DDR/Murray to Bulls for OPJ/LaVine

Starting Lineup:
    PG-White
    SG-LaVine
    SF-OPJ
    PF-Toppin
    C-Poetl or Zeller

id go after Reed and Nwora with the 2 2nd rd picks
    I like that deal with the Hornets, but if the Warriors didn't take him, I would definitely get Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades:

LMA/Gay/11th pick to Hornets for Batum/Zeller/3rd pick/32nd pick

Starting Lineup:
    PG-White
    SG-LaVine
    SF-OPJ
    PF-Toppin
    C-Poetl or Zeller

Paying 27M for Nic Batum next season? No thanks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trades:

LMA/Gay/11th pick to Hornets for Batum/Zeller/3rd pick/32nd pick

Starting Lineup:
    PG-White
    SG-LaVine
    SF-OPJ
    PF-Toppin
    C-Poetl or Zeller

I'm not sure Charlotte would do that but from our perspective I'd be in favor of it. I'd pass on the Chicago part of that trade. I think we could extract more value trading Murray and DDR separately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think Trey's future with the team should be? He's still young (younger than White and Forbes). Is he worth keeping around to see if he can develop? Or is he already a journeyman and known quan y. Could he be a late bloomer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you guys think Trey's future with the team should be? He's still young (younger than White and Forbes). Is he worth keeping around to see if he can develop? Or is he already a journeyman and known quan y. Could he be a late bloomer?
    I don’t mind him as a bench player but he’s definitely not a starter yet Pop sure loves to put 9th, 10th role men in that over-their-heads, starting positions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like we know what he is. I don't see him as a late bloomer because I don't see the drive and work ethic to take him to another level. The skill is there but the drive doesn't seem to be. That said, I'd keep him unless we feel like we need the cap space for another move of some sort.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Sixers possibly blowing up their team ... any chance to trade for one of their stars Embid or Simmons?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Philly you see what ty coaching and ty management can make a team with talent not live anywhere close to where it should.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Sixers possibly blowing up their team ... any chance to trade for one of their stars Embid or Simmons?
    Probably a bigger chance of getting Brett Brown to come back as an assistant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably a bigger chance of getting Brett Brown to come back as an assistant.
    That'd be great actually, though I would be worried he'd be next in line to coach.

Might get Ime to come back, though. I'd love to see what he could do with Johnson and maybe the new draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Philly you see what ty coaching and ty management can make a team with talent not live anywhere close to where it should.
    The issue is that they had ty talent too. Way to many folks (not saying you) believed they pissed away the hand Hinkie got for them. Truth is, they never had a good foundation. The only way it would've worked differently is if they would've drafted a superstar in one of these years. Besides that, the closest they got was when they refused to trade for Leonard, and Hinkie wouldn't've done that either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid isnt a good foundation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate Dallas, but I want to see that Doncic kid going as far as possible in the offseason. What a game he had once again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Embiid can't stay healthy and has character issues, and Simmons can't shoot, can't stay healthy and has character issues. They're not a duo that looks able to contend, so quibbling about better guys being around them doesn't mean anything. They needed someone to come in and essentially push them down a notch. Only one such player has been drafted since Hinkie was let go, and that's Doncic. Kawhi could've done it, but they decided to play hard ball for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Embiid can't stay healthy and has character issues, and Simmons can't shoot, can't stay healthy and has character issues. They're not a duo that looks able to contend, so quibbling about better guys being around them doesn't mean anything. They needed someone to come in and essentially push them down a notch. Only one such player has been drafted since Hinkie was let go, and that's Doncic. Kawhi could've done it, but they decided to play hard ball for some reason.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think you're in the minority with this opinion... i think Spurs fans would gladly trade this whole roster to have those two guys. Contending wise is all hypothetical, but you just have to look at all that talent and think it can be harnessed better with a more serious organization like the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t get me wrong, I hate Dallas, but I want to see that Doncic kid going as far as possible in the offseason. What a game he had once again...
    If he eliminates Nephew and Morris I'll be eternally grateful. Still unlikely though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still weird that we would already have named an NBA Champion and be 1 month into free agency by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm wrong but I think you're in the minority with this opinion... i think Spurs fans would gladly trade this whole roster to have those two guys. Contending wise is all hypothetical, but you just have to look at all that talent and think it can be harnessed better with a more serious organization like the Spurs.
    Embiid would be a perfect fit here. What kind of idiot puts Embiid on the 3 point line bc Simmons can’t shoot. Nah buddy. Get working on your ing jumper or come off the bench. I would give it to Embiid every time on the block and when Simmons guy doubles off bc he has a worse jumper than Rodman I would light into Simmons in film sessions. The coddled that kid too much and this is the result. Dating a Jenner instead of working on his game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy who won't shoot and a guy who is habitually out of shape and injured ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy with core group of

