Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think with more game awareness he does. He also needs backup at the paint which he ain't getting. Getting rid of derozan helps in this regard.
    This. He’s not a finished product but is super compe ive! He’ll be much better next year without the vets.....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully DJ can continue to expand his game; Lonnie must go though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 10-12 M you absolutely extend LW.... He should turn it down and bet on himself though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully DJ can continue to expand his game; Lonnie must go though.
    Agreed, time to make a hard decision on Walker IV. This young core, while talented is not near good enough to even sniff the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should either package players and pucks to move into the top 5 of the draft or put together a package to go after a current player. My preferred target is CJ McCollum if Portland goes out in the 1st round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we should either package players and pucks to move into the top 5 of the draft or put together a package to go after a current player. My preferred target is CJ McCollum if Portland goes out in the 1st round.
    That would be nice but I don’t think we have the assets. I bet it would take Keldon, our 2021 1st and possibly a second 1st plus one of DJ/DW and may have to take a bad contract back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be nice but I don’t think we have the assets. I bet it would take Keldon, our 2021 1st and possibly a second 1st plus one of DJ/DW and may have to take a bad contract back.
    The price may be to steep.... I just want us to 'try'...and I want fans to know that we're trying..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The price may be to steep.... I just want us to 'try'...and I want fans to know that we're trying..
    I agree on trying. May be to tough though. Might see Orlando doing Murray/Poetl/2021 1st for Harris/2021 1st. But even then they might want another future 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im betting this is where Pop pull the pin and heads to his winery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im betting this is where Pop pull the pin and heads to his winery.
    One can hope.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, does Pop really want to deal with this team next year? Trying to see how much he values going after the all time record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, does Pop really want to deal with this team next year? Trying to see how much he values going after the all time record.
    He is the ultimate ego maniac. Losing doesn’t faze him as long as he is relevant. No one will want to hear his political views when he is retired, that’s enough to keep him coaching for 2-3yrs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is the ultimate ego maniac. Losing doesn’t faze him as long as he is relevant. No one will want to hear his political views when he is retired, that’s enough to keep him coaching for 2-3yrs.
    He’s stubborn, often irritable, and probably has OCD like a lot of coaches, but I don’t see him as a pure ego maniac. He’s definitely controlling, but that’s different. He obviously loves coaching. And he probably loves the lifestyle of touring the country going to his restaurants. I see that as a reason he could stick around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie is a gamble. you can take the chance that he will hit his ceiling and live up to the potential he shows by extending him, or you can see how he plays this season. if he has a breakout season, the spurs will have to pay him much more. so what are the odds that lonnie has a breakout season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s stubborn, often irritable, and probably has OCD like a lot of coaches, but I don’t see him as a pure ego maniac. He’s definitely controlling, but that’s different. He obviously loves coaching. And he probably loves the lifestyle of touring the country going to his restaurants. I see that as a reason he could stick around.
    pop may be alot of things but an egomaniac is not one of the things i'd accuse him of. first of all, none of us have been head coaches in any professional sport so to label a coach as being to stubborn to admit his coaching is wrong is in itself an egotistical stance. i just think that some of the pop hate that comes from ST is politically motivated, which would be ironic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie is a gamble. you can take the chance that he will hit his ceiling and live up to the potential he shows by extending him, or you can see how he plays this season. if he has a breakout season, the spurs will have to pay him much more. so what are the odds that lonnie has a breakout season?
    I'd say of all the young players on the team, the gap between Lonnie's floor and ceiling is the biggest. Which makes it incredibly hard to truly evaluate his worth.

Is he gonna be the Lonnie that comes out sharp-shooting from 3 and running rough-shod over the defense? Or the Lonnie that comes out sitting in the corners, hesitates on shots, and passes every time he encounters a glimpse of resistance?

