Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My trade also has wiseman in there. it would be LMA for Wiggins and #2 so we would get #2 and #11. thats why I would rather have Wiggins then Horford. Also in your trade are we just sending Picks to GS? Clippers get DDR and Portland gets LMA. Why would GS do that trade of just picks? They want a win now player.
    Getting 2 without including 11 is not realistic. Even in this draft and given their unique situation, they're not literally trading from near the top to out of the 1st round for a 35 year old, on an expiring contract, even if it means dumping an albatross in the process.

In my trade, "we're" offering: 11, 21 (76ers), 34 (76ers via Hawks) and the Trail Blazers lottery protected '21 1st for 2.

Again, they need inexpensive depth/youth and they still have the Timberwolves top 3 protected '21 1st to try to land a significant piece. They probably don't do it, but they at least have to think about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting 2 without including 11 is not realistic. Even in this draft and given their unique situation, they're not literally trading from near the top to out of the 1st round for a 35 year old, on an expiring contract, even if it means dumping an albatross in the process.

In my trade, "we're" offering: 11, 21 (76ers), 34 (76ers via Hawks) and the Trail Blazers lottery protected '21 1st for 2.

Again, they need inexpensive depth/youth and they still have the Timberwolves top 3 protected '21 1st to try to land a significant piece. They probably don't do it, but they at least have to think about it.
    They are trying to win now. They are not a build for the future team. If I was them I would much rather have Aldridge then all the picks. Yes LMA would be enough to get #2 especially since we are taking on Wiggins contract. No teams want Wiggins so they have to attach a sweetener to get rid of him. Since the get LMA they also make themselves better this year. Your tade also has way to many parts to be likely. Your at 5 teams. I dont know when the last time a 5 team trade was done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are trying to win now. They are not a build for the future team. If I was them I would much rather have Aldridge then all the picks. Yes LMA would be enough to get #2 especially since we are taking on Wiggins contract. No teams want Wiggins so they have to attach a sweetener to get rid of him. Since the get LMA they also make themselves better this year. Your tade also has way to many parts to be likely. Your at 5 teams. I dont know when the last time a 5 team trade was done.
    They're trying to have a sustainable run along the lines of the Spurs. You don't do that by trading 2 for a 35 year old and as much as Wiggins is an albatross, his loss would further deplete their paper thin depth, especially on the wing.

In this case, the sweetener would be that they're taking the 35 year old on an expiring contract who otherwise wouldn't be able to get the Spurs anywhere near this caliber of asset (even if it is not a true 2).

Of course my trades (it'd initially be a 3 teamer, with the Warriors an option after the fact) aren't likely. Virtually no trade is. I propose trades I could envision compelling all parties involved, not just the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're trying to have a sustainable run along the lines of the Spurs. You don't do that by trading 2 for a 35 year old and as much as Wiggins is an albatross, his loss would further deplete their paper thin depth, especially on the wing.

In this case, the sweetener would be that they're taking the 35 year old on an expiring contract who otherwise wouldn't be able to get the Spurs anywhere near this caliber of asset (even if it is not a true 2).

Of course my trades (it'd initially be a 3 teamer, with the Warriors an option after the fact) aren't likely. Virtually no trade is. I propose trades I could envision compelling all parties involved, not just the Spurs.
    Every team would love to have the tenure the Spurs had but its not realistic. They have about a 3 year window to win that. Yes this is about the time that Wiseman would be getting good if he does. Need to add to current team to win if not would not be looked at as a probable team to win just make PO.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D’Antoni never worked with Pop. His only Spurs connection was a brief stint as a player before exile to Italy.
    I thought he briefly worked as a scout for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every team would love to have the tenure the Spurs had but its not realistic. They have about a 3 year window to win that. Yes this is about the time that Wiseman would be getting good if he does. Need to add to current team to win if not would not be looked at as a probable team to win just make PO.
    Of course it's not, but they've got a slim chance to pull of something somewhat similar and your proposal would fly in the face of that. Getting a projected plug and play, 3 and D combo forward like Bey at 11 would be potentially significant for them now and going forward.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it's not, but they've got a slim chance to pull of something somewhat similar and your proposal would fly in the face of that. Getting a projected plug and play, 3 and D combo forward like Bey at 11 would be potentially significant for them now and going forward.
    Right but If I am the Spurs I do not take on Wiggins contract for just that. It has to work both ways and they need it more then the Spurs. This also helps them with the Lux tax.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right but If I am the Spurs I do not take on Wiggins contract for just that. It has to work both ways and they need it more then the Spurs. This also helps them with the Lux tax.
    The Spurs would know better than to waste their time if 11 wasn't involved. That's the only way it works both ways and they don't need it more than the Spurs. They can probably do better or at least as well elsewhere and if not, there's no rush to make a move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely. Still easily better overall, a better fit with the "culture"/youth and cheaper.

