Page 22 of 110 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    30s
    ESPN Sources: For third time, NBA and NBPA agree to extend deadline to serve notice on terminating the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Extension goes to Oct. 30 now, which allows additional time for talks on CBA modifications that sources say continue to be productive.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Update:

This is back to Minny.

Minny is talking to teams trying to trade the #1 pick. They are selling the pick with the idea that you can trade for a pseudo superstar rental for the 1st overall pick. They have sold this idea to the Hawks, Knicks, and a number of other teams with whom they value the assets they got. I was told, they want a Dallas/Atlanta deal. top end (3-8) 1st rounder, 2021 top 5 protected pick and that's that but as I keep telling you, NO ONE HAS INTEREST in this type of deal so far. I was told that a contender is interested in drafting LaMelo Ball or James Wiseman 1st overall. Mainly Ball while being able to use that cap to get another key player that's readily available on the market that could help them win games.

There is not enough interest in the 1st overall pick prospects but there is some in this pseudo superstar who will opt out and test the market when he's a FA. This obviously lower his value and it's why Minny won't do the deal but they want a 3rd team to give them the assets to make it worthwhile for them. They want a key young player but I was told that's off-limits for all of the teams that's been reached. I was told about 5 teams have been reached. ATL, NYK, CHI, CHA, and SAS. I was told GSW was also reached for the similar deal but will have to add a 3rd team that they have major interest in to do the deal while isn't as appealing to GSW.

This would be a major trade as this would get that team the pick and another star while GS is financing it to land the Pseudo-superstar. This is the major hangup for GSW. Minny wants to do this deal. I've heard ATL and SAS have done their homework on the deal. This will cost SAS more asset wise than Atlanta in my viewpoint but MIN wants to trade back and have several guys they are targeting in our range and they want a 2021 1st rounder since they moved their 1st to GSW.

There is a lot of info that has come out in general and most of it is true. I did get confirmation that Atlanta is looking at both Jones Jr. and KCP as possible signings.
    Another rumor from the Hawks guy involving spurs. My guess is its Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another rumor from the Hawks guy involving spurs. My guess is its Paul George.
    Paul George is on the Clippers. Sounds like a DeRozan deal

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is on the Clippers. Sounds like a DeRozan deal
    Im reading this as MIN #1 to LAC , Paul George to SAS, #11 + Young player / 2021 1st to MIN.

Added:

I would agree and say for outside of Golden State, this is a much bigger risk than reward and for GS to do the deal without going asset broke, they need to hope Ball falls to #2. That said, GS will likely move back in the lottery. SA has been in talks with both teams and players are available to them that weren't available to us and Golden State is strongly considering it.
    That team wants the #1 or #2 overall pick and they really want the #1 overall pick to select Ball. They want to use that player's salary to get them a player from 4th team who's readily available for no charge. Basically, that team wants to build a contender around smart high BBIQ players who can spread the court, defend, give their priority player a lot of space to operate and they need a PG who can get the ball to players at will and make this system possible. They want to maximize versatility, size, skill, shooting, playmaking, and BBIQ. They realize their superstar isn't a playmaker which everyone knew already. It should be obvious who I am talking about. I just can't say names because I haven't been given approval to mention the names involved.
    Yeah , this is LAC , guessing they want to absorb Horfords contract too.

They both want out. Both would rather move down, or get a young potential star with controllable years but NO one wants to do that. That's why they want a top 8 pick. I honestly think MIN is targeting Haliburton or Toppin the most. GS is obviously targeting Okongwu and Haliburton but they can move up with ease. They have their own 2021 1st to trade as well so if they moved back and added a key young player with controllable years, they will do it and move back up to get one of these players. Golden State can play chess but they gotta move back.

Like I said, San Antonio is the obvious dance partner. They are zoning into Wiseman and been high on him for awhile. They also have young players that teams covet and they have options in general.

If there are three teams to keep an eye on, it's Atlanta, Golden State, and San Antonio. Atlanta's cap space is very generous to a blockbuster deal. I also wouldn't count on Dedmon being a Hawk in 2020. The core, yes but Dedmon could be moved.
    WTF!?? :

DeRozan is opting out this year from what's being stated behind the scenes and has full interest of the Clippers in a SnT deal. GS would die if they had to pay the tax for Dedmon of all players. Naw, this ain't it. We are talking about #1 overall pick. We are talking a perennial all star.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 10-15-2020 at 09:11 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George to SA?!? Yuck

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=rankingtear;10297070]Im reading this as MIN #1 to LAC , Paul George to SAS, #11 + Young player / 2021 1st to MIN.

Added:

That is a horrible trade for the Spurs. also we would have to get rid of someone with a bigger salary to match up with george. Would be funny since Kawhi wanted George here and we wait till he leaves and then get him.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    spurs trading up and nabbing Wiseman would be pretty awesome. i don't think he is going to be some D-Rob level player but he is definitely starting C / potential all-star quality and would fit in well with the young core

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan is opting out this year from what's being stated behind the scenes and has full interest of the Clippers in a SnT deal. GS would die if they had to pay the tax for Dedmon of all players. Naw, this ain't it. We are talking about #1 overall pick. We are talking a perennial all star.
    WTF?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe it's time to start questioning whether this guy is full of .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To LAC I could not see him getting a good contract. I could see him getting a good contract maybe from another team only denver would be a conrender though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs trading up and nabbing Wiseman would be pretty awesome. i don't think he is going to be some D-Rob level player but he is definitely starting C / potential all-star quality and would fit in well with the young core
    +1 Cosign!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are you getting this from

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anytime you see comments like this...
    "I just can't say names because I haven't been given approval to mention the names involved."
    you have to take with a grain of salt.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah maybe, but it's a long offseason, atleast it's a break from the recycled forbes and poop comments.

