Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for this! Poo would be great in a less demanding player and staff development advisory role. Still have a seat at the table on while he passes the baton. Consultant Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its always a celebration but you can not ignore how utterly bad and disorganized the Spurs have been about coach's challenges, and end of the clock plays. He is definitely past his prime now. He should definitely stay on as a consultant or president of the operations (something like that)

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its always a celebration but you can not ignore how utterly bad and disorganized the Spurs have been about coach's challenges, and end of the clock plays. He is definitely past his prime now. He should definitely stay on as a consultant or president of the operations (something like that)
    Seriously. Just let he and RC tour the world to scout and drink wine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man I hope so, but I think the old man will be back to get this record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am with Bobby Marks, Keldon is our Power Forward.
    Just the lack of footspeed to defend wings and lack of perimeter skills is very evident. Wings just blow by him pretty easily.

Lonnie basically has no role , not a 3 and D wing , not a movement shooter and not a PNR ballhandler. I don't know what player I am investing in with 11-12 million.

Let DDR walk and get a modern starting wing.
    Awful evaluations, TBQH.

Keldon is not a PF. He doesn't have the height, the strength (yes, he can't be backed down easily, but he's not good at boxing out players bigger than him, nor contesting shots, nor pulling down big boards, especially offensive), the rebounding instincts (a mark of a great PF), the boxing-out, the shooting game to be a stretch-4, and lastly, nor the passing game either. PFs in the modern league are very skilled players (well, every position is), and Keldon doesn't have a single thing from a modern 4's skillset beyond the core and arm strength. Moreover, it's pretty easy to see that playing "up" a position is taxing on his body: he's been consistently put in a bad position by Pop all season long, and you can tell his offensive impact is reduced as he has to overexert himself on D just to stay with his man. He simply is not a PF.

Lonnie has a perfectly defined player archetype: he's a trigger happy (but contact-shy), shoot-first SG. He's NOT a SF (another of Pop's mistakes), he's not a 3&D, he's a three-level scorer. We can talk about his efficiency, his hesitation to take shots, his overpassing tendencies all you want, it doesn't take away from the fact that he'd have a perfectly defined role in any other team that wasn't the Spurs, who are overloaded with guards (and combo guards at that). Play Lonnie next to a true, pass-first PG and no DeMar DeRozan, give him a green light and tell him to focus on transition opportunities, and see a completely different player. Not that he'd be an insta-star or anything, but to say he lacks a role is bad evaluation.

The last part I agree with, we need a modern wing or PF, and to let DDR go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie must ramp up his compe iveness; he belongs in the nba but must play like it! The kid from Tennessee is a gamer as is Scottie Barnes!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We must start playing defense.....we’re way to soft!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am with Bobby Marks, Keldon is our Power Forward.
    Just the lack of footspeed to defend wings and lack of perimeter skills is very evident. Wings just blow by him pretty easily.

Lonnie basically has no role , not a 3 and D wing , not a movement shooter and not a PNR ballhandler. I don't know what player I am investing in with 11-12 million.

Let DDR walk and get a modern starting wing.
    Keldon isn't a PF, not even sure he's an SF. He's just another SG on a team full of them. He needs to seriously work on his shot this Summer. He also needs some in-between moves when he drives but luckily he started to develop his mid-range pull-up as the season wore on.
    You're both wrong (Marks probably doesn't realize that their utilizing Johnson as the nominal "PF" was to get their best talent on the floor).

Johnson, if he's to be a long term starter, is primarily a 3, even though his ball skills are rudimentary for the position and his lateral quicks are lacking.

The actualized version of Samanic (which more than likely will never exist) is the ideal compliment to him, with advanced ball skills and lateral quicks for a 4, allowing them to cross match when need be.

Agree on Walker IV. No way they should be investing $11-12M in someone who's been replacement player caliber to this point, especially considering they've already done so for two role playing guards.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of problems could be solved with a traditional point guard, meaning pass first type. Dejounte is showing progress there and will hopefully surprise me next year, but a passing guard would be helpful. , a passer at any position. I agree that IV would do much better next to that type of player. Who wouldn’t?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're both wrong (Marks probably doesn't realize that their utilizing Johnson as the nominal "PF" was to get their best talent on the floor).

Johnson, if he's to be a long term starter, is primarily a 3, even though his ball skills are rudimentary for the position and his lateral quicks are lacking.

The actualized version of Samanic (which more than likely will never exist) is the ideal compliment to him, with advanced ball skills and lateral quicks for a 4, allowing them to cross match when need be.

Agree on Walker IV. No way they should be investing $11-12M in someone who's been replacement player caliber to this point, especially considering they've already done so for two role playing guards.
    I don't understand the thought of giving up on Lonnie, IMO he is by far the most talented young player we have on the roster, what he lacks is consistency and that is on Pop. I don't think he is the 3rd or 4th scoring option anytime he is on the floor, which makes absolutely no since when he is the best scorer of the young guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie doesn’t compete at a NBA level; he doesn’t have any bite! Play with an edge......

