Magic: DDR, LS
    Spurs: Love, Satoransky, Aaron Gordon, Al-Foruq Aminu

Give who needs draft compensation as necessary

DW, Sato, TJ
    DV, LW4, PM
    KJ, AFA, QW
    AG, RG, TL
    KL, JP, DE

You'd still have Mills, Gay, Lyles and Carroll money coming off the cap, Sato and Aminu will have one year remaining on contract and Lonnie is tradable in the offseason. Extending DW and AG are priority.

These players give you pace, transition, rebounding, passing, 3pt shooting, defensive effort every play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

These players give you pace, transition, rebounding, passing, 3pt shooting, defensive effort every play.
    And on top of that they'll give you high lottery picks in the next 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would trade LMA, DDR, DJM, & LS

Bulls: LMA, DJM
    Cavs: Otto Porter
    Magic: DDR, LS
    Spurs: Love, Satoransky, Aaron Gordon, Al-Foruq Aminu

Give who needs draft compensation as necessary

DW, Sato, TJ
    DV, LW4, PM
    KJ, AFA, QW
    AG, RG, TL
    KL, JP, DE

You'd still have Mills, Gay, Lyles and Carroll money coming off the cap, Sato and Aminu will have one year remaining on contract and Lonnie is tradable in the offseason. Extending DW and AG are priority.

Just need to get something of value for them which isn’t hard to do if they were actually trying which they aren’t.

Lots of options (yes I know the FO won’t actually do anything):
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Zach LaVine/OPJ
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Griffin/Bey/draft pick
    -DDR/Lyles for Gordon/Ross/Okeke
    -DDR/Lyles for Randle/Knox/draft pick
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Collins(~$27M/yr ext)/Hunter/Reddish

could also add Walker to any of these deals if we needed to
    Last edited by Prime BEEF; 12-13-2020 at 10:07 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a shame BOS doesn’t have anything of interest/they’d move bc that TE would be a perfect landing spot for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey did everyone see the spurs signed a guy name Khyri Thomas as well to an exhibit 10 deal, if I remember he was a decent prospect

Edit* I think they waived him for the Austin spurs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a target of the Spurs before for the 2nd round I think

Edit: Recent article talks about him being a 3 and D player. Good shooter, but foot problems the last 2 years.
    Last edited by lmbebo; 12-13-2020 at 02:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just need to get something of value for them which isn’t hard to do if they were actually trying which they aren’t.

Lots of options (yes I know the FO won’t actually do anything):
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Zach LaVine/OPJ
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Griffin/Bey/draft pick
    -DDR/Lyles for Gordon/Ross/Okeke
    -DDR/Lyles for Randle/Knox/draft pick
    -DDR/Murray/Lyles for Collins(~$27M/yr ext)/Hunter/Reddish

could also add Walker to any of these deals if we needed to
    Like the Detroit and Atlanta deals ... LMA needs to moved as well to make room for a Griffin or Collins. I like the Atlanta deal most. You won't get Hunter, but Reddish with Huerter and Collins would be fantastic! Huerter would fit so much more than Murray off the bench! Orlando isn't going to give Okekee. I think Aminu's contract is the price for Gordon!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will there be a Spurs feed for these Houston games? Or will we need to listen to the enemy broadcast team drone on about the Harden drama for 2+ hours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will there be a Spurs feed for these Houston games? Or will we need to listen to the enemy broadcast team drone on about the Harden drama for 2+ hours?

All preseason games will be broadcasted locally here in SA. CW35 is a local channel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-season is officially over. Time to shut this thread down until next off-season.

Let the games reign!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-season is officially over. Time to shut this thread down until next off-season.

Let the games reign!
    Hold it!!

My unrealistic dream is over. Fun while it lasted...

#draftscottiebarnes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hold it!!

My unrealistic dream is over. Fun while it lasted...

#draftscottiebarnes
    LOL Giannis was never going to leave a small market for another small market.

