Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nurkic and Melo are there I don’t see a place for LMA.
    An old LMA is better than an old Melo. Certainly on the defensive side. And he's beloved in Portland. He'll be the prodigal son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving/Demar/Durant/Aldridge/Deandre with some 3&D forwards and guards on the bench, would win the championship in their first year and, if it doesn't work, they have all the space to pursue the Giannis/Durant duo in 21.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I laugh at how people are so willing to throw away DJM but wont let people get rid of lonnie. lonnie has shown less in the first 2 years. Also people are putting everrything into the bubble games. you had a good bubble you are untouchable. Not a good bubble. lets see if we can get a bag of chips for him (excpet lonnie. people still love him).

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I laugh at how people are so willing to throw away DJM but wont let people get rid of lonnie. lonnie has shown less in the first 2 years. Also people are putting everrything into the bubble games. you had a good bubble you are untouchable. Not a good bubble. lets see if we can get a bag of chips for him (excpet lonnie. people still love him).
    lonnie isnt great and looks like some of his basketball skills dissapered with his hair but hes younger than djm,did not have a serious injury like djm, can dribble and shoot and whats most important isnt overpaid.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving/Demar/Durant/Aldridge/Deandre with some 3&D forwards and guards on the bench, would win the championship in their first year and, if it doesn't work, they have all the space to pursue the Giannis/Durant duo in 21.
    $ works if they gives us levert, dinwidie, allen, prince. Interesting. Looks
    like a win win but the question is can nets handle with so many stars? i doubt
    Last edited by spurspl; 09-05-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't 2k. That team wouldn't win a championship in real life. Terrible spacing/defense and too many types who either need the ball or are better with it, which would inevitably lead to chemistry issues.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lonnie isnt great and looks like some of his basketball skills dissapered with his hair but hes younger than djm,did not have a serious injury like djm, can dribble and shoot and whats most important isnt overpaid.
    DJM has a better FG and FT%. His 3pt% is not bad either. Lonnie has not shot as much so his % could go up or down but i bet his 3 would go down some. ast/to DJM is much better. I think people overblow DJM handels. his is not great but not as bad as some on here like to think. I also think he is getting better. DJm, Lonnie, Potel, White all seem to suffer from the same thing and that is Pop and wanting his stars to be stars. If he went back to more the beautiful game the team is much better. We played closer to this in the bubble. DJm is also a better Defender and is not really over price when you look at his contract and what he brings. Lonnie is still on a rokie deal and doubt he will still be that low when he resigns.
    Your only 2 things that are true really are age and the major injury. but 2 years is not much especially when both are young and lonnie has had a injuries as well. (non as major).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DJM, but he's impeding the progress of White as the Spur's starting pg imo. I don't think they can coexist as your backcourt starters, so I wouldn't be opposed to trading Murray provided PATFO gets something decent in return.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DJM, but he's impeding the progress of White as the Spur's starting pg imo. I don't think they can coexist as your backcourt starters, so I wouldn't be opposed to trading Murray provided PATFO gets something decent in return.
    This one I can understand more then Lonnie. I think they can Coexist though. I think what is holding them back is pop. White did just fine in the bubble with DJM playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving and KD are two of the biggest playoff chokers. They’re not winning anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to stop saying Murray is a PG he is not that and Pop failed in trying that experiment. He is a SG and Pop needs to man up and say that White is the starting PG and give the kids some confidence that this is his show now. I am fine with not trading Murray I think if he looks in the mirror he will realize that he deffinitely needs to work on his handles and shooting and should be moved to SG if he wants a long NBA game. If I am him I am watching old Danny Green taps and try to be a better Danny cause he will never be as good as White at the PG position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Irving and KD are two of the biggest playoff chokers. They’re not winning anything.
    Irving was part of the last untainted champion and one of the most impressive ones in history, hit the clinching shot and repeatedly outplayed Curry over 3 Finals.

