Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget about salaries, positions, etc., who would you keep and drop from the roster going into next year?

Keep
    White
    Johnson
    Walker
    Eubanks
    Sandwich
    Metu
    Mills
    Weatherspoon

Drop
    Forbes
    Gay
    Murray
    Bellynelly
    Poetl
    Derozan
    Aldridge
    Lyles

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its not about money id also keep poeltl and gay. drop metu. The rest seems ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is absolute trash bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I factually don’t mind DDR for one more year. Him and Kj play well together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is gonna be here next year whether you like it or not. He’s opting in. Could potentially be traded before the deadline if there’s a team desperate enough.

Patty is Pop’s pet and will likely be a Spur for life.

Poeltl, despite his shortcomings, needs to be re-signed so long as it’s on a friendly deal. Functional 7-footers don’t grow on trees and we gave away our franchise player to get him.

Marco is likely gone.

Metu is trash and should be gone but he’ll likely still be here as we don’t have any better options as of yet and little money to spend in FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter. The west is stacked next year - Spurs will finish last.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep Murray,poerlt, Lyles,...maybe move Metu to a two way deal if he is willing.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By the way, if Keldon is not starting at the beginning of the season, I'm burning this site down

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    at keeping Metu but dropping Jakob. I dislike the soft Austrian as much as the next guy but he's a decent defender and Spurs have no depth at C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure Forbes and Belli.. and Mills with spot minutes. I still think they can push the Aldridge, Demar and Gay but now with the right athletic talent around who plays defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop:
    Forbes
    Belinelli
    Lyles
    Metu

Keep:
    White
    Keldon
    Walker
    Samanic
    Eubanks
    Weatherspoon
    Aldridge
    Poeltl

Move if the return is right:

Mills
    Gay
    DeRozan
    Murray

Pay him but let him play for the Rockets:
    Demarre Carroll
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 08-13-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Metu is not too bad, but needs to accept a role where all he does is grab boards and play defense. Too bad his basketball IQ is an issue.

I’m on the fence Murray to be honest. Not sure what happened in the bubble. I was expecting a bigger impact from him. He needs to work on his ball handling and decision making.

Walker stays. He needs to figure out his role and not be so indecisive. He needs to work on his jumper a little more, ball handling, and learn the defense a little better.

Gay should stay. He played great, but could’ve been playing like he did as an audition for another team. He is not too bad as a 4.

Derozan is not bad. His 4th quarter play in the bubble was off the charts. He put the team on his back and led them. Don’t extend him though unless it’s a friendly deal, which I doubt he’ll take.

Aldridge is a good piece to keep because he can spread the floor and can give you around 20 a night.

I’d keep Lyles. He is a smart player and showed flashes of being a solid role player who can stretch the floor.
    If it were me I would say bye to Marco, Forbes, and Mills.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a culture guy. He'll stay and has another year on his contract. Metu is done. Forbes and Belli should be gone to make room for the youngsters in the backcourt. White and Keldon are obvious keepers. Keep Jakob too assuming he doesn't overvalue himself. Drew is cheap and would be a fine backup big. Try to shop Mah Touches and Dumbar for anything of value. Use Murray as a sweetener if need be. Gay should have some value in the league among the contenders looking to improve their bench. A late 1st should be possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have problems with Beli, Mills or even Forbes if Popovich wasn't so adamant about giving those guys prominent roles on the team. But he can't help himself... so naturally I want to get rid of them. And DDR too. Too many chefs in the kitchen with LMA coming back. I just want the young guys to grow and not get DDR's career loser mentality. is contagious.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs can keep one of LMA or DD, but definitely not both. I respect the work LMA put in to drag this sorry team to the playoffs the last two years, but trading him this offseason would be for the best. If DeRozan opts in, then you keep him and hopefully he shows out and you trade him to a contender at the deadline. If not then play it out. If he wants to resign on a team friendly deal and plays the role he did in the bubble, i would not mind keeping him at 14-18 mil a season. Anything more than that, no thanks. I just think LA takes up too many possessions on offense, and we can probably replace his D more easily than Demar's O. I wouldn't care if DeRozan left though or if Spurs S&T him in the off season. Rudy is another guy I wouldn't mind for like 7-9 mil a year but he'll want more than that and Pop will play him too much. Murray probably needs to go, but i'd give him one more season