At least he didn't wimp out to go join some superteam and break the NBA for 3 years like KD did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the biased, agenda driven media, who've put on a full court press attempting to influence his decision and get him out of a small, non glamour market, in the hopes that he'd join their precious Mavericks, Warriors, Heat, Raptors, all of whom they're in bed with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him!

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Giannis has signed, the best players in next year's free agency are probably Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo. I don't think the Spurs would have interest in Gobert, having just re-signed Poeltl. Oladipo has major question marks and plays a position the Spurs are kind of set at. The team should look to trade at least a few of their expiring contracts for whatever positive asset they can get.

Demar is now going to be one of the top free agents on the market next offseason so he made the right decision to pick up the option. I think there's a good chance the Spurs decide to offer him a big deal since there won't be many better options on the market, and they value continuity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger speculates Jonathan Isaac should get a 20M offer from Orlando next offseason (tempered by the ACL tear). If that is his market value, I'd be fine if San Antonio forced Orlando to match a front loaded deal. Aside from Isaac, we need to trade to move someone into our space (Towns is best case scenario of a player demanding a trade in July, imo, but who knows what the market will look like then).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely scenarios IMO:

1) trade up in the 2021 draft, absorbing bad salaries
    2) make a trade for disgruntled player under contract
    3) sign a couple role players, extend current players to cheaper deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that Giannis has signed, the best players in next year's free agency are probably Rudy Gobert and Victor Oladipo. I don't think the Spurs would have interest in Gobert, having just re-signed Poeltl. Oladipo has major question marks and plays a position the Spurs are kind of set at. The team should look to trade at least a few of their expiring contracts for whatever positive asset they can get.

Demar is now going to be one of the top free agents on the market next offseason so he made the right decision to pick up the option. I think there's a good chance the Spurs decide to offer him a big deal since there won't be many better options on the market, and they value continuity.
    Oh man if pop signs DDR to a big contract and then leaves that would be such a huge FU to the fans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely scenarios IMO:

If one or a couple players establishes themselves as a true core piece of the future, then #3 isn't that bad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like using significant space on role players. So I'm not keen on option 3, but agree that it is likely scenario.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Giannis, the Bucks and Coach Bud. The Freak is a genuine superstar. All he lacks is the three point shot, but otherwise he is a beast who plays hard at both ends of the floor, has worked hard all his life to reach this destination and will only get better. The Bucks are set for another half-decade. Hopefully they won't screw it like the Pelicans did with Anthony Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like using significant space on role players. So I'm not keen on option 3, but agree that it is likely scenario.
    My line of thinking for this is,

Is it easier to invest in three high performing role players than a pseudo star like Oladipo taking up a lot of the cap, with a contract that may not be as moveable as three smaller ones? Guys like Oladipo, Isaac, John Collins really don't move the needle enough to justify the expected contract they're going to have. Might as well re-tool again with three solid role players and be prepared / flexible for the next offseason, and keep betting on young players to rise up.

It's only a matter of time before one of White, Keldon, Vassell become a star. Add another high draft pick, then the chances are even higher that we will finally have a new star on our hands.

Bet on it.

Guys like Jrue, Duncan Robinson, Lauri Markannen, OG Anunoby, Luke Kennard will be available. Get two or three of these guys and it's not a bad offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Likely scenarios IMO:

This is not a FO that trades for disgruntled players, so I would eliminate #2 as a possibility.
    #3 is the most likely scenario and would fit the MO of this FO.
    #1 does not follow what we have done in the past, and while it could earn us a more talented pick, I don't think we change the way we have done things to do this. It would take a remarkably outstanding player to see a change like that happen. Or a change in the FO, which would only happen for some terrible reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is not a FO that trades for disgruntled players, so I would eliminate #2 as a possibility.
    #3 is the most likely scenario and would fit the MO of this FO.
    #1 does not follow what we have done in the past, and while it could earn us a more talented pick, I don't think we change the way we have done things to do this. It would take a remarkably outstanding player to see a change like that happen. Or a change in the FO, which would only happen for some terrible reason.
    Kawhi Leonard?

Thread Information