Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I forgot about Gay but I hope he's gone too. When he's relied on and when he's getting too many minutes, he's a terrible player (kind of like Forbes).

Toppin is bad on defense and I've said that in the past, but I think under Pop and being drafted by the Spurs will maybe shift his focus to defense when he's working on his game. Toppin is definitely a PF in the NBA.
    He's just 6'9" but has a 7'2" wingspan (better than Poeltl), is huge (strong) and is a human pogo. Pair all that with the fact he's a bit slow footed when trying to move laterally and he has all the making of a center in today's NBA, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While he was on strike, mute cancer said he was going to finish his career with the Spurs. Players talk out of their asses all th time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basically, they don't have cap space, and they're in danger of paying the tax just because of people's salaries going up. They could stay under without redoing DeRozan's deal, but it would require letting Forbes and Beli go, cutting Metu and choosing between Lyles and Poeltl, while making zero moves to take advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. It's definitely possible, but the margin is so thin that if the Spurs win the lottery, they'd be in the tax.
    I agree with what you say, I just don't think the spurs care very much about taking advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. The playoff streak is over, and Derozan/Gay/Aldridge are not taking you anywhere. Extending any of those guys cuts into your future cap space, and I am somebody who thinks it was set up by design that even if they opt in Derozan, Gay, Aldridge, and Patty contracts all expire in the same season or if they opt out over 2 seasons. That is 78 million off the books over the next two seasons. Depending on service time of the player you are trying to get, that is two max contracts. Now who even knows if the Spurs can get a max player to even come here, history says no, but I feel like the front office would rather go down that route than to pay Derozan. I feel like the writing was on the wall in the bubble where he was pretty much shoe horned into playing small ball 4 because Pop made the number 1 priority getting Lonnie and Keldon minutes as well as making white and murray play with each other as much as possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would've been nice to give DeRozan a fair shot by letting him play alongside the perimeter guys he played with in the bubble for a whole season. I think the team gets into the playoffs easily, the future looks just as bright, and extending him becomes an easier decision to make.

I also think spurfan wouldn't be as harsh on him. Not even Nephew himself couldve won with Forms, Beli, and Wombat dragging him down.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    A pass-first and 4th quarter DeMar is a valuable player... And if he's bought in as being a mentor? He's not so bad...

please, y'all need to stop with this demar as a mentor shït.

keldon should be mentoring demar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was never a question tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasn't that Drew Carey saying, but, but, but LMA has chemistry issues with everyone including DDR.

ing dunce of a poster.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pretty pleased with Demar in the bubble. I don’t hate this. I know I’m one of the few on here who doesn’t mind him.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn't confirmed until it is confirmed, lol. What do you expect him to say? While he make in-fact opt in this comment alone means nothing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could definitely see the two sides have agreed to a deal by now.

Basically here's a Capulator link to what such an off-season might look like: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...d0800068351062

Remember, the tax lux is projected to be the same as this year, so the Spurs are JUST under due to those transactions. Also I put Saric in there because he's probably the best forward on the market that may have to settle for the MLE.
    Thanks for that. Wow that DeMarre Carroll horrible deal.
    :-( Get out from the Pau dead salary to get on this dead salary...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    RJ was set to make $15 mil. he opted out and resigned for 4 years / $39 million.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs have to be less inclined to move demar after the bubble...

hopefully other teams were watching him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome back DeMar!

My jersey is still wearable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plz no... Both him and LMA needs to get gone ASAP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was pretty pleased with Demar in the bubble. I don’t hate this. I know I’m one of the few on here who doesn’t mind him.
    Was always a fan, considering how ed we were with Kawhi broadcasting he wanted to leave and basically broadcasting he would make his way home to LA.

Now if we had moved earlier in the season and pitched Kawhi for Dame+CJ to the Blazers, that would have been the 200IQ move (that I called when Kawhi was bull ting an injury throughout Nov/Dec).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While he was on strike, mute cancer said he was going to finish his career with the Spurs. Players talk out of their asses all th time.
    Yeah but that was super obviously fake. He even said it with a studder. All while His Camp was clearly hiding things from the FO, who wanted to shut him down for the season since he was complaining endlessly about his Thigh Owie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we need a pandemic and half the teams not giving a for DDR to look halfway decent?and this is what will win us a championship? gtfoh...hasn't his entire career been proof enough? He was a failure on a better team in the east...Get him out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I forgot about Gay but I hope he's gone too. When he's relied on and when he's getting too many minutes, he's a terrible player (kind of like Forbes).

Toppin is bad on defense and I've said that in the past, but I think under Pop and being drafted by the Spurs will maybe shift his focus to defense when he's working on his game. Toppin is definitely a PF in the NBA.

Agree about Gay. Nice guy buy about as TOSB as TOSB gets. Like Beli, should have been out of the NBA years ago. A young dude like Keldon or Metu could easily be getting minutes in his stead and learning a ton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we need a pandemic and half the teams not giving a for DDR to look halfway decent?and this is what will win us a championship? gtfoh...hasn't his entire career been proof enough? He was a failure on a better team in the east...Get him out!
    He was a halfway decent micro ball center (like Houston started playing with Harden pre COVID). It may be a way to hide him, if we somehow trade LMA and go micro ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way DeMar opts in with teams like the Knicks/Magic willing to offer him 4/100-120.

DeMar played himself into a lucrative market this summer if he wants to opt out. He will be the most attractive UFA this summer, or one of the best. There is no way he jeopardizes this opportunity by opting in and pushing FA back another year when injuries/regression can factor into lessening his value and money.

If Spurs want to keep him, it will take them matching what Knicks/Magic or any other team offer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good info. Bubble results were encouraging, so let see this roster next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs will resign DeRozan for 3-years and make sure their cap space is ed until 2024. Remember they also supposedly had cap space once the Tony Parker contract came off the books and then gave that money to Pau Gasol and 50 Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would've been nice to give DeRozan a fair shot by letting him play alongside the perimeter guys he played with in the bubble for a whole season. I think the team gets into the playoffs easily, the future looks just as bright, and extending him becomes an easier decision to make.

I also think spurfan wouldn't be as harsh on him. Not even Nephew himself couldve won with Forms, Beli, and Wombat dragging him down.
    I'm pretty sure the 7 games DDR played in the bubble were much more enjoyable then the pre-covid part of this season. He just looked a lot better. Not talking about stats, just the way he played. I actually wanted the ball in his hands at the end of these games.

But with that said, not sure how well he would mesh with LMA.
    If we had to choose 1 of the 2 who would we keep, LMA or DDR? I think i'd go with DDR only because of age. LMA has helped us make the playoffs as the main guy but DDR with the bubble players excels a lot more than with Forbes and Mills next to him. We'll see what kind of team the Spurs can put together.

Thread Information