Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would have to offer one our young guards to get the #2 without giving up the 11th pick. White while showing up the most in the bubble is also closest to his ceiling. If we could get Wiseman at 2, I would really like to take a chance with Pokusevski at 11.
    I was merely talking about fan reception to the trade, not really the viability of said trade. I understand White is the better guard to be traded (I've talked about that on this very thread), but I don't like the particular trade you proposed since we lose Samanic for virtually nothing, and could get better value for White IMO, or at least on a different trade package separate from DDR. Lastly, there's no way GSW agrees to that deal; they have no use for a rookie like Sammich nor a non-3, non-D, high-ball usage guard in DDR who'd take the ball away from Curry and Klay and be worse than the both of them. So I'm not really seeing it, tbh.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we could trade LMA to get an additional 1st round pick after 11? Moving up to take on other’s trash sounds awful. Next year’s draft is supposed to have better top options. , in Kevin O’Connor’s mock draft from the Ringer today, he has Toppin dropping all the way to 11. With so much uncertainty in the first round, I’m content seeing what drops to 11.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    so... when can players be signed, etc.?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so... when can players be signed, etc.?
    They have to decide on when the season will start and cap before they can be signed. not haveing this agreed upon could hurt trading during the draft as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to quit ing around and make a decision already about the upcoming season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to quit ing around and make a decision already about the upcoming season
    There’s a lot of money at stake between the two options: Christmas vs. MLK. The later start could cost 500 million in lost revenue.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players want it all. Don't want to suffer like everyone else. They want to wait, but they aren't willing to to take the economic hit for it. Its all about the TV contracts and they are risking it all...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. What other lists do you keep? 5 Best Shoe Deals? How about ‘Top 8 players the Spurs should trade for because their wives are smoking hot’? Now that’s a thread...
    Lol most hardcore basketball fans I’ve seen/talked with can easily rattle off 10 terrible contracts in the NBA... so I’m not sure if your insult works very well. But nice try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The New Orleans Pelicans are openly discussing star Jrue Holiday in trade talks and several contending teams are pursuing, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    9:16am · 4 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ZOMG Lonnie has been working out with Jrue

itsallconnected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm confused, can trades be done right now? Or just agreed to until Dec 1st?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have nothing interesting to offer anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a window during the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @TheSteinLine

NBA Voting Update: All the momentum on the player side today indicates that the union, through a vote of team player representatives, is poised to ratify the NBA's plan to open training camps Dec. 1 and start the 2020-21 season Dec. 22 by week's end
    3:31pm · 4 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally, trades can be done as soon as both/all teams in the deal are eliminated from the playoffs. But the NBA put a moratorium on trades, probably back when the bubble opened. So until they officially lift it, no. As Ex said, they're supposed to lift it in time for the draft, but we won't know that until later in the week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m hoping we make a push for Hayward who apparently wants out of Boston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward's done tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pass on hayward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward's done tbh.
    He can be revived!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally, trades can be done as soon as both/all teams in the deal are eliminated from the playoffs. But the NBA put a moratorium on trades, probably back when the bubble opened. So until they officially lift it, no. As Ex said, they're supposed to lift it in time for the draft, but we won't know that until later in the week.
    There’s a window, during the playoffs, when non-playoff teams, or teams eliminated from the playoffs can make trades. That slams shut as soon as the horn sounds on the last game of the Finals. That’s where we are now. Not sure exactly what happens going forward, but they will open a window during the draft.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    yeah, on the warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not without getting paid to take on his contract...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a window, during the playoffs, when non-playoff teams, or teams eliminated from the playoffs can make trades. That slams shut as soon as the horn sounds on the last game of the Finals.
    Huh? That's not the way it works normally. You can trade anytime between when you've finished your last game and the following trade deadline, with the only other exception being the five (previously 10) day window of the regular moratorium. There is normally not a window that closes between the Finals and the draft. That's only because of this season.

104. What is the trade deadline?
    The trade deadline is defined as 3:00 PM Eastern Time on the 10th day prior to All-Star Sunday -- i.e., the Thursday of the second week prior to the All-Star game. This is the point during the season after which trades are prohibited. The prohibition on trades lasts until the day following the team's final game of the season (see question number 101), although playoff teams are allowed to trade players that are not on their playoff roster the day after the regular season ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hayward is made of paper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Hayward, DeRozan has a lucrative player option ($27.7 million) that he will almost certainly pick up. Unlike Hayward, there really isn’t even a conversation to have with his team about opting out to sign a longer-term deal. The Spurs are rebuilding and DeRozan is 31, so a more likely scenario is a trade after he opts into the deal.

- Hollinger

Thread Information