Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2730
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry I hate Westbrook his basketball team IQ is zero the guy has never seen a shot he doesn’t like and he listens to no one. No way if Poop is coaching the team would we even entertain the idea of bringing him into the fold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People get so bent out of shape with the fact that pop loves DeRozan and LMA. Just accept it.
    People around here consistently ed about Tony and Manu for years. , even Tim caught flack in his later years when many posters just wanted him to retire (well before 2013 and 2014 when he proved them wrong).

If three Hall of Fame players can't please everyone, this new generation has no chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1) no I do not personally have any direct sources.

2) there were reports last year that sas asking price was insane

3) people I trust with sources have told me various things that shape this opinion of mine
    I see. Well, you know I s with you, my Dude, but you're being a bit disingenuous here in your quest for tarnishing the FO and its moves (or lack thereof). The strategy that the team approached FA with last season doesn't (necessarily) have anything to do with the one they employed this season - and by all reported accounts, it wasn't, so that's a moot point already. And I want to know, since I tend to agree with Collins21 on this one, are these "people you trust with sources" the same ones that guaranteed you that DeMar was absolutely on the way out, whether he picked up the PO or not? It'd be good to know, since you kind of have to cut off the people with visibly untrustworthy sources. They were wrong on the DeMar thing, and I wouldn't trust them blind-faced on this one either, especially when no other reports or rumors have come out about the Spurs' asking price being too high. By all known accounts, they were very eager to trade and some teams had mutual interest, which means it couldn't've been that high an asking price.

On a more overarching point, I also don't agree with your view that the Spurs not making big trades signals their settlement into mediocrity, but that's a discussion for another day, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People get so bent out of shape with the fact that pop loves DeRozan and LMA. Just accept it.
    Acceptance and liking it are two very very different things. I accept the fact that pop loves him some DDR but I don’t like it. I actually don’t mind LMA. Not a fan of DDR, Murray, Mills, Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The Miami Heat plan to sign All-Star Bam Adebayo to a five-year, $163M contract extension, source tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    12:47pm · 24 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that time in the playoffs agin the Thunder
    Westbrook took the last shot to win the game
    And bricked it off the top of the backboard
    Good times...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People around here consistently ed about Tony and Manu for years. , even Tim caught flack in his later years when many posters just wanted him to retire (well before 2013 and 2014 when he proved them wrong).

If three Hall of Fame players can't please everyone, this new generation has no chance.
    Bc none of these new generation guys are hall of famers. That’s why they don’t have a chance. Every superstar gets hate, that comes with the job description, but they’re winners bc they overcome. We lost our streak on their watch. And they whimpered like dogs for most of the season. FO, coaching, and players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania ShamsCharania

The Miami Heat plan to sign All-Star Bam Adebayo to a five-year, $163M contract extension, source tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.
    12:47pm · 24 Nov 2020 · TweetDeck
    so no Giannis in Miami in Dream Team next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

New Orleans Pelicans All-Star F Brandon Ingram has agreed to a five-year, $158 million maximum contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Jordan Gertler of @excelsm_bball tell ESPN.
    1:35pm · 24 Nov 2020 · Twitter Web App

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so no Giannis in Miami in Dream Team next year
    They can still create the room....but I think Giannis will take the super max in Milwaukee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmm we gonna hear a Derrick White extension today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see. Well, you know I s with you, my Dude, but you're being a bit disingenuous here in your quest for tarnishing the FO and its moves (or lack thereof). The strategy that the team approached FA with last season doesn't (necessarily) have anything to do with the one they employed this season - and by all reported accounts, it wasn't, so that's a moot point already. And I want to know, since I tend to agree with Collins21 on this one, are these "people you trust with sources" the same ones that guaranteed you that DeMar was absolutely on the way out, whether he picked up the PO or not? It'd be good to know, since you kind of have to cut off the people with visibly untrustworthy sources. They were wrong on the DeMar thing, and I wouldn't trust them blind-faced on this one either, especially when no other reports or rumors have come out about the Spurs' asking price being too high. By all known accounts, they were very eager to trade and some teams had mutual interest, which means it couldn't've been that high an asking price.

On a more overarching point, I also don't agree with your view that the Spurs not making big trades signals their settlement into mediocrity, but that's a discussion for another day, I think.
    They are fine sources. I know this because they have been more right than wrong and because even before the reports of Spurs making trade noise they told me it was the case. I even posted it here that I knew for a fact Ddr was shopped.

Things changed. They ended up being wrong about ddr opting out; however I believe the explanation was plausible. DDR got spooked with regards to the interest in him via FA. Turns out he was wrong and likely would have been rewarded handsomely.