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the thought of giving up on Lonnie, IMO he is by far the most talented young player we have on the roster, what he lacks is consistency and that is on Pop. I don't think he is the 3rd or 4th scoring option anytime he is on the floor, which makes absolutely no since when he is the best scorer of the young guys.
    There are still ways to contribute when you aren’t scoring. Setting screens, off ball movement, hustling. When he isn’t shooting well, he hardly is doing some of these other things too. He frequently
    has points when his shot is off his defense is just as bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say of all the young players on the team, the gap between Lonnie's floor and ceiling is the biggest. Which makes it incredibly hard to truly evaluate his worth.

Is he gonna be the Lonnie that comes out sharp-shooting from 3 and running rough-shod over the defense? Or the Lonnie that comes out sitting in the corners, hesitates on shots, and passes every time he encounters a glimpse of resistance?

His style is very finessed which looks great when it is going well, but he still doesn't seem to have that mentality to impose his will on the game.
    It’ll be an indicator of what the Spurs think when it comes to his extension. They tend to play a little poker. Both DJ’s and White’s deals came down to the last minute, but they got done. If Lonnie’s doesn’t, it would seem that the Spurs would be betting on him still playing timid, and not breaking out.

Oh, and holy , his QO is like $13M. BIG difference between #18 and #29.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t lack confidence, he lacks balls. He’s timid, and literally won’t shoot sometimes. I’ve seen him stationed at the break, uncovered, and the player at the top passes it to him. He passes it to the corner. The corner guy passes it back, and he sends it back to the top. Uncovered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Portis would be a good free agent signing for us this off season. Dude is a solid all around player that plays at a position (4/small ball 5) of need for us. He can shoot the 3, decent on defense, and doesn’t take any off people. He would help give the team some “NASTY”.

Not to mention he isn’t that old and wouldn’t cost a ton. Dude might get like 10-15 million a season
    Last edited by D-Robinson 50 fan; 05-21-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn’t lack confidence, he lacks balls. He’s timid, and literally won’t shoot sometimes. I’ve seen him stationed at the break, uncovered, and the player at the top passes it to him. He passes it to the corner. The corner guy passes it back, and he sends it back to the top. Uncovered.
    If you have a player with a ceiling as high as his, and timidity is his issue, that's bad coaching.That is remedied by designing plays for him. Part of that lack of confidence is not having a defined role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying he's a lost cause at 22, but the reality is, in 2628 minutes over 3 seasons, as I said he's been replacement player caliber. It's highly unlikely he'll go from that to a player of significance.

You also can't pay everyone. This team sucks as is; how many role players are they going to extend? Once they extended Murray and White, it made doing so for him unlikely and he's done nothing to change that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a young player coming out in the lottery and the spurs get a TOP pick, I'm pulling a Danny Ferry like he did with the clippers saying I'm not playing for popovich. If I'm an agent, I'm not letting my player play for popovich. no. And I say this as a die hard spurs fan. Popovich is done and he's just hanging around because he has nothing else to do at this age..
    Last edited by james evans; 05-21-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand too

People need to realize that it's only the second season for lonnie and he was playing only 16 minutes last year ( forget about the first year in g league).
    He's showing some progress and is one of a few realiable 3pt shooters on this team, let the guy play it's not like he is showing nothing this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm a young player coming out in the lottery and the spurs get a TOP pick, I'm pulling a Danny Ferry like he did with the clippers saying I'm playing for popovich. If I'm an agent, I'm not letting my player play for popovich. no. And I say this as a die hard spurs fan. Popovich is done and he's just hanging around because he has nothing else to do at this age..
    fortunately, you're neither a young player or an agent, just a "die hard spurs fan" who'd be okay with top players opting out of playing for the spurs based on some unproven notion that pop has an incurable case of ennui.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fortunately, you're neither a young player or an agent, just a "die hard spurs fan" who'd be okay with top players opting out of playing for the spurs based on some unproven notion that pop has an incurable case of ennui.
    "I'm a die-hard Spurs fan because I want players and agents to say ' you Pop!' Yeah, that'll show him and do a whole lot of good."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OT but if you are bored, see how various players are connected via their teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, if I'm the 15th pick i will leave for LA.

It won't be pop that forces it. It's the city, and the front office in that order. We've had some great anti san antonio threads before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I'm a die-hard Spurs fan because I want players and agents to say ' you Pop!' Yeah, that'll show him and do a whole lot of good."
    it'll get him the up out of here. but unlike you, I won't enjoy 2 more seasons of bull to get him the coaching record.

Thread Information