Joel Embiid
    Derek White
    Lonnie Walker
    Keldon Johnson
    Jacob Poetl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this highlights a potential misunderstanding a lot of folks have about the Spurs. They don't make players better -- at least not at a rate beyond what most teams can do. All 30 organizations can afford world-class coaching. There are certainly elite coaches out there, but it's not like the non-elite ones are bad. The Spurs' success comes from their selectivity. Guys play well in their system because they target guys who they think can fit in. When you talk about taking talents the Spurs didn't pick and pushing them on the team, that system can break down. That doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Maybe someone like Josh Jackson could've had his head on straight in SA. Maybe Derrick Williams would still be in the league had he had a staff who pushed him to modernize his game. Or maybe bad teams are bad because they chase talent with little concern to scheme or cultural fit.

You can totally argue the Spurs broke down once they started straying from that principle. Neither LMA nor DeRozan fit into the Spurs' model. A big reason for that is because the Spurs had the luxury of a stable foundation for more than a decade. But that just highlights what I'm saying. Talented as they may be, Simmons and Embiid are EXTREMELY flawed players, and so long as they are the thing holding your team up, you're in trouble. Spurs fans may envy their talent just as they might envy teams like Phoenix who had a constant stream of talent flowing into their toilets while the Spurs had to struggle to find gems. But it doesn't change the fact that talent alone isn't enough to build a contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be happy with core group of

Joel Embiid
    Derek White
    Lonnie Walker
    Keldon Johnson
    Jacob Poetl
    Um, no Poeltl. No idea why he's even in there.

But yes, I'd still want to trade for Embiid if at all possible, but they'd definitely be a limit to what they could give up if they wanted any chance at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually Poeltl is a perfect fit in that lineup. He doesn't need the ball constantly good defensively can clean up garbage and get 2nd chance shots/rebounds he would be an excellent running mate for embid but even off the bench it works I want that dude in the Spurs he hustles and Spurs need that......but embid would do well to have a Poeltl in there with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons can't shoot and the other guy is an injury prone center, maybe the less valuable position in today's NBA. It is an extremely flawed foundation that will never be good enough to win a championship. If they had drafted Tatum instead of Fultz, things might be different.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starting to look now like that shot by Kawhi over Embiid in game 7 last year might've ended The Process. If that shot misses and the Sixers win in OT, they probably go on to beat the depleted Warriors and win the championship... then, all the salary issues, personalities, etc. are forgotten. Ironic thing is the Sixers starters actually outplayed the Toronto starting five in that game. Every Sixer starter had a positive +/- in that game and every Raptor starter except for Lowry had a negative +/-. Toronto's only two bench players that night were Van Vleet (+10) and Ibaka (+22). Philadelphia played three bench players very limited minutes, but it was enough to lose the game, with James Ennis and Mike Scott at at -8 and -12, and Greg Monroe incredibly at -9 in only 1:41 minutes of playing time. After that series, Jimmy Butler leaves, apparently frustrated with the team's work ethic, and the team is never the same.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...905120TOR.html
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 08-24-2020 at 01:38 AM.

Thread Information