They're probably not winning because Durant almost certainly won't be the same and even if he's still a top 10-15 type player, that's still a massive drop. They've also got to get better fitting pieces surrounding them, though they might actually have the assets to do so.
    Last edited by TD 21; 09-05-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People need to stop saying Murray is a PG he is not that and Pop failed in trying that experiment. He is a SG and Pop needs to man up and say that White is the starting PG and give the kids some confidence that this is his show now. I am fine with not trading Murray I think if he looks in the mirror he will realize that he deffinitely needs to work on his handles and shooting and should be moved to SG if he wants a long NBA game. If I am him I am watching old Danny Green taps and try to be a better Danny cause he will never be as good as White at the PG position.
    Nah dejounte is wired to be a scoring guard, his potential is not really a cerebral pick and roll guard like white or a spot up 3 and D like danny. To maximize his potential he needs to be the grab and go rebounding point guard, breakdown defense without needing a screen , downhill and kickout or pull up midrange, occasional C&S three. I think Dejounte diversifies your offensive attack and allows you to play faster( him and Lonnie ).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, I remember clearly because I would never imagine there would be so many people against the idea of getting a player the caliber of Butler. I got the typical "not Spurs material", "we already have DeRozan" and other ridiculous like that.

If only timvp would stop ing around with the search function.
    I wanted him too. I do remember a few people mentioning his character and that was not his court skill. Like he quarreled with the coach in Chi and he quarreled with his teammates in Minnesota. Both teams were awful and the teammates didn’t like getting called out. I knew the Spurs weren’t going to go for him though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted him too. I do remember a few people mentioning his character and that was not his court skill. Like he quarreled with the coach in Chi and he quarreled with his teammates in Minnesota. Both teams were awful and the teammates didn’t like getting called out. I knew the Spurs weren’t going to go for him though.
    It wasn’t teammates, it was YOUNG teammates. He has alienated them at every stop. How do you come in and start with KAT, when he’s already an All Star and the team’s foundational player? Stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the guy just really wanted to be in a city like Miami? , I ing would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn’t teammates, it was YOUNG teammates. He has alienated them at every stop. How do you come in and start with KAT, when he’s already an All Star and the team’s foundational player? Stupid.
    I have no problem with players getting called out for lack of effort or having too high ego. KAT had issues with others too. I like him but he needs to be winning more games. He’s looking like the crybaby who couldn’t handle a teammate that wanted to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't 2k. That team wouldn't win a championship in real life. Terrible spacing/defense and too many types who either need the ball or are better with it, which would inevitably lead to chemistry issues.
    if the version of Aldridge 19 (38% of 3) is indicative of the future, Demar would have all the space in the world to operate with Durant, Irving and Aldrige (and the bench), if there was a problem it would be in chemistry, not in the adjustment (at least in theory).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I think about it, the more I think that the Spurs will move on from Aldridge this off-season.

The Spurs could be extremely close to the tax-- assuming the cap and luxury tax remains the same as this season and assuming they let Forbes, Beli and Zeller walk and re-sign Poeltl, Eubanks and the 11th pick.

Is it really worth it for the Spurs to be near the tax just to field a team that isn't likely to make the playoffs? Portland and Miami are still the two most obvious choices for Aldridge IMO.

Ariza, Hood and the 16th pick for Aldridge or Olynyk and the 20th pick for Aldridge both makes sense as possible packages, though probably not nearly as big of a return for LMA as the Spurs would probably like.

- Spurs save salary, enough to stay under the tax while also adding the 16th pick in the draft-- a really good return for Aldridge at age 35.

Portland improves a lot, essentially for the cost of the 16th pick while being safely under the luxury tax. They'd have to fill out the rest of their roster and would be very top heavy but I think they'd probably do that deal

-Spurs get the 20th pick for Aldridge and save a lot in salary. Miami gets a lot better by using a loophole in the Stepian rule to trade their pick in this draft. Its not an incredible draft but the 20 pick is still a solid pick, especially if the Spurs are selecting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the version of Aldridge 19 (38% of 3) is indicative of the future, Demar would have all the space in the world to operate with Durant, Irving and Aldrige (and the bench), if there was a problem it would be in chemistry, not in the adjustment (at least in theory).
    Durant and Irving aren't playing floor spacer for DeRozan and I doubt Aldridge would be willing to be a fourth fiddle.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the Spurs will move on from Aldridge this off-season.

