Page 21 of 110 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC is both a headcase/baby and yesterday’s NBA. HARD pass. I doubt at this point in his injury arc that he could guard perimeter bigs, let alone switch onto wings or guards.
    He is likely going to try to reunite with Davis & James, again.

With all the leg injuries, I think his days as an all-star level performer are done.

Plus, like you said he's a headcase, has a toxic personality, has a propensity to be all about his numbers (ie he's selfish) & he's going to be a massive liability on defense.

He might still be able to provide some post scoring, passing & perimeter shooting, though.

He'd just be a horrendous fit on the Spurs with his terrible defense, toxic personality & so many young players for him to be a bad influence on.

What the team will need in free-agency will hinge on their drafting (draft another guard, draft a wing/combo forward, draft a big to replace either Poeltl and/or Aldridge or trade down for multiple picks) & if they think someone amongst the young guys (Johnson, White, Murray & Walker IV) will make a huge leap forward.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 10-14-2020 at 02:25 PM.

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is said to be targeting Jan. 18, 2021 as opening for 2020-2021 season. Also said that they will not pause for Olympics.

I wonder how this will affect Team USA, especially Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and #11 for #1
    How about LMA for KAT? lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was surprised when I heard NBA wouldn’t schedule around the olympics.. my first thought was damn that sucks for Pop but it actually sucks for several countries as well lmao so somebody like Luka Doncic Won’t be able to play for his national team, seems like a way to lose fans globally for the nba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is said to be targeting Jan. 18, 2021 as opening for 2020-2021 season. Also said that they will not pause for Olympics.

Totally sucks for coach Pop.

I hate Jerry Colangelo & coach K even more, now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no package the Spurs could put together that would be worth the 2nd pick.
    I may not have suggested this trade but I’m not so sure the Spurs don’t have the assets necessary. From S.I:
    https://www.si.com/nba/2020/10/14/nb...ns-post-finals

At this point it’s not a secret that Golden State has designs on contention and would strongly prefer to trade this pick. The issue, of course, is finding the right deal, made more complicated by the team’s hefty payroll and the financial uncertainty facing the NBA at large. The Warriors’ best trade package includes the No. 2 pick and Minnesota’s lightly protected 2021 first-round pick, potentially attaching them to Andrew Wiggins’s contract for a star or multiple veterans. Golden State also has a $17 million trade exception to take back a contract in a move like this, and if the Warriors are willing to spend in this climate, should be able to cut a deal with another team looking to trim salary.
    I would think they would want Gay too for his useful isolation scoring and one of the young guns: White, Walker or Johnson.
    Not saying the Spurs would do it, (or that we should for that matter) - but there is enough there to entice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give LMA, DJM, 11 for Golden State's 2nd pick, 2 future firsts and Wiggins. GS has trade exception to accept greater incoming salary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Warriors aren't doing Aldridge and 11 for Wiggins and 2. It's too big a drop for a 35 year old and as much as they'd probably like to dump Wiggins, it'd open up a gaping hole on the wing for a team that lacks financial flexibility and would thin out their asset base.

If the Spurs want to trade up (6-7 is probably the apex) and the rumor of them not wanting to part with DeRozan or Murray but being willing to with Aldridge is true, they have two options.

1) Trade him directly for assets that have discussed ad nauseam or 2) Expand 1 it to a three teamer, reroute those assets, take Horford and come away with a bundle of picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Spurs could trade LMA straight up for #2, I think it would be a good deal for both teams. GS is in a unique position, and Spurs have two high level players that could help team bolster their roster and contend next year. Given their C situation, LMA would be a good fit, and give them a legit interior presence and a C who can hit threes. Then they have 4 all stars + Wiggins, plus whoever they can fill out the roster with over the summer which imho is a pretty solid roster. I don't think GS wants to draft a 20 year old and develop him while they have their big three trying to make a run for the fourth ring.

Tbh I think GS would jump at LMA and 11 for Wiggins and 2, but Wiggins is just such a ty contract and player that i'm not sure trading up in a meh draft and taking on his albatross contract is really worth it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for Wiggins and #2 is a fair trade. Gives GSW cap room next offseason. I wouldn’t give up #11, maybe the 2nd rounder. No way Spurs are trading him, maybe at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who would you take with #2? Wiseman?
    Yeah, probably, or Deni maybe. I don't really like Edwards all that much, LaMelo is trash, and I like Onyeka but he'd kind of be a reach at #2 considering his lower offensive upside. Wiseman has a lot of unknowns, but I'd trust the Spurs to develop him right more than most teams in the league.

You must really think the spurs are getting a star player at 2 to take on Wiggins. He's the Bryn Forbes of Minnesota, plus he plays the same position as Keldon and Lonnie. You think this draft is that strong?
    I don't think the deal is getting made either way, I'm just throwing it up in the air. But yes, I'd be willing to eat Wiggins' contract and literally not even play him (of course it's not that easy, but still), in order to get Wiseman or Deni. But as others have said, I'd think the Warriors would have to throw a future pick to compensate for Wiggins' contract duration, which makes this a non-starter IMO since they wouldn't want to part with most of their assets for a 35yo LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. White is my favourite current Spur but believe his ceiling is borderline all-star, perhaps 3rd best player on a contender. I feel there is a George Hill situation brewing though ie. $$$. If LMA and White can get you #2 (Wiseman), future 1st and Wiggins - Spurs would have to look at that, that is if they feel Wiseman is lynchpin material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some truths:

1) Spurs due to their decisions with lma & ddr don’t have a lot of trade assets. Ddr & lma while good are C level trade targets imo.