If I am reading this correctly:

- The GS deal is for Murray + 11 for Wiseman and TPE.
    - Dedmon is somehow involved in the trade
    - Murray is available for GSW at #2 and MIN at #1 but not available for ATL at #6.
    - S&T Derozan to LAC for minimal return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only believe things if I hear it from tspence or wojtek tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt most teams, particularly aspiring contenders, would prefer Murray over White and pairing DeRozan with S bag wouldn't make sense. Sure, he'd provide a clear upgrade in play making, but he can't play off ball (or defend) and obviously they wouldn't want the latter to take a back seat nor does he possess the humility to do so. The ideal compliment is someone along the lines of Lowry.

I've been a proponent of consolidating and trading up for a myriad of players, but I'd want the assets relinqueshed confined to Aldridge/DeRozan (or whatever asset for them if it's a 3 team trade), 11 and Murray. Not interested in going beyond that for a relative unknown.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-15-2020 at 10:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there’s smoke there’s fire! Lol honestly would move anyone to grab wiseman

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it’s a three team trade with the Clippers that keeps George in LA. This way they can go “big 3” with Kawhi, DeRozan, & George. Something like:

LAC: DeRozan
    MIN: Harrell & SAS 11th
    SAS: MIN 1st & James Johnson

I honestly think the Clippers might want more for Harrell. But since he is on an expiring deal they really can’t get too greedy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it’s a three team trade with the Clippers that keeps George in LA. This way they can go “big 3” with Kawhi, DeRozan, & George. Something like:

I honestly think the Clippers might want more for Harrell. But since he is on an expiring deal they really can’t get too greedy.
    Clippers going to have to move salary to pay DDR. Harrell is small potatoes in salaries.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- Take what I said about DeRozan with S bag and double it with George.
    - S bag and George are too big of divas to defend "PF's" full time.
    - Harrell is a free agent and doesn't make sense for the Timberwolves for the same reason DeRozan doesn't for the Clippers: Why would they turn Towns, their best player, into a floor spacer for him? Also, Harrell mostly needs to defend C's.
    - There's also no way he's worth moving from 1 to 11, even in this draft.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers going to have to move salary to pay DDR. Harrell is small potatoes in salaries.
    Harrell WAS small potatoes. A sign+trade for Harrell isn’t too far off from what a sign+trade for DeRozan might be.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Take what I said about DeRozan with S bag and double it with George.
    - S bag and George are too big of divas to defend "PF's" full time.
    - Harrell is a free agent and doesn't make sense for the Timberwolves for the same reason DeRozan doesn't for the Clippers: Why would they turn Towns, their best player, into a floor spacer for him? Also, Harrell mostly needs to defend C's.
    - There's also no way he's worth moving from 1 to 11, even in this draft.
    KAT starting shooting 8 threes a game this past year. He’s spacing the floor all by himself without Harrell already. As to the value of Harrell. I’d agree but this is minny we are talking about here. Who knows what they will do. Spurs should take advantage of any opportunity to move up to grab Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible that the NBA will allow the draft to take place during the moratorium so deals like the above could take place. It's a weird year. I don't see LAC taking DMDR is an S&T though. I think they'd instead want to trade for him and then extend him or probably not extend him so they could retool in 2021 if need be. Also considering that they'd be a clear tax-paying team, finding a workable amount of salary to send out would be hard. I think Harrell is a good player, but if he's signed to a big enough deal to make the numbers work, I don't think he'd have the value to make this happen.

I could see something of a three-team deal where a team like Philly gets Beverly and gives up their pick to SA. Hopefully that would mean that Richardson is the ballast, but I could totally see them slipping Horford into the deal and somehow coming away with Aldridge or Gay. In that scenario, the Spurs would need at least another first. There are convoluted scenarios where the Spurs could arguably get Minny what they'd want to let SA move up, including maybe getting Minny's own future first back from GS. It doesn't have to be completely different trades, but I think the motivation to get DeRozan where he wants is going to be different from SA trying to maneuver in the draft. In fact, LAC acquiring some salary via trades or by getting picks and signing them to contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pure offseason talk but as much as we talk poorly about certain players on the team guys like LA, Demar, Rudy, and patty are valuable to teams trying to win. Last year most people said Chris Paul was washed and wouldn’t be able to be traded because of his contract and after the way he played this season, he’s a wanted commodity again. Our guys aren’t CP3 but they’re still valuable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible that the NBA will allow the draft to take place during the moratorium so deals like the above could take place. It's a weird year. I don't see LAC taking DMDR is an S&T though. I think they'd instead want to trade for him and then extend him or probably not extend him so they could retool in 2021 if need be. Also considering that they'd be a clear tax-paying team, finding a workable amount of salary to send out would be hard. I think Harrell is a good player, but if he's signed to a big enough deal to make the numbers work, I don't think he'd have the value to make this happen.

I could see something of a three-team deal where a team like Philly gets Beverly and gives up their pick to SA. Hopefully that would mean that Richardson is the ballast, but I could totally see them slipping Horford into the deal and somehow coming away with Aldridge or Gay. In that scenario, the Spurs would need at least another first. There are convoluted scenarios where the Spurs could arguably get Minny what they'd want to let SA move up, including maybe getting Minny's own future first back from GS. It doesn't have to be completely different trades, but I think the motivation to get DeRozan where he wants is going to be different from SA trying to maneuver in the draft. In fact, LAC acquiring some salary via trades or by getting picks and signing them to contracts.
    This was posted earlier today
    https://www.slamonline.com/nba/trans...020-nba-draft/

There is much unknown to the offseason but one thing team executives confirmed to ESPN is that the transaction moratorium will be lifted before the draft.

Thread Information