Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Use Mills sparingly. Use Forbes very sparingly. Maybe don't even play one of them. Frankly, I'd even give some of their minutes to guys like Walker or Cunningham, who can actually play defense. Cut Bertans minutes if he's being dead weight.

White, LMA, Gay, Derozan, Poeltl, Bellinelli are the core six. Don't get cute with your stupid planned rotations regardless of whether it s stuff up, Pop. Again, if you need placeholders to give a blow, go with guys who can actually play defense or put Forbes/Mills in for two minutes max a pop.

All this said, I know Pop gonna do something stupid like give Mills 28 minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derptacular here is the expert on doing something stupid so heed his words here

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cross forum grudge posting.
    Rent free.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' starters have outplayed the Nuggets' starters all series long.

Play White, DeRozan, Aldridge and Poeltl all around 40 minutes and we might pull the upset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 8 guys played tonight, with Mills/Belinelli playing the fewest. Pretty short rotation already

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Play White, DeRozan, Aldridge and Poeltl all around 40 minutes and we might pull the upset.
    Poetl will be in foul trouble, there's no way he'll play anywhere near that much, but I agree..White could be in foul trouble next game, too, all depends on which officiating crew is in Denver and whether they'll allow him to be aggressive, he's been active with his hands..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Use Mills sparingly. Use Forbes very sparingly. Maybe don't even play one of them. Frankly, I'd even give some of their minutes to guys like Walker or Cunningham, who can actually play defense. Cut Bertans minutes if he's being dead weight.

White, LMA, Gay, Derozan, Poeltl, Bellinelli are the core six. Don't get cute with your stupid planned rotations regardless of whether it s stuff up, Pop. Again, if you need placeholders to give a blow, go with guys who can actually play defense or put Forbes/Mills in for two minutes max a pop.

Do people think Cunningham is a good defender? Walker too? Forbes has been fine, without him, this team would be an early 90's team from 3. Mills could stand to play less, though I do like that he has been getting to the rim since his 3 isn't falling.

Pretty much go with 8 again and have White play closer to 36 minutes and Mills 12 and the Spurs will have a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

word

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 8 guys played tonight, with Mills/Belinelli playing the fewest. Pretty short rotation already
    Mills got 25 minutes while missing all seven threes in addition to being his defensive liability self. That not gonna work in Game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl will be in foul trouble, there's no way he'll play anywhere near that much, but I agree..White could be in foul trouble next game, too, all depends on which officiating crew is in Denver and whether they'll allow him to be aggressive, he's been active with his hands..
    surely he won't be dumb 3 times straight, now will he? :/

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people think Cunningham is a good defender? Walker too?
    Compared to Mills and Forbes?

You trying too hard, bruh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills got 25 minutes while missing all seven threes in addition to being his defensive liability self. That not gonna work in Game 7.
    He had 6 assists and some nice finishes inside. So he created quite a few points in that time. That's honestly all we can ask for, his offense has to be stellar to cancel out what happens on D

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop only played 8 players. How short do you want him to go?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had 6 assists and some nice finishes inside. So he created quite a few points in that time. That's honestly all we can ask for, his offense has to be stellar to cancel out what happens on D

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop only played 8 players. How short do you want him to go?
    Speaking of minutes, obviously. man, I put nine or ten in the OP. I'm only trusting 5-7 on the main minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing the starters 40 minutes is going to tire them out and make them less effective on the floor tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope it's shortened but it won't be. Pop will roll with his whole crew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compared to Mills and Forbes?

You trying too hard, bruh.
    Cunnigham isn't a good defender and the team was worse offensively with him on the floor. Walker has hardly played this season and you wanna stick them out there in game 7?

Sounds like you're trying to get Pop to hustle backwards.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To elaborate, Mills got killed on the pick n' roll and Denver guards were made to look like all-stars. Adjustments need to be made. Of course they got away with it in SA. They're not getting away with it in Denver where the role players are feeding off the crowd.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cunnigham isn't a good defender and the team
    Compared to Mills or Forbes?

You tryin' too hard was a figure of speech. You really just going full re . I was being kind before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frankly, I'd even give some of their minutes to guys like ... Cunningham

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed OP. Bench Mills and give DeMar 50mg of Adderall and we're headed to Portland.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing the starters 40 minutes is going to tire them out and make them less effective on the floor tbh.
    LMA sat out the last 15 minutes of Game 5. CIA Pop. He'll be ready to log 40 plus. DDR should get two minute blows and go upper 30's. Consider using guys like Montiejunas in the first half to give bigs blows. But don't over rely on soft Mills and Forbes to get their asses kicked while throwing up bricks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop ain’t changing anything it is the system not the players per par

Thread Information