2) Spurs are reluctant to trade any of the youth as they should be.

3) Spurs need some drastic reshaping

Point of all this is that if SA needs reshaping and actually is aggressive their best avenue towards improving long term very well may be by acting as a dumping ground and 3rd party trade facilitator.

Take on bad deals for big draft capital.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here are some truths:

1) Spurs due to their decisions with lma & ddr don’t have a lot of trade assets. Ddr & lma while good are C level trade targets imo.

2) Spurs are reluctant to trade any of the youth as they should be.

3) Spurs need some drastic reshaping

Point of all this is that if SA needs reshaping and actually is aggressive their best avenue towards improving long term very well may be by acting as a dumping ground and 3rd party trade facilitator.

Take on bad deals for big draft capital.
    So the exact situation we were in last summer. Not sure we should expect different results.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think people are putting Wiggins as worse then he is. His contract is bad but it would only be 2 years longer then LMA. He would be younger and fit in timewise with the rest of our team. Wiseman would give us a young big. Hopefully he would be good. All we would be missing is a 4 from having a solid young team. After 2 years we could be rid of Wiggins or resign him. He is not a bad player just is over payed. If we could get a new solid big and maybe another pick for tkaeing on a contract and LMA that would be a good trade for us.
    I also think it would be a good trade for GS as they need a big Green seems to be getting worse again so haveing another solid big would be good for them. For those saying it would deplete their depth they have Klay and steph comming back this year so them 2 plus Green and LMA gives them a solid 4. if they take on Gay that along with Chriss gives them their big replacements. Glen Robinson and Burks have already stated they wanted to come back. this would give them a solid team for next year.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    don't help the warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D. White is my favourite current Spur but believe his ceiling is borderline all-star, perhaps 3rd best player on a contender. I feel there is a George Hill situation brewing though ie. $$$. If LMA and White can get you #2 (Wiseman), future 1st and Wiggins - Spurs would have to look at that, that is if they feel Wiseman is lynchpin material.
    maybe, but that would be an instant championship for the Warriors (maybe 2)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe, but that would be an instant championship for the Warriors (maybe 2)
    Who the cares. It would be them, Clippers or Lakers next season and LAL would still be favorites.

I would gladly take the Warriors coming out of the west over those two ( the Lakers & Kawhi). Plus, the team would gain a desperately needed high - end prospect to really build around.

I doubt it'll happen, though.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't believe people are talking themselves into Andrew Wiggins. Have you actually watched him play? Remember how much people hated Richard Jefferson? Wiggins is worse, if you factor in his contract.

I don't think there are any players worth taking in this draft if it means taking on Wiggins. He's that bad and this draft is not very good. Just draft a solid role player at #11, let the young guys play out this season, and hope for a high lottery pick in 2021.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is like having a 32 year old Carmelo Anthony for 3 years taking 32 mil of your cap. This isn't the draft to have the #2 pick, it's a role players draft whoever we pick would also be overpaid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiggins is like having a 32 year old Carmelo Anthony for 3 years taking 32 mil of your cap. This isn't the draft to have the #2 pick, it's a role players draft whoever we pick would also be overpaid.
    That's a good point actually. Number 2 pick is worth 9 mil first year. And it goes up. Your looking at 40mil for Wiggins and whoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That'll probably keep NBA audience dropping. There's a reason why nobody schedule compe ion during the Olympics that are siphoning all the attention in terms of audience and advertising. NBA will be an afterthought and devalued, like the "Bubble" already did this year.

People are used to a certain environment, point of references and history attached to the NBA. Change that and suddenly this doesn't feel like your NBA anymore. That's why the NBA's board is usually very reluctant and careful before changing even little details.

Now a season starting in January all through the summer and during the Olympics...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are also reports of more division games and less games out of the conference to reduce travel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who were the dudes who said the Rockets have a better future than us? LMFAO

Like I said over and over... Things in the NBA change quickly. Those who condemn the Spurs haven't watched the NBA for very long.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are you saying just let LMA and DDR leave for nothing? I am not opposed to this as I dont want bad contracts just to have something in return. I think you are undervaluing Wiggins. Yes doing him and # 2 is a risk but I think it would make us better and give us more potential in the long run. It also would fill one of out needs with a Big.
    I read a report the other day that some teams thought he would be good but did not know about All star good. He also wants to be the man and some wonder if he is not will it make him not play hard. That being said Ide still take the risk. if we can get them to throw in Mini pick in 2021 then I would jump on it so fast as we are only gaining 2 years of Wiggins contract because if not we will be paying LMA next year.

Thread Information