Page 4 of 110 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop likely scrutinized Mute cancer for having no loyalty and yall expect him to do the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow that deal for Dejounte Murray...
    He has disappointed. I am in the camp that overestimated his value too. He may yet live up to a role that justifies that salary but it is looking like an overpay at this point, particularly when White is better and it doesn't look like they can afford to pay him without some kind of trade. There are potential trades in the future IMO, maybe LMA or Demar, but I can't let them see White just leave in FA when his time comes (because he has value, and they can get an asset for him at the very least, if they aren't going to pay him, but they should want to keep him.)
    At the time, it was universally lauded as a great contract too. Unfortunately, he has shown that all those workout videos are all just fluff so far.

He still has time to figure it out and make himself worth that contract, but I don't think he has the BBIQ to ever become a star level player. That All-Defensive team nod may have been fool's gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Do you think we can get a pick and Jacque Vaughn BACK for him?

I think Jauque is the type MENTORING POINT GAURD/ HEAD COACH Dj NEEDS.

Imagine Jauque making DJ "Oladipo LIGHT"

If not DJ, then Maybe Lonnie Walker IV is VicOladipo 2.0.

Oh the Possibilities.....
    Whether or not you like Pop, you must be smoking the good stuff if you think the Spurs will EVER trade him or force him out.

For better or worse, Pop will leave on his terms, and that will be when he chooses to retire. I don't ever see him coaching another NBA team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wonder if the nets would wait until dantoni gets fired.

i'd take jeff van gundy over mark jackson and vaughn. i could see kd and kyrie wanting mark jackson out of those three though.
    Mark Jackson isn’t that good. He had two playoff teams, but the second one wasn’t as good as the first, and Kerr came in and won three rings in four years. Jackson also had Raymond firmly nailed to the bench, failing to recognize his abilities. He also clashed with the GS ownership, not liking his gay son being in the front office. Jeebo s gonna jeebo .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i don't want pop to go to the nets. as much as we complain about him, kd and kyrie don't deserve him... pop would actually get them to the finals in year one. and i hate kd and kyrie.
    Pop would literally murder KD and Kyrie by like the 2nd day of training camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it would

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Mark Jackson isn’t that good. He had two playoff teams, but the second one wasn’t as good as the first, and Kerr came in and won three rings in four years. Jackson also had Raymond firmly nailed to the bench, failing to recognize his abilities. He also clashed with the GS ownership, not liking his gay son being in the front office. Jeebo s gonna jeebo .
    i know he sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. Kerr himself said he had Green slated for a 10-15 mpg backup combo forward role, until Lee got injured in training camp, he became the starting four by default and the rest is history.

Their first championship, they didn't have to go through a single elite team due to historical opponent injury luck and their next two required begging the consensus second best player in the league to join them and destroy any semblance of compe ive balance.

Don't kid yourself, from a management/coaching perspective, the majority of it is luck. The latest beneficiary is the Raptors, who have fallen ass backwards into their current situation and fooled people into thinking they have a secret sauce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time, it was universally lauded as a great contract too. Unfortunately, he has shown that all those workout videos are all just fluff so far.

He still has time to figure it out and make himself worth that contract, but I don't think he has the BBIQ to ever become a star level player. That All-Defensive team nod may have been fool's gold.
    Yup, I was glad when he got it. It's unfortunate he has disappointed. I guess we could all give him another season, but I am definitely not as high on him as I used to be and I have a feeling the Spurs would be better off finding a good trade for him. Hoping to be wrong at this point and wishing him the best. The last thing I want as a fan is for him to not progress.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Firstly, Tony isn't the mentoring type. Unless you are a wife of a teammate who sub in for you in crunch time during the NBA finals. Then Enrique becomes your BFF, always smiling at you, staying up late talking to you on the phone, SEXTING, and of course the old IN OUT.

Second. Tony has apparently being going through the end of yet ANOTHER marriage, and DJ seems to only meet his babes in IG so doubt TP see's him as a viable wing man to troll for babes.
    He's getting another divorce? Link? just legit curious lol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    new article: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...-demar-derozan.

who’s gonna hook us up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets or Heat imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it say something we don't know?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Pop Go to New Jersey. Next two years contend for a le with KD and Kylie. Probably won’t work out, but better than this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop can go to the Nets and take Bryn Forbes right with him. I'm sure KD and Kyrie need a shooter

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona is causing a load of divorces that’s for sure.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Corona is causing a load of divorces that’s for sure.
    yeah, i just read an article about that actually.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    something to think about: demar's last contract was for 5 years / $139,000,000...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to be unreasonable. I know this is farfetched. But came across article in which Pop praised Jovic. Is there any way we can find a trade to get him? I'm 99% sure they don't want to trade him but just for fun can you guys think of a way to make it happen? I don't think we match up well but if we introduce a third team it might work out. I'm thinking Utah and Gobert going to Denver to mitigate the loss of Jovic. Thing is that after bubble I think some of our pieces like Walker, White, Murray and Poetl have increased value so its not like we get Jovic for LMA straight up. That's silly but DMD and some other pieces could get us Jovic signed for 3 more years. Add to it what we keep like KJ and two or three of Walker, White, Murray plus our lottery pick and we look very good. Again pipe dream but fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn kawhi's looking amazing right now. 3x finals MVP for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You know 2 way contracts the G League and the Spurs DEVELOPMENT program have certainly come a long way.

I dont think the 2 year 2 way contract was a thing in 2010 and the Austin Spurs where the Toros.

I cant help but wonder what kind of player RYAN RICHARDSON would have been if he was able to get one of those contracts back then....
    Richards didn't want to work to get better. Had he been willing to come in humble and start from the bottom, he'd've made the roster. His skill level was almost unheard of for bigs a decade ago. But he forced his way over, got cut and ran back to Europe instead of going to the d-league where someone would have picked up him just for the potential alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else see those pics of LMA looking like Antonio McDyess now that he's old and slimmer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else see those pics of LMA looking like Antonio McDyess now that he's old and slimmer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Especially in black and white, he reminds me of Dice. And I loved that old dude, even though he wasn't quite good enough to be what the Spurs needed. To this day, his tip-in against the Lakers ranks among my favorite moments of Spurs fandom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i just read an article about that actually.
    This is why you marry someone you actually enjoy being around. My wife and I are actually enjoying it.

I can't imagine being cooped up in the same house with some of my exes for 5 months and counting, tho.

Thread Information