Now, that doesn’t change anything for Sa; in fact it should have been easier to trade him. However dueling forces (pop) and some others. Turns out they were only aggressively shopping in the context of blow us away and he’s yours.

I’m not doing anything. I’m more vocal than some others but even SniffVP is on this general train regarding direction and he’s got people he speaks with too. He may not agree/have heard all the details I did but we arrived at same conclusion. It’s not me trying to invent ways to bash SA.

They deserve bashing*

*in context. Overall Sa is in ok position. None of that changes the dynamics of what we are discussing though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

New Orleans Pelicans All-Star F Brandon Ingram has agreed to a five-year, $158 million maximum contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Jordan Gertler of @excelsm_bball tell ESPN.
    1:35pm · 24 Nov 2020 · Twitter Web App
    I'm so old I remember when this guy was on of the names being bandied about as part of a Nephew trade. At least I think STcrew wanted him but the offer was Hart and Kuz. Either way, he is going to be making more than DRoz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally not sad Ingram is not a Spur I wanted him and a top-10 pick from a third team for Lonzo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can still create the room....but I think Giannis will take the super max in Milwaukee
    Yup. This means he’s staying on the bucks. 2021 free agency looking not looking good for the spurs now. LBJ and AD are staying with LAL. Kawhitter and George are likely staying with LAC. The freak is staying with bucks. That leaves CP3, Holiday, Lowry, oladipo, gobert, DDR, LMA, Adams, Drummond, dinwiddie

Spurs having a ton of cap space won’t help much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. This means he’s staying on the bucks. 2021 free agency looking not looking good for the spurs now. LBJ and AD are staying with LAL. Kawhitter and George are likely staying with LAC. The freak is staying with bucks. That leaves CP3, Holiday, Lowry, oladipo, gobert, DDR, LMA, Adams, Drummond, dinwiddie

Spurs having a ton of cap space won’t help much
    So we should try get DDR and LMA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adams out of list. 2yrs extension done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are fine sources. I know this because they have been more right than wrong and because even before the reports of Spurs making trade noise they told me it was the case. I even posted it here that I knew for a fact Ddr was shopped.

Things changed. They ended up being wrong about ddr opting out; however I believe the explanation was plausible. DDR got spooked with regards to the interest in him via FA. Turns out he was wrong and likely would have been rewarded handsomely.

Now, that doesn’t change anything for Sa; in fact it should have been easier to trade him. However dueling forces (pop) and some others. Turns out they were only aggressively shopping in the context of blow us away and he’s yours.

I’m not doing anything. I’m more vocal than some others but even SniffVP is on this general train regarding direction and he’s got people he speaks with too. He may not agree/have heard all the details I did but we arrived at same conclusion. It’s not me trying to invent ways to bash SA.

They deserve bashing*

*in context. Overall Sa is in ok position. None of that changes the dynamics of what we are discussing though.
    I wasn't really putting your sources' credibility in question (I trust you're smart enough to check that yourself), just pointing out that just like they were wrong about the DeMar thing (and, just to be clear, the rumor you'd heard and posted about was that DeRozan was absolutely gone, whether he opted in or out, which certainly didn't happen). I really haven't heard anything about SA being too uptight in their demands, and it's pretty weird, because we did hear reports saying exactly that last season, as a justification of why trades didn't go down. So, if the same scenario took place, and two years in a row no less, why is the only source on this an anonymous source to an anonymous poster on an Internet forum? Again, legitimate question, not an attack on your sources. Just weird to me.

I was surprised when I read that article that you're mentioning for timvp, because the direction of the franchise seems to be quite clear. Yes, they could've traded their "big" assets for picks or other prospects (technically, they still can, until the trade deadline at the seasons' start), but other than that, they've been pretty clear in the lining up of their signed contracts and moves. It's a clear strategy that they're banking on one last year of vet mentorship for the growth and development of their young players, and then "handing them the keys" in '21-22 whilst using the massive cap space to try and lure a FA that will compliment the core, or at worst, absorb bad contracts with picks attached and continue the process. I was perplexed that Tim didn't think this was a "strategy" whatsoever... You can like it or not, but it's far from a mystery, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs wouldn't touch Westbrook and to a lesser extent Wall with a 10 foot poll and don't have the requisite centerpiece asset required to get into the discussion for Harden. Plus, it'd take a truly overwhelming offer to prevent a team from trading a superstar out of conference.

The only damaged goods star who could make sense for their predicament is Griffin. He obviously needs to stay relatively healthy and prove close to form for a while, but they could offer DeRozan and Gay for him and Musa at the deadline or more likely in the off season by signing and trading DeRozan straight up.

