My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and DeMar confirmed going to Portland

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is going to the Nets, Knicks or Orlando. LMA is Portland, or Miami bound if a 3 team trade can be done.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar is going to the Nets, Knicks or Orlando. LMA is Portland, or Miami bound if a 3 team trade can be done.
    With Collins and Nurkic back I do not see anyway that Portland would want LMA. Also wouldn't work salary wise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A deal isn't possible with Portland without Nurkic which they're not giving up. Miami has no picks to trade either, so no trade would be very palatable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A deal isn't possible with Portland without Nurkic which they're not giving up. Miami has no picks to trade either, so no trade would be very palatable.
    I don't get why people here don't understand this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/ DJ/ Q
    Keldon/ Mills/ 2020 MLE player
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Lyles/ Samanic/ 2020 1st rd pick
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised or upset if he did. I still think he wants a long term deal, but could bide his time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as Forbes and belli are gone...Im good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Collins and Nurkic back I do not see anyway that Portland would want LMA. Also wouldn't work salary wise.
    Portland will want whoever Damian wants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, was there a tweet actually saying DeRozan is opting in? I mentioned a while back that DeRozan signing a Jefferson-like contract is a very legit possibility. The Spurs are actually near enough to the tax line in a flat cap that they don't have a good way to improve their roster/replace Beli and Forbes unless they let Lyles go and/or have DeRozan's cap number reduced. I could definitely see them thinking DeMar at $64M/3 or $80M/4 is a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to be clear, was there a tweet actually saying DeRozan is opting in? I mentioned a while back that DeRozan signing a Jefferson-like contract is a very legit possibility. The Spurs are actually near enough to the tax line in a flat cap that they don't have a good way to improve their roster/replace Beli and Forbes unless they let Lyles go and/or have DeRozan's cap number reduced. I could definitely see them thinking DeMar at $64M/3 or $80M/4 is a steal.
    Nah, just basically pointing out the change in tune from DeMar about discussing the future. Last week he wasn't thinking about next season, now he's making statements about "our team" and how he looks forward to it.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    White/ DJ/ Q
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks
    I would really hope if we spend the 2020 MLE it is to get a forward to start next to LA assuming we keep him and not a third string SG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would really hope if we spend the 2020 MLE it is to get a forward to start next to LA assuming we keep him and not a third string SG
    I was thinking about it but I just thought we are cluttered as at the PF spot if we draft another one, and keep both Lyles, Samanic.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I was thinking about it but I just thought we are cluttered as at the PF spot if we draft another one, and keep both Lyles, Samanic.
    Samanic probably still won't play much, and Lyles, assuming we keep him, can play both forward spots or small ball C so there's room for him. we need guys that can interchange between SF/PF more than anything else imo

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, just basically pointing out the change in tune from DeMar about discussing the future. Last week he wasn't thinking about next season, now he's making statements about "our team" and how he looks forward to it.

LMAO. This word "confirmed"? I do not think it means what you think it means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO. This word "confirmed"? I do not think it means what you think it means.
    It was tongue in cheek. Aren't we all used to all the outrageous les of threads on this forum? You're telling me "The Tiny Ripple Brothers" is some great le?

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    terrible news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could definitely see the two sides have agreed to a deal by now.

Basically here's a Capulator link to what such an off-season might look like: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator?...d0800068351062

Remember, the tax lux is projected to be the same as this year, so the Spurs are JUST under due to those transactions. Also I put Saric in there because he's probably the best forward on the market that may have to settle for the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/ DJ/ Q
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks
    Where's Gay? Also, what if we draft someone like Toppin? Do you guys see him playing PF next to Aldridge or would that pair be too slow on lateral quickness for today's NBA?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think the opposite, I think the plan is for them to hoard all that cap space that is going to build up over the end of next season when no matter what Mills, Derozan, LMA, and Gay contracts come off the books, AND the only players they have in line to pay are Derrick and Jakob...Also with how well Keldon played I would think the spurs would be comfortable moving on from Derozan at the 3...which really only leaves him playing as a small ball 4...which is okay for a year but no way you do that for 4 years cause eventually Luka is going to get his change to be the starting 4...Derozan playing major minutes at the 1 or 2 isn't an option anymore because I also fee certain that Dejounte and White will be the starting guards going forward with at least next season Lonnie coming off the bench...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White/ DJ/ Q
    DeMar/ Lonnie
    Aldridge/ Poetl/ Eubanks
    trade Demar for depth in the wing and we’ll have an incredibly deep team in the next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where's Gay? Also, what if we draft someone like Toppin? Do you guys see him playing PF next to Aldridge or would that pair be too slow on lateral quickness for today's NBA?
    Damn, I forgot about Gay but I hope he's gone too. When he's relied on and when he's getting too many minutes, he's a terrible player (kind of like Forbes).

Toppin is bad on defense and I've said that in the past, but I think under Pop and being drafted by the Spurs will maybe shift his focus to defense when he's working on his game. Toppin is definitely a PF in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think the opposite, I think the plan is for them to hoard all that cap space that is going to build up over the end of next season when no matter what Mills, Derozan, LMA, and Gay contracts come off the books, AND the only players they have in line to pay are Derrick and Jakob...Also with how well Keldon played I would think the spurs would be comfortable moving on from Derozan at the 3...which really only leaves him playing as a small ball 4...which is okay for a year but no way you do that for 4 years cause eventually Luka is going to get his change to be the starting 4...Derozan playing major minutes at the 1 or 2 isn't an option anymore because I also fee certain that Dejounte and White will be the starting guards going forward with at least next season Lonnie coming off the bench...
    Basically, they don't have cap space, and they're in danger of paying the tax just because of people's salaries going up. They could stay under without redoing DeRozan's deal, but it would require letting Forbes and Beli go, cutting Metu and choosing between Lyles and Poeltl, while making zero moves to take advantage of the last year of DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge. It's definitely possible, but the margin is so thin that if the Spurs win the lottery, they'd be in the tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade Demar for depth in the wing and we’ll have an incredibly deep team in the next season.
    A pass-first and 4th quarter DeMar is a valuable player... And if he's bought in as being a mentor? He's not so bad...

Thread Information