Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just think it's a weird accusation to make against them. They clearly were not attracted to Philly's offer of Cov, Saric and 10 (if indeed they offered all that) or LAC's offer of 12 or 13 and Harris. They wanted a star to build around in the same way Houston would if they want a Simmons deal. That they decided on what they did is certainly something most of us have criticized for years at this point. But there's zero evidence they'd be interested in Brooklyn's offer.

I don't see a Simmons trade as a rebuilding move, and I doubt Houston would either given the rest of their roster. Unless they get a sweetheart deal for Russ, they're probably stuck with win-now role-players, and the recourse to Simmons ++ would be to try to make that work. A rebuilding package would be sending him to GS for Wiggins and Looney along with 2 and any other pick that GS has that's not nailed down. Or Minny could do Culver 1, 17 and filler. ATL certainly also has a rebuilding package they could offer. With a guy like Harden, Houston has the option to take back whatever package they want. The Spurs didn't have that with Kawhi, but they still tried to get the young star rather than the middling players and an okay first like the Nets look to be offering.
    Because they wanted someone to serve as their offensive engine so they could remain pseudo compe ive. LeVert and Dinwiddie could fill that role.

I didn't say Simmons would be a re-building move, I said the Spurs would rather the Nets pu pu platter over a re-building move.

I'm well aware the situations are different. In the end, the Spurs took middling players and a late 1st.

The Rockets not stuck with win now role players. If they can land Simmons and offload Westbrook on the Hornets, then they can turn Tucker and maybe Covington (they might prefer to retain him) into a late 1st+ too. They'd just be stuck with Gordon, but in and of itself that's not that big of a deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to timestamp their predictions for which teams LA, DeMar, Rudy, and Patty will be employed by come Thursday morning? I'll guess LA to Golden State, DeMar to Phoenix, Rudy to Golden State, and Patty to Brooklyn.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    let's call it a day boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lord Baby Jesus, I know there are a lot of things going on in the world with covid and all, so you must be getting a bunch of prayer requests. But if you only answer one prayer, let it be that the Spurs DO NOT run it back with DD and LMA. Please use your magic baby Jesus powers to bring players into the SA organization that we can all look forward to seeing play for years to come. Amen. Oh, one last thing before we end this epic baby Jesus talk, don’t let Kawhi get another ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's call it a day boys

Spurs wouldn't do this to DeMarcus, okc would need to send picks because derozan is a better player,

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    okc would need to send picks because derozan is a better player
    no one here even wants demar

spurs would get a starting caliber C and young SF.

on TOP of that, it makes aldridge more expendable tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it's interesting no one's mentioned the team going after Kelly Oubre. Gotta think he's for sale in OKC now. I'm hoping SA wouldn't give up a first, but he seems like one of the most obvious targets.
    For anyone who was interested in Kuzma, they should love Oubre.

The fact Thunder have so many picks makes a trade with them easier to swing (picks help fill the gap). Spurs could do something around Gay or Mills as salaries match (OKC may want to route them to a third team who need a proven vet), and then could help OKC move up in draft.

Or throw in Murray for Oubre, and maybe get back some of that future draft value, though not sure how other teams value Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone want to timestamp their predictions for which teams LA, DeMar, Rudy, and Patty will be employed by come Thursday morning? I'll guess LA to Golden State, DeMar to Phoenix, Rudy to Golden State, and Patty to Brooklyn.
    Aldridge to Golden State, Demar to Atlanta, Gay and Mills stay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills will stay and get resigned for a few million as the Spurs culture guy. I have no problems with that.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's coming off a season with good numbers and is on an expiring deal. Minimal risk for any team that trades for him especially if it's only going to cost you moving down 5 or 6 spots in a "weak" draft (See DET, ATL).

tier players on tier deals get moved all the time. Just because the franchise has made 1 good trade in 20 years doesn't mean they're hard to execute
    I see no motivation for a team already not competing to give up a draft asset for a player that doesn’t move the needle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see no motivation for a team already not competing to give up a draft asset for a player that doesn’t move the needle.
    It depends on how you define 'moving the needle'.... for teams like Atlanta or Detroit 'moving the needle' is competing for the 8th spot... DDR moves the needle for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's gonna be a long wait till Wednesday night. Agree that it's a seller's market right now, and waiting actually works in the Spurs' favor. Just gotta hope the FO is in the same boat as the fans... The fiesta jerseys and bubble team give me hope, but I don't want to be TOO hopeful and end up disappointed.

We should do an official predictions thread on Wednesday morning, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Harden trade goes through to Nets...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Harden trade goes through to Nets...

change it to a brick and they got it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    change it to a brick and they got it
    I would love to see Harden go to the Nets. Three divas who want to be the alpha but have never successfully led a team to anything. Durant is the closest but he rode the Warriors to his rings.

Vegas could make a betting line on which player demands a trade first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see Harden go to the Nets. Three divas who want to be the alpha but have never successfully led a team to anything. Durant is the closest but he rode the Warriors to his rings.

It'll be a glorious train wreck to watch, especially when all the casual fans realize Dominos will never be the same after Kirby'ing his achilles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Give them the pristine cir stances S bag unwittingly lucked into in '19 and they (well, Durant and Harden) would have.

Now more than ever, in the contrived, "player empowerment" era, results without context are meaningless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Milwaukee Bucks center Robin Lopez is declining his $5M player option and becoming a free agent, source tells ESPN.
    4:02pm · 16 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop

The Bulls plan to not issue a qualifying offer to Kris Dunn, per sources. The Clippers are among several teams expected to show interest in the soon-to-be-free-agent guard. Can also confirm Bulls will extend qualifying offer to Denzel Valentine, which @DarnellMayberry had 1st.
    3:53pm · 16 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

Chris Haynes ChrisBHaynes

Yahoo Sources: Denver Nuggets forward Jerami Grant is declining his $9.3 million player option for the 2020-21 season to become an unrestricted free agent.
    3:39pm · 16 Nov 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Rubio tweeted "what a business" and LMA liked the comment. incoming LMA trade confirmed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that LMA would be following stuff like this. I don't know, I really began to like LMA a lot more than I did previously after the Kawhi crap went down, as he did his best to keep us in playoff contention.

I'm not sure what I want the Spurs to do. On one hand, I'd like them to get a trade done for both LMA and Demar to teams that can contend (more so for LMA, don't care as much about Derozen going to a contender, as I'll still keep an eye on whatever team LMA goes to), and get a high draft pick to get a potential building piece for the future like James Wiseman in one of these said trades (it's still a gamble as he's not TD or D-Rob, but I'd take a chance).

On the other hand, if they can get rid of players like Mills, Forbes, Gay and some of the other dead weight, and get someone like Kelly Oubre Jr, I'd like to see what they can do one more year and maybe keep LMA (I'd still prefer Derozen traded, though).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6m
    The Chicago Bulls will not extend a qualifying offer to guard Shaq Harrison, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, source tells ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6m
    The Chicago Bulls will not extend a qualifying offer to guard Shaq Harrison, allowing him to become an unrestricted free agent, source tells ESPN.
    Its time to right a great wrong of the past. Its time to make Shaq a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its time to right a great wrong of the past. Its time to make Shaq a Spur.
    beat me to it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3m
    Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. es.pn/3f4fHlO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3m
    Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. es.pn/3f4fHlO
    Harden is doing a Nephew on the Rockets. That sucks so bad for them. Crazy...

Good thing the Nets are in the East.

Thread Information