Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Especially in black and white, he reminds me of Dice. And I loved that old dude, even though he wasn't quite good enough to be what the Spurs needed. To this day, his tip-in against the Lakers ranks among my favorite moments of Spurs fandom.
    Same

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This is why you marry someone you actually enjoy being around. My wife and I are actually enjoying it.

I can't imagine being cooped up in the same house with some of my exes for 5 months and counting, tho.
    yeah, i can get why people are splitting but it is still sorta surprising, to me, given the economy.

but yeah, i wouldn't want to be cooped up so long with certain people either...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

32m
    NBA nearing final steps on moving draft combine to a virtual event at regional sites, sources say espn.com/nba/story/_/id…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Richards didn't want to work to get better. Had he been willing to come in humble and start from the bottom, he'd've made the roster. His skill level was almost unheard of for bigs a decade ago. But he forced his way over, got cut and ran back to Europe instead of going to the d-league where someone would have picked up him just for the potential alone.
    I remember him dude had tons of potential in the end I don’t know if he didn’t want to work hard if he just had a screw loose? He has been bounced from one league after the other after he left the Spurs playing for some leagues I can’t even pronounce. Maybe he is just one of those free spirited people who want to see the world and don’t really care about making a name for themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Especially in black and white, he reminds me of Dice. And I loved that old dude, even though he wasn't quite good enough to be what the Spurs needed. To this day, his tip-in against the Lakers ranks among my favorite moments of Spurs fandom.
    I still remember Reggie Miller's comment on the replay of that tip-in... "That's game-time"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    like i said on the first page, spurs should target dwight howard. but if they can’t land him then i think marc gasol for a year would be a solid vet to have off the bench, he’s not gonna cost much. very much prefer him over trey and zeller.
    Not so sure about Dwight Howard after Game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Off-season goal: Find person who did this...

Phone and browser results in same use of word in sentence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a chance they are referring to Tottenham though each would be reasonable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a chance they are referring to Tottenham though each would be reasonable
    That idea did cross my mind.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-10003130.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True story. I expanded my sports viewing in the early 2000s. EPL I watched. I needed a team. Of course the Spurs would be “my” team. Colors are close too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oct. 18: Free-agent negotiations can begin (6:00 p.m. ET)
    Oct. 19-23: Free-agency moratorium (begins 12:01 a.m. ET)

• First-round selections can sign contracts
    • Minimum contracts can be signed
    • Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet
    • Third- and fourth-year rookie options can be exercised

Oct. 23: Free agency begins (12:00 p.m. ET)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some odd reason, DJ removed this post:

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/d...thy-off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he had his exit interview and Pop told him he isn't untouchable.

Murray seems to have the right at ude...on Instagram. He needs to back it up with his play on the court and frankly, he hasn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, it's odd he would remove it. It's a thankful and hopeful message for the fans...

He could have been informed that trades are possible and he is a candidate. Not necessarily that they are looking to trade him, but that Spurs are listening to offers. If he is uncertain of remaining in the team another season then the post doesn't make sense. That is what came to mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, it's odd he would remove it. It's a thankful and hopeful message for the fans...

He could have been informed that trades are possible and he is a candidate. Not necessarily that they are looking to trade him, but that Spurs are listening to offers. If he is uncertain of remaining in the team another season then the post doesn't make sense. That is what came to mind.
    I feel like if it was that, with how sensitive he is, he would have removed everything Spurs related
    Last edited by Dejounte; 08-20-2020 at 12:34 PM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Front offices are privately concerned about the lack of salary cap and luxury tax projections in place prior to October 16 draft, which would allow them to make crucial decisions --- including on possible trades --- with a clearer understanding of the financial ramifications.
    2:18pm · 20 Aug 2020 · Twitter Web App

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read this article on fivethirtyeight.com about the top performers in the bubble. They calculated every player's WAR (wins above replacement) in the bubble games and Derrick White was #8, just ahead of Luka Doncic.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-nba-restart/

PLAYER TEAM OFFENSE DEFENSE TOTAL WAR
    James Harden HOU +15.0 +4.4 +19.4 2.78
    Damian Lillard POR 13.8 -2.6 11.2 2.42
    Devin Booker PHO 9.8 0.1 9.9 1.76
    Kawhi Leonard LAC 11.0 2.4 13.4 1.65
    Paul George LAC 6.9 6.5 13.3 1.62
    Nikola Vučević ORL 4.2 4.1 8.3 1.33
    Nemanja Bjelica SAC 2.8 7.5 10.3 1.28
    Derrick White SAS 3.5 5.3 8.8 1.25
    Luka Dončić DAL 6.7 0.1 6.8 1.22
    Gary Trent Jr. POR 6.4 -0.6 5.8 1.19
    Bogdan Bogdanović SAC 6.1 0.0 6.0 1.17
    Chris Paul OKC 4.5 3.8 8.3 1.16
    Thomas Bryant WAS 3.2 3.2 6.4 1.11
    Nikola Jokić DEN 7.1 -0.6 6.5 1.11
    Cameron Payne PHO 4.2 4.6 8.9 1.08

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone else has posted something like this, but ...

