Page 35 of 110 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m still amazed that the Warriors turned Russell’s contract into Wiggins unless they thought that first from the Wolves is a goldmine. Russell you probably could have talked a team into valuing given age, but obviously was a bad fit from the start and they only got him so they could get something back via S&T.

Or, they looked at the season and had already written it off, and see Wiggins as being a different player around Steph-Klay-Draymond. Why else would they have done the deal? Have they soured on him that much?

He is, though, one of the few big contracts they have to move for an impact piece along with 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been pretty quiet with NBA rumors for awhile now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s been pretty quiet with NBA rumors for awhile now.
    One for you fresh off the press...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-...210807578.html

"I know that they they got some headlines because (it) became known that they were looking at Avdija -- they were looking at him in Atlanta last week. But before that, they spent two days in Miami with Wiseman. And I think they had another prospect that they (tried) to secretly (bring) into Miami to work out there.
    "It all depends on what gets public, or what they want to get public."
    ‘My guess is it’s not Kira Lewis...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jazz interested in trading Gobert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor is Indiana is willing to let go on Victor Oladipo and not for much, like a package of Walker, 26th pick and the expiring of Mills could make the deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oladipo just isn't good anymore. He had one really good season and he was a late flower. Give Walker time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL Insider:
    San Antonio and Al Horford interest is real. They want him and they want someone who can run their system somewhat like TD used to do. Especially since its seen that DeRozan will opt out. This can open up PHI to expirings in LMA and Mills who could interest OKC for CP3 plus their draft assets that they have a lot of.
    Zach Lowe:
    Lowe spoke on the Lowe Post today with Yaron Weitzman about the Morey hire, and talked about how he polled a number of executives league wide about Horford and Tobias. Basically came away saying that horfords trade value is higher and teams aren’t that low on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Spurs would not jeopardize cap space to trade for a decent over the hill player making 30 mil that would be better suited on a contender

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now WE are interested in Horford?? What’s the point in bringing him over? Any team with Horford as the best player ain’t winning . Or are we trying to suck because I can think of better ways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL Insider:

Zach Lowe:
    ATL insider is bull .

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope that horford isnt the main target but their picks and thybulle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope Spurs would not jeopardize cap space to trade for a decent over the hill player making 30 mil that would be better suited on a contender
    looking at everything that has been done by the front office for a few years, this is exactly what I expect, and I also hope to see some analysis of why it was the right move to make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of y'all are way too obsessed with cap space. We only need cap space to pay our own players and as long as it doesn't interfere with that, it's not a big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without LMA and DeRozan, Horford could be useful.

He is a willing passer and still an excellent defender.

He would act as a booster to our young core.

Not taking touches away but making them stars.

But, he is kinda old and overpaid.
    And I don't see what's the teams plan with him on the roster.

Compete for the playoffs? Should that be a priority?
    I'd much rather another good pick in the '21 draft and then go for the playoffs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA doesn’t want to stick around, I could see the move to get Horford. Good locker room guy. Kinda reminds me of the Pau Gasol acquisition. Trying to find a smart well rounded big man to anchor the defense except Pau ended up being mediocre at best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m getting Pau Gasol flashbacks when I see Horford’s name being tossed around. So of course I believe this rumor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If LMA doesn’t want to stick around, I could see the move to get Horford. Good locker room guy. Kinda reminds me of the Pau Gasol acquisition. Trying to find a smart well rounded big man to anchor the defense except Pau ended up being mediocre at best.
    damn beat me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, paying Horford isn't the problem. I think the Spurs are okay with giving LMA that money on an extension, for example. Homeboy is overpaid as backup in Philly, but he earned a good contract by being a good player for years. The problem would be if SA lets their willingness to pay Horford lead them into a bad deal with Philly. They absolutely should be getting assets from the Sixers for doing the deal. It doesn't have to be the full for the contract as if Al were dead money. Certainly, they can come down on that if they feel Horford is a multi-year starter for them. But talking about this as a straight-up deal for LMA or with SA adding is way off the reservation. Ignoring that Aldridge is better than Horford, they need to leverage cap space for value before they can worry about building a team.

As I've said before, DMDR to LAC, Lou and Beverly to PHL and Horford to SA with the Spurs getting compensation works provided the Spurs find an Aldridge deal. But if they aren't going to have the mentality of a rebuilding team, they should just stay the course with their best players and reevaluate next off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau wasn't really mediocre. His impact numbers were pretty good. The issue is that he couldn't play with Aldridge but was being paid like he could. In a world where SA had pulled off a LMA for CP3 or Irving swap, I think he would've justified his contract, at least until he got hurt. I think if Paul could do it over again, he would've just signed with SA and probably won a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do people not realize how washed Horford is? He averages about half (exaggeration) of LMA in stats and they want to bring him in while paying him LMA money for 3 more years??? Makes zero sense.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    How do people not realize how washed Horford is? He averages about half (exaggeration) of LMA in stats and they want to bring him in while paying him LMA money for 3 more years??? Makes zero sense.
    agree somewhat, BUT, a lot of that is because of playing in the ty system they had in Philly. Their 4 best players all basically excel playing PF and Horford/Embiid did not work at all together.

if Spurs get rid of LMA, Horford would be a decent replacement as he can actually pass, play D, and stretch the floor somewhat. but his contract is disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree somewhat, BUT, a lot of that is because of playing in the ty system they had in Philly. Their 4 best players all basically excel playing PF and Horford/Embiid did not work at all together.

if Spurs get rid of LMA, Horford would be a decent replacement as he can actually pass, play D, and stretch the floor somewhat. but his contract is disgusting
    The dude is 34. How many more years of defense can we really expect from him? Maybe one? I agree that Philly was a ty roster though Morey will fix all that though. I just hate his contract. We better be getting some sort of unprotected 1st for that disaster of a contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horford is great player to have for a rebuilding tbh from what I’ve seen from afar he’s a pretty good cultural guy to have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Kenny Atkinson is just not going to coach anywhere?

Thread Information