Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel for the players.. this was on pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unlike other franchises they don't stay down. They pulled a rabitt out a hat with Kawhi. I'll bet they do it again in the next draft.
    They already pulled one out... It was Keldon. Cant wait to unleash him against Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel for the players.. this was on pop.
    Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are not that good of a team. But they are better than they showed. poop is the reason for the underperformance. poop should be gone

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    St. Louis Spurs

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since the Spurs joined the NBA, they've made the playoffs something like 90% of the time. In the last 30 years, they've been in the playoffs 29 of those time, this being year number 31. But the idiot above me thinks we are going to be relocated.
    Depends on if the city can support losing seasons. No more Tim Duncan who was directly responsible for the playoff record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on if the city can support losing seasons. No more Tim Duncan who was directly responsible for the playoff record.
    I think the future of the franchise in SA will all come down to whether they get a new arena in the future. Even though the lease was extended with the 100 plus million in renovations to the AT&T center, they will want a new arena at some point. If it is voted down they will relocate to a city that gives them what they want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see them moving. My home team the Hornets have been trash for a long time and with poor attendance but they are not going anywhere. It's not really that easy to relocate as you make it sound. There are very few new markets to move into.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the future of the franchise in SA will all come down to whether they get a new arena in the future. Even though the lease was extended with the 100 plus million in renovations to the AT&T center, they will want a new arena at some point. If it is voted down they will relocate to a city that gives them what they want.
    Only 5 teams in the last 10 years have gotten new NBA arenas. The Pistons,Kings,Bucks,Magic,Warriors. 5 of those teams prior to getting their new arenas were playing in old arenas that had been around since the 80's so they were due for a new Arena. The Warriors had been in Oracle since the 70's. The rest of the league had updated their arenas during the 90's and 00's. I don't see any other new arenas being built any times soon for the 26 other franchises. The only franchise I can think of right now is the Knicks with the Garden being real old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 5 teams in the last 10 years have gotten new NBA arenas. The Pistons,Kings,Bucks,Magic,Warriors. 5 of those teams prior to getting their new arenas were playing in old arenas that had been around since the 80's so they were due for a new Arena. The Warriors had been in Oracle since the 70's. The rest of the league had updated their arenas during the 90's and 00's. I don't see any other new arenas being built any times soon for the 26 other franchises. The only franchise I can think of right now is the Knicks with the Garden being real old.
    i think the Nets got a new arena in the past 10 years too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think the Nets got a new arena in the past 10 years too.
    You are right I forgot to include the Nets. The Knicks are the only team I can see during this decade that could get a new arena but I don't see anybody else getting one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right I forgot to include the Nets. The Knicks are the only team I can see during this decade that could get a new arena but I don't see anybody else getting one.
    it does seem that the trend in the NBA is 100 million plus renovations to arenas. I think that Phoenix agreed to a $300 million arena renovation. When I lived in Minneapolis there was talk of a new arena but they did a renovation of the target center instead.
    Last edited by TXstbobcat; 08-15-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    They recently spent a billion to renovate MSG so I don't think it's going anywhere, though the NY city council did vote to have it torn down by 2023. Dolan will probably get another 10 year extension, especially with Covid putting most cities into debt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it does seem that the trend in the NBA is 100 million plus renovations to arenas. I think that Phoenix agreed to a $300 million arena renovation. When I lived in Minneapolis there was talk of a new arena but they did a renovation of the target center instead.
    My home team the Hornets did a 28 million renovation of their arena about a year ago. Renovations to arenas like you said seem to be the new trend right now.

Thread Information