If Pop's coming back, I think they could use another old codger assistant coach to be on the bench with him. I think he missed having a peer to commiserate with this past season.

I don't know the terms of his contract with being fired with 1 year left, but I think Gentry could be that guy. The coached together under Larry Brown, and Gentry at least used to have family in-laws in the area though I don't know if those relationships are still there and on good terms, but I think it'd be nice to have Gentry back.

Even if it's only to have an old comrade to complain to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone else has posted something like this, but ...

If Pop's coming back, I think they could use another old codger assistant coach to be on the bench with him. I think he missed having a peer to commiserate with this past season.

I don't know the terms of his contract with being fired with 1 year left, but I think Gentry could be that guy. The coached together under Larry Brown, and Gentry at least used to have family in-laws in the area though I don't know if those relationships are still there and on good terms, but I think it'd be nice to have Gentry back.

Even if it's only to have an old comrade to complain to.
    Kenny Atkinson would be nice

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenny Atkinson would be nice
    He would be, but he might still be able to grab the Bulls job, or Cleveland, or maybe the 76ers. Maybe if he's designated coach in waiting to Pop.

But also, he's pretty young at 53. I was thinking of an old guy who just sits in the bar or barber shop to be there for Pop to to the young players these days, and Gentry would just sort of nod back as if to say, "You're damn right".

And at 65 with his number of stops, there's no way Gentry is ever getting another head coaching job. It's either retire or go back to being an assistant.

And Pop had hired him to come back as an assistant in like 2000 before he got the Clippers job after like a month. So Pop must like him (or liked him).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be, but he might still be able to grab the Bulls job, or Cleveland, or maybe the 76ers. Maybe if he's designated coach in waiting to Pop.

But also, he's pretty young at 53. I was thinking of an old guy who just sits in the bar or barber shop to be there for Pop to to the young players these days, and Gentry would just sort of nod back as if to say, "You're damn right".

And at 65 with his number of stops, there's no way Gentry is ever getting another head coaching job. It's either retire or go back to being an assistant.

And Pop had hired him to come back as an assistant in like 2000 before he got the Clippers job after like a month. So Pop must like him (or liked him).
    It doesn't hurt that Gentry is considered to be one of the best offensive coordinators in the league. The Spurs could use a fresh but experienced mind to try to make sense of the talented but flawed offensive pieces the roster has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I kind of feel the report that came out this year that the day before Kenny and the Nets parted ways, he had dinner with Pop (and RC too?). I think it has to mean something...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger has twice suggested Spurs send Rudy Gay to Golden State for Andre Iguodala's trade exception. He thinks a second round pick + trade exception would suffice. Seems light to me. Maybe a pair of seconds or Paschall or Smailagic? Any thoughts on Gay's value?

The exception would be helpful toward retaining Poeltl.
    Last edited by Excessive Egotist; 08-21-2020 at 11:47 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read this article on fivethirtyeight.com about the top performers in the bubble. They calculated every player's WAR (wins above replacement) in the bubble games and Derrick White was #8, just ahead of Luka Doncic.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...e-nba-restart/

PLAYER TEAM OFFENSE DEFENSE TOTAL WAR
    James Harden HOU +15.0 +4.4 +19.4 2.78
    Damian Lillard POR 13.8 -2.6 11.2 2.42
    Devin Booker PHO 9.8 0.1 9.9 1.76
    Kawhi Leonard LAC 11.0 2.4 13.4 1.65
    Paul George LAC 6.9 6.5 13.3 1.62
    Nikola Vučević ORL 4.2 4.1 8.3 1.33
    Nemanja Bjelica SAC 2.8 7.5 10.3 1.28
    Derrick White SAS 3.5 5.3 8.8 1.25
    Luka Dončić DAL 6.7 0.1 6.8 1.22
    Gary Trent Jr. POR 6.4 -0.6 5.8 1.19
    Bogdan Bogdanović SAC 6.1 0.0 6.0 1.17
    Chris Paul OKC 4.5 3.8 8.3 1.16
    Thomas Bryant WAS 3.2 3.2 6.4 1.11
    Nikola Jokić DEN 7.1 -0.6 6.5 1.11
    Cameron Payne PHO 4.2 4.6 8.9 1.08

Bjelica is like a supercharged version of Davis Bertans-- great shooter but he'll give you more rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals than Bertans. Lakers made a huge mistake IMO refusing Sacramento's offer of Bjelica and a pick for Kuzma. One of the most under-the-radar producers in the league.

Thread Information