His style is very finessed which looks great when it is going well, but he still doesn't seem to have that mentality to impose his will on the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has traditionally been very good at what he does. These days there is a sense of hubris and false humility that he portrays; I guess he has earned it but it has become tiresome. If he wants my support i’d like to see more accountability on his own part and more of the qualities that got him where he is today. LMA and DDR probably would not have lasted past 2018 if they experienced the true Pop but he may have gotten the best out of them. At any rate he has earned the right to go on his own terms but he is setting up to leave this franchise in shambles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop may be alot of things but an egomaniac is not one of the things i'd accuse him of. first of all, none of us have been head coaches in any professional sport so to label a coach as being to stubborn to admit his coaching is wrong is in itself an egotistical stance. i just think that some of the pop hate that comes from ST is politically motivated, which would be ironic.
    Are you saying my comment is egotistical? I agree about the hate being politically motivated very often. For me, I just wanted him to adapt to the new situation with the team and not try to coach them like we are still contenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has traditionally been very good at what he does. These days there is a sense of hubris and false humility that he portrays; I guess he has earned it but it has become tiresome. If he wants my support i’d like to see more accountability on his own part and more of the qualities that got him where he is today. LMA and DDR probably would not have lasted past 2018 if they experienced the true Pop but he may have gotten the best out of them. At any rate he has earned the right to go on his own terms but he is setting up to leave this franchise in shambles.
    I agree with that. I feel like the team was destined for some bad times as soon as Kawhi left, and Pop has basically tried to hold on and in doing so has made the bad times, so to speak, only be later and worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just using this thread or is someone going to make a new one?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a bulls related podcast a couple of weeks ago where the hosts agreed that a sign and trade of Lauri Markannen plus extra salary like Aminu? for DeRozan would be good for the bulls to try to make the most of the bulls situation.

I would hate that severely.

Markannen is awful and after Brian Wright's other bad deals I'm anxious that Markannen will be his bad contract masterpiece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Dex;10509122]I'd say of all the young players on the team, the gap between Lonnie's floor and ceiling is the biggest. Which makes it incredibly hard to truly evaluate his worth.

Is he gonna be the Lonnie that comes out sharp-shooting from 3 and running rough-shod over the defense? Or the Lonnie that comes out sitting in the corners, hesitates on shots, and passes every time he encounters a glimpse of resistance?

His style is very finessed which looks great when it is going well, but he still doesn't seem to have that mentality to impose his will on the game.[/QUOTE]

that has been my hang-up with lonnie all season; he may not have the mental toughness or confidence. luka seems to show much more of that-perhaps to a fault.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like some of the players we have but we have to ask ourselves if any are worth building around. I believe the answer is no and Spurs should be going in hard at trading up to a 1-5 pick even if it means all our current players are on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying my comment is egotistical? I agree about the hate being politically motivated very often. For me, I just wanted him to adapt to the new situation with the team and not try to coach them like we are still contenders.
    that wasn't directed at anyone in particular. i was just making the point that-for all of us-it takes a certain amount of ego to assert things in a manner that suggests we know more about basketball than a hall of fame coach. that being said, i don't think that's the same thing when a poster make the observation that a coach is too set in his ways. pop is from the larry brown school and it's futile to convince him that younger players are not to be trusted and have to go through a lengthy process before they can earn meaningful minutes. i do think that, with pop, the more he expects from a player-the harder he is on that player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like some of the players we have but we have to ask ourselves if any are worth building around. I believe the answer is no and Spurs should be going in hard at trading up to a 1-5 pick even if it means all our current players are on the table.
    We have few valuable assets to trade. Our young core and draft capital aren’t worth sh!t unless packaged in a large bundle. Might as well give these guys a full season to sink or swim. The real move would have been to use LMA, DDR, Mills and Rudy’s expiring deals to take on bad contracts but high quality vets with a sweetener attached. We missed the boat on that. You’ll have to gut the house to get a top 5 pick in this years draft. After this offseason and hopefully letting DDR walk we will finally be positioned to pick top 5 next year anyways. Might as well wait a year.

Thread Information