If they could do that and the 3 team trade I suggested, they'd have a rotation of . . .

Horford/Gay/Lyles
    Fournier/Johnson
    Wiseman/Horford
    White/Walker
    Murray/Mills

Kabengele, Samanic
    Why on earth would you want to make this team worse by trading for Horford. He's a bigger fossil than Aldridge. Taking on 27.5 million in cap for an over 30 s of his former self. I've been adamant since day 1 about trading or removing DeRozan from this roster. I would rather give DeRozan a max three year extension than trade for that washed up scrub.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree that the proposed trade (LMA for 2 and Wiggins) would deplete their depth on the wings, but its also true that for several reasons they need win now veterans.
    That's why, having the Iguodala exception, a better trade would be LMA + Gay for 2, Wiggins+ AI trade exception
    Gay just had a good bubble series of good games and is exactly the scoring kind of player they could be a good fit for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Kevin O'Connor] - Rumblings around the league suggest Golden State and Charlotte covet Wiseman; to get him, the Hornets might need to leapfrog to trade up.
    ATL Insider:
    GS/CHA have had talks. CHA has shown interest in trading up but felt GS request was too high at first. Zeller was a target but CHA felt the price was too steep. They have since countered with 3/Batum/Monk for 2/Wiggins. This one has a real shot of happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the is Zeller too much to pay for Wiseman?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol GS would snap their hands off.

Doubt there's anything real in these 'insider' stories.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the is Zeller too much to pay for Wiseman?
    In a trade up from 3 to 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a trade up from 3 to 2?
    It doesn't matter. If you think Wiseman is the center of the future, why is your mediocre current center stopping the trade?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter. If you think Wiseman is the center of the future, why is your mediocre current center stopping the trade?
    Depends what they think of the next guy on their board. Maybe they are not sure wiseman is better value than zeller + ball/edwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends what they think of the next guy on their board. Maybe they are not sure wiseman is better value than zeller + ball/edwards.
    That's what losing teams do. Zeller has no value against a center of the future. It's fine if they just don't like Wiseman. But it's not justifiable to think he's the best player available but hold out on a relative scrub like Zeller.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the proposed trade (LMA for 2 and Wiggins) would deplete their depth on the wings, but its also true that for several reasons they need win now veterans.
    That's why, having the Iguodala exception, a better trade would be LMA + Gay for 2, Wiggins+ AI trade exception
    Gay just had a good bubble series of good games and is exactly the scoring kind of player they could be a good fit for them.

You can't trade a trade exception.... ???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ing woke up at 3am this morning because of a dream I had where we traded DeMar DeRozan for Utah's 5th overall pick and only realized it was a dream when I ing realized Utah didn't have the 5th pick this year. Damnit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't trade a trade exception.... ???
    You kinda can. You trade a player into another team’s trade exception, taking back no salary. YOU now have a trade exception for doing so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You kinda can. You trade a player into another team’s trade exception, taking back no salary. YOU now have a trade exception for doing so.

Oh....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on earth would you want to make this team worse by trading for Horford. He's a bigger fossil than Aldridge. Taking on 27.5 million in cap for an over 30 s of his former self. I've been adamant since day 1 about trading or removing DeRozan from this roster. I would rather give DeRozan a max three year extension than trade for that washed up scrub.
    Like I said multiple times, though past his prime, Horford can still play (76ers are a poor fit), would be a good fit all the way around and would bring draft pick(s) for taking on his albatross.

Depending on what they could get for DeRozan, they'd have a legit shot to be better short and long term.

I suspect they'd prefer more so prime aged or young veterans and either way, a gimpy 34 year old on an expiring contract wouldn't diminish the importance of getting 11 for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Petrini , Kens5:
    Al Horford's deal isn't quite as big, but it's big enough that anyone trading for him would likely get draft assets in return. He looked rough for long stretches of last season, but his skills would compliment San Antonio's roster. There seems to be some interest there.
    Both teams in his hometown of Los Angeles may be looking for an upgrade at point guard, and DeRozan could be that. He basically played the point as the 4 in the bubble, and he’s still a bucket from 18-feet and in. He could also draw interest from the Bucks, who desperately needed shot creation in the playoffs. DeRozan has also been tied to Miami, where he’s close with Jimmy Butler.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 11-02-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Thread Information