Well they traded for Capella, signed Danilo, and drafted that guy from USC who all play the same position as Collins. Supposedly the Hawks don’t want to or can’t see signing him to the extension Collins wants.
    Capela and Okongwu are C's, Collins and Gallinari are PF's.

They might start the season trying to shoehorn the latter into SF, but there's clearly a combustible situation brewing between that and the three young wings who went from prominent roles to scraps, which'll by exacerbated if the Kings don't match the Bogdanovic offer sheet.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What FAs have we ever landed? Finley and LMA? One every ten years? Both nice at the time, but not a viable strategy.

I think a better strategy is cap space to absorb contracts to get picks, but that doesn’t seem to be happening. SO...let’s hope for internal development. BUT overpaying Jakob is going to be something we regret. Should have let him walk is my thought if we couldn’t trade LMA. We are a guard team and should have kept that money for other players or, again, cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Can't this guy gain any muscle? I guess muscles aren't everything when he can take a beating every game from setting screens. Must have good functional strength.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking forward to the Lonnie-Poetl tandem. Sometimes it's reminiscent of Kobe passing to Gasol. Lonnie is the only one right now capable of finding Poetl's spots (all in the inside lol)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't really putting your sources' credibility in question (I trust you're smart enough to check that yourself), just pointing out that just like they were wrong about the DeMar thing (and, just to be clear, the rumor you'd heard and posted about was that DeRozan was absolutely gone, whether he opted in or out, which certainly didn't happen). I really haven't heard anything about SA being too uptight in their demands, and it's pretty weird, because we did hear reports saying exactly that last season, as a justification of why trades didn't go down. So, if the same scenario took place, and two years in a row no less, why is the only source on this an anonymous source to an anonymous poster on an Internet forum? Again, legitimate question, not an attack on your sources. Just weird to me.

The whole DeRozan thing just rubs me the wrong way. To me there were ne legit sources pointing this out it was just his sources reading the tea leaves of reports already put out. Like i said i'm not calling him a liar but i have a hunch that hsi source is a person who wanted DeRozan gone at all cost and just combined reading the tea leaves to come up with that premise. Fair or not when you come on a forum pea ing like you know a players is gone no matter what Nd then that doesn't happen then it looks pretty bad.

I was surprised when I read that article that you're mentioning for timvp, because the direction of the franchise seems to be quite clear. Yes, they could've traded their "big" assets for picks or other prospects (technically, they still can, until the trade deadline at the seasons' start), but other than that, they've been pretty clear in the lining up of their signed contracts and moves. It's a clear strategy that they're banking on one last year of vet mentorship for the growth and development of their young players, and then "handing them the keys" in '21-22 whilst using the massive cap space to try and lure a FA that will compliment the core, or at worst, absorb bad contracts with picks attached and continue the process. I was perplexed that Tim didn't think this was a "strategy" whatsoever... You can like it or not, but it's far from a mystery, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What FAs have we ever landed? Finley and LMA? One every ten years? Both nice at the time, but not a viable strategy.

I think a better strategy is cap space to absorb contracts to get picks, but that doesn’t seem to be happening. SO...let’s hope for internal development. BUT overpaying Jakob is going to be something we regret. Should have let him walk is my thought if we couldn’t trade LMA. We are a guard team and should have kept that money for other players or, again, cap space.
    I was away and studying while the whole Poeltl debacle was going down, so I might not have all the context, but how is he overpaid? I thought his signing was just a bit above market value. Or did posters believe we were going to retain him at what, 5M? Especially seeing all the deals being signed this off-season, and taking into account Poeltl's projection into starting C beginning next season most likely, why would you say he's overpaid?

E: aside from that, agree with you. Building through the draft and internal growth will be the Spurs' best path to contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl played in 66 games for the Spurs last season, including 18 starts, averaging 5.6 points, a career-high 5.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists and a career-best 1.44 blocks while shooting 62.4 percent from the field in 17.7 minutes. After the NBA restart in July, Poeltl contested the second-most shots in the league (114) while starting all eight contests and averaging 8.3 points, 8.1 rebounds and 1.38 blocks in 25.8 minutes. He had a block in 14 straight games from January to February, the longest streak by a Spur last season.

https://www.nba.com/spurs/news/spurs-re-sign-jakob-poeltl

Spurs trying to hype up Poetl. Impressive stat, though. He truly has potential to be a defensive anchor. If he can improve even more on the defensive end, he can take care of any wing or guard being funneled to him as designed by the defensive system.

Thread Information