Keep:

White
    Johnson
    Poeltl
    Walker
    Lyles (since he'll be cheap)
    Mills (you know he isn't going anywhere anyway)
    Maybe DeRozan

Drop:
    FORBES!!!!!
    Marco
    Aldridge
    Gay
    Metu

Indifferent:

QW
    Eubanks
    Murray (wouldn't be upset if he were traded)
    Samanic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah Eubanks has gotta go.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    what sucks is you know Lillard could totally make Portland trade for LMA, but they have Nurkic, so I doubt he would want to anyway i would much prefer to have him or Collins instead of LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar played well in the bubble.
    WE have to consider that he played all season next to Forbes (limited shooter/scorer, no defense whatsoever, doesn't pass), and Murray (limited offensive player who lacks court vision) and he was still individually an effective offensive player.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This restart was preseason to every team not battling for the 8 and 9 seeds. Spurs, Suns, Blazers didn't all of a sudden get good. I wouldn't read too much into these 8 games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dropping Murray?? Dude just signed a 4yrs contract....he ain't leaving. Allow him to have regular offseason, no inuries, rehab,,etc. Dude's only heading his 3rd year of actually playing with the big squad...peeps forget that it took Ingram 3+ year to breakout. Not saying Murray is going to break out like Ingram but give him a chance. Also get him in a wiight room.

DD and LA aren't going anywhere, til the mid season. But i do think that LA might need to take a step back on offene, similar to Gasol did with Tronto.

Bring Gay back, seemed like he actually enjoyed playing with the younger guy and that pase felt it worked for him

Eubank defiently deserves a back up back up role, that could come in when needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drop Forbes, Belinelli and Metu. Keep the rest of the squad

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Dropping Murray?? Dude just signed a 4yrs contract....he ain't leaving. Allow him to have regular offseason, no inuries, rehab,,etc. Dude's only heading his 3rd year of actually playing with the big squad...peeps forget that it took Ingram 3+ year to breakout. Not saying Murray is going to break out like Ingram but give him a chance. Also get him in a wiight room.

DD and LA aren't going anywhere, til the mid season. But i do think that LA might need to take a step back on offene, similar to Gasol did with Tronto.

Bring Gay back, seemed like he actually enjoyed playing with the younger guy and that pase felt it worked for him

Eubank defiently deserves a back up back up role, that could come in when needed.
    Murray's garbage handles are indicative of a poor work ethic. Combine that with his mediocre bball iq and you have someone who probably won't ever get any better than he is right now.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Normally, I'd definitely like to keep Murray around, but I know if he's on the roster, he's likely taking minutes away from Keldon. What absolutely must happen next year is a White-Johnson starting backcourt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's garbage handles are indicative of a poor work ethic. Combine that with his mediocre bball iq and you have someone who probably won't ever get any better than he is right now.

All of our young guys have bad handles and tunnel vison, expect Keldon (which he can also improve). Like i said, let they get regular offseason and work out these issue and than come back for the next season. These guy are still young and there no point in giving up on them right now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally, I'd definitely like to keep Murray around, but I know if he's on the roster, he's likely taking minutes away from Keldon. What absolutely must happen next year is a White-Johnson starting backcourt.

Keldon is more 2- small ball 4. Murray also isn't the only one that going to take mins away from Keldon, you got white, lonnie, dd, trey, and gay. I do beleive that Keldon will be a focus point next year. would not be surprised if he take someonce's spot. On that note, both Murray and Walker need to step it up, theyt got guys behind them ready to take them over. This could also be good thing for them.

Thread Information