public bathrooms and showers doesn't mean that the girls are going to be raped or sex-related crimes in general would increase. So having completely gender-neutral bathrooms is a much easier way to fix the "trans" issue than having to have 3 separate bathrooms/shower rooms. I agree that people should stop being so puritanical and prudish. The idea of incidentally or accidentally seeing someone partially or fully naked does not mean someone is going to get molested or assaulted! Jeez.
    or you could just continue having 2 bathrooms and people will choose the one they prefer or identify with as they always had, even before laws were put into place.

rape is still illegal. the meme of grown man walking up to the bathroom saying "HUR DUR IM A GIRL NOW" and then raping the girls in the bathroom isnt born out by any statistic

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    the meme of grown man walking up to the bathroom saying "HUR DUR IM A GIRL NOW" and then raping the girls in the bathroom isnt born out by any statistic
    Yeah that one was ridiculous. Pretty sure if a rapist wants to go after a girl who's in the restroom, the sign that says "girls only" isn't going to be much of a deterrent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is the sex on their birth certificate, when they were born in the hospital? That is their binary sex, and only possible binary sex for life.

They have but one other option: a sex change (self-funded, not by taxpayer dollars btw), and thus a change to identifying as the opposite sex; however, they are now part of the 3rd category, which includes anyone who is not both currently AND born (M) or (F).
    now you're changing from sex to gender. nobody "identifies as the opposite sex"

the gender binary is identifying as a man or woman.

sex isn't even really a binary (though it is bimodal), and that refers generally to what genitals you have and/or your chromosomes. there are fringe cases there too, people born with XXY, XYY, X. there are people with XX who develop male parts, and people with XY who develop female parts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or you could just continue having 2 bathrooms and people will choose the one they prefer or identify with as they always had, even before laws were put into place.

rape is still illegal. the meme of grown man walking up to the bathroom saying "HUR DUR IM A GIRL NOW" and then raping the girls in the bathroom isnt born out by any statistic
    Just make all bathrooms gender independent, problem solved.

Rape will always be illegal, and the idea that women should have to fear that just because there are men in the restroom eliminating waste/doing their business at the same time as the females, is absurd. And the idea of men freaking out over seeing a tampon or pad in the waste basket? Get over it, grow up, this isn't the 16th century.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just make all bathrooms gender independent, problem solved.

Rape will always be illegal, and the idea that women should have to fear that just because there are men in the restroom eliminating waste/doing their business at the same time as the females, is absurd. And the idea of men freaking out over seeing a tampon or pad in the waste basket? Get over it, grow up, this isn't the 16th century.
    people also go to certain bathrooms because there's a level of comfort. i dont go to the men's bathroom because i'm afraid of getting raped by women. if somebody is trans, early on during that they'll probably still go to the same bathroom they always had, until they start feeling more and more affirmed in their iden y, and will eventually start using the other one.

its really not a big deal. nobody does a genital check at the bathroom door. it hasn't been a problem to date. no problem with having the 2 restrooms. some places like starbucks have space for a single unisex bathroom, thats obviously fine too.

but no it doesnt make sense to have a single large unisex restroom... women dont want to walk in and see dudes on urinals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    now you're changing from sex to gender. nobody "identifies as the opposite sex"

the gender binary is identifying as a man or woman.

sex isn't even really a binary (though it is bimodal), and that refers generally to what genitals you have and/or your chromosomes. there are fringe cases there too, people born with XXY, XYY, X. there are people with XX who develop male parts, and people with XY who develop female parts.
    the XXY, XYY, XXXY etc hermaphrodite cases would of course be listed as "other", say "X" at birth. In which case they are already born into the third category I've been talking about all along, and are therefore set for life in the third category of non-binary.

Three categories
    (M) for life
    (F) for life
    (X) - Non binary, either at birth or changed sex/gender iden y at any point in life.

Thread Information