The Spurs could be extremely close to the tax-- assuming the cap and luxury tax remains the same as this season and assuming they let Forbes, Beli and Zeller walk and re-sign Poeltl, Eubanks and the 11th pick.

Is it really worth it for the Spurs to be near the tax just to field a team that isn't likely to make the playoffs? Portland and Miami are still the two most obvious choices for Aldridge IMO.

Ariza, Hood and the 16th pick for Aldridge or Olynyk and the 20th pick for Aldridge both makes sense as possible packages, though probably not nearly as big of a return for LMA as the Spurs would probably like.

- Spurs save salary, enough to stay under the tax while also adding the 16th pick in the draft-- a really good return for Aldridge at age 35.

Portland improves a lot, essentially for the cost of the 16th pick while being safely under the luxury tax. They'd have to fill out the rest of their roster and would be very top heavy but I think they'd probably do that deal

-Spurs get the 20th pick for Aldridge and save a lot in salary. Miami gets a lot better by using a loophole in the Stepian rule to trade their pick in this draft. Its not an incredible draft but the 20 pick is still a solid pick, especially if the Spurs are selecting.
    Fair enough, but if the tax is the primary concern, then ridding themselves of DeRozan should be the first priority, with Gay second. Aldridge is the best player/fit of the bunch.

People shouldn't think of 16 or 20 solely in and of themselves, but as a vehicle (along with 11) to potentially move up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland isn't an obvious choice as much as it's a meme. They like Nurkic and gave him a lot of money.

Miami does make sense if their run gets derailed. Otherwise, they probably keep their asset in preparation for another trade. Remember that they seem to be pretty good at drafting themselves and then to find ways to sell high on all of the young guys they do move on from.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being "close to the tax". They just need to stay under it, and they have numerous ways of doing so that don't involve trading away their best player.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah dejounte is wired to be a scoring guard, his potential is not really a cerebral pick and roll guard like white or a spot up 3 and D like danny. To maximize his potential he needs to be the grab and go rebounding point guard, breakdown defense without needing a screen , downhill and kickout or pull up midrange, occasional C&S three. I think Dejounte diversifies your offensive attack and allows you to play faster( him and Lonnie ).
    yeaa but his dribble, bbiq and decision making are still far away from being this kond of grab and go pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guy, Geremi Grant, with some impressive defense on nephew last night, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland isn't an obvious choice as much as it's a meme. They like Nurkic and gave him a lot of money.

Miami does make sense if their run gets derailed. Otherwise, they probably keep their asset in preparation for another trade. Remember that they seem to be pretty good at drafting themselves and then to find ways to sell high on all of the young guys they do move on from.

Also, there's nothing wrong with being "close to the tax". They just need to stay under it, and they have numerous ways of doing so that don't involve trading away their best player.
    -I think Portland makes sense, for a number of reasons; Aldridge seems to want to finish his career there, Lillard and Aldridge seem to want to teammates again and internal pressure from Lillard and CJ for the team to get better and limited options and limited options in which to do so.

Aldridge would mark a significant front court upgrade, essentially for the cost of the 16th pick-- which they seemed willing to trade before the trade deadline.

-Miami has a great track record of finding talent either through the draft or in the G-league. They could certainly keep their pick; viewing it as a means to find talent, or they can package it to try and improve following a likely trip to the East Finals.

Based on Riley's track record for making aggressive and splashy moves, swapping Olynyk and the 20th pick for Aldridge fits that and he'd definitely help their team.

-They can stay under the tax but it will be close, my point is that do they want to be in that position just to field a team that is unlikely to make the playoffs.

Aldridge seems likely to leave after next season, moving him in the off-season--especially after how well they played with out him, certainly seems possible. Portland and Miami should both have interest and have decent enough assets for it to make sense to move him to either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I trade with Miami I try to get Robinson and their pick. I think their pick is to low for us to trade Aldrige to them. Maybe at the trade deadline I would think about it but not during the summer. If they insits on KO then I would want this one and the one in 2022. Aldrige may be old but is still good enough to get more then a low 1st rd pick.

Thread Information