Page 69 of 110 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely think LMA to POR is still on the table and makes tons of sense.

1) Whiteside is likely gone and walking for nothing which is a void they need to fill.
    2) Besides just filling a void, it’s clear POR needs to actually improve; not just fill voids.
    3) LMA and Dame clearly are ok with a reunion and it would look really good on SA and fits with their MO on being player friendly if they worked with LMA on a trade that gets him somewhere he is comfortable.
    4) If Whiteside was willing to agree to a S&T POR has enough youth and picks to make a deal work
    5) LMA not only boosts POR chances, but they wont have to give up any core (Dame,CJ, Nurk, Covington)
    6) There is probably at least a small premium right now with how whacky this season is and shortened camps/practice on familiarity. POR getting LMA is an advantage since he’s not just any player; he’s someone the coach and stars at least know which should help acclimation.

It makes sense on many levels. Big IF is whether or not Whiteside would agree to basically a large 1 year deal (S&T has to be 3, but only 1 year guaranteed) and be willing to test FA next year in a better market.
    POR would be a threat to Lakers and GS if they did that i believe. What assets other than Whiteside would you see coming back in such a move?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    POR would be a threat to Lakers and GS if they did that i believe. What assets other than Whiteside would you see coming back in such a move?
    Zach Collins (still on rookie scale, not overly impressive, but at least a position of need and youngish) + a first

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Collins (still on rookie scale, not overly impressive, but at least a position of need and youngish) + a first
    I'd do that if one of the better trades was off the table. Then I'd try and move DDR and Gay and call it a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do that if one of the better trades was off the table. Then I'd try and move DDR and Gay and call it a day.
    Yup. Mills moved too if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Haynes
    ChrisBHaynes
    2h
    Yahoo Sources: Oklahoma City Thunder decline to pick up the $1.6 million team option on guard Deonte Burton and he enters free agency. Thunder haven’t ruled out a return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Mills moved too if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey man hope is all we spurs fans have left. Have at it
    Exactly. Hope is all Spurs fans have. And that hope won’t be crushed until later tonight. So have fun until it’s completely crushed later today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Sometimes trades don’t happen because it takes 2 to tango. However, it paints a damning picture of what this front office has done and the roster they built if that is true. To be so devoid of assets and to even in a sellers market not be able to find + value for the supposed “Stars” you chose?

Wow.
    And folks will still give them a pass because of the Big 3 years. Welp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree. Sometimes trades don’t happen because it takes 2 to tango. However, it paints a damning picture of what this front office has done and the roster they built if that is true. To be so devoid of assets and to even in a sellers market not be able to find + value for the supposed “Stars” you chose?

Wow.
    I'm a bit more meh.. or less critical.
    I file it under $&@* happens. If you've been drafting in the mid to late 20s for nearly two decades, not a FA destination and not have the financial capability to go way over the cap, you're not going to have resources.
    My only real complaint is they didn't go full rebuild when Uncle/Neph pulled their shenanigans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a bit more meh.. or less critical.
    I file it under $&@* happens. If you've been drafting in the mid to late 20s for nearly two decades, not a FA destination and not have the financial capability to go way over the cap, you're not going to have resources.
    My only real complaint is they didn't go full rebuild when Uncle/Neph pulled their shenanigans.
    Pau (mis read market), Mills deal, Beli (not his deal but wasted roster spot), taking DeRozan etc..all things SA did to themselves that have put them there.

Having said that, yeah, I believe they are definitely trying and it is what it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF, the Spurs would take Wiggins and include the #11 with Aldridge for #2, Golden State would be ing nuts not to jump on the deal. You get rid of the biggest albatross contract in the NBA and add a borderline AS with just one year remaining on his deal at their biggest position of need, and you STILL draft in the lottery in a draft where no one knows who's any good or not. It would put GS in a spot where they could absolutely contend for a ring with health, and if it doesn't work Aldridge's money comes off the books after one season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why trades don’t happen is cause PATFO is asking for too much in return. That’s all. They can definitely make moves if they wanted to. They just idiots who overrate their own garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF, the Spurs would take Wiggins and include the #11 with Aldridge for #2, Golden State would be ing nuts not to jump on the deal. You get rid of the biggest albatross contract in the NBA and add a borderline AS with just one year remaining on his deal at their biggest position of need, and you STILL draft in the lottery in a draft where no one knows who's any good or not. It would put GS in a spot where they could absolutely contend for a ring with health, and if it doesn't work Aldridge's money comes off the books after one season.

For sure. They could get LMA, improve their team, shed a really bad contract and still get the better player in the draft . I mean there is absolutely minimal risk here and 95% upside for GS.

SA should be the ones weary here if anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reason why trades don’t happen is cause PATFO is asking for too much in return. That’s all. They can definitely make moves if they wanted to. They just idiots who overrate their own garbage
    Could also be teams trying to milk the Spurs for all they're worth considering the awful decisions they've made the past few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For sure. They could get LMA, improve their team, shed a really bad contract and still get the better player in the draft . I mean there is absolutely minimal risk here and 95% upside for GS.

Yet warriors arent pulling the trigger

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly. The only reason this would even seem favorable as a Spurs fan is if you trust PATFO absolutely loves one player in particular at #2. Otherwise it looks like .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let them get bounced in the first round of the playoffs while a rookie Wiseman plays 15 MPG, then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no need to just yet. Make sure nothing better comes along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. The only reason this would even seem favorable as a Spurs fan is if you trust PATFO absolutely loves one player in particular at #2. Otherwise it looks like .
    Reports: GS “infatuated with Deni”

GS unloads Wiggins + #2 for LMA and #11 and gets LMA + Deni at 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is wiseman that good?

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Its official: Qualifying Offers for - Poeltl, Eubanks and Weatherspoon. Nothing surprising, but it also shows, that Spurs want to keep Poeltl. Otherwise they could have just let him go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its official: Qualifying Offers for - Poeltl, Eubanks and Weatherspoon. Nothing surprising, but it also shows, that Spurs want to keep Poeltl. Otherwise they could have just let him go.
    Poeltl isn’t signing his qualifying offer anyway, so it doesn’t mean that they want to keep him. They’re just keeping the option open. Can rescind at any time.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Poeltl isn’t signing his qualifying offer anyway, so it doesn’t mean that they want to keep him. They’re just keeping the option open. Can rescind at any time.
    It is not about him signing, but that the Spurs are making him a Restricted Free Agent. Means, as long as he does not get too high of an offer, Spurs can match it anytime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can someone explain QO's? Are they for sure to be with the Spurs for next season because they extended it?

Thread Information