Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really a surprise at this point, but Marco is going back to Italy: https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurocup...irtus-bologna/

Thanks for 2014. Byeeeeeee!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how the Spurs were giving a fringe player a starting role while his backup for the majority of the season is now out of the league.

As Lonnie and KJ sat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy how the Spurs were giving a fringe player a starting role while his backup for the majority of the season is now out of the league.

As Lonnie and KJ sat.
    So many layers to those type of decisions that don’t just involve talent.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Senility

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This offseason getting better and better. I'm absolutely ready to finally enjoy watching some Spurs games, and not scream at the TV incessantly...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whiteside for the minimum is great value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As Lonnie and KJ sat.
    Well clearly the situation has been rectified. It’s on the youngsters now to show they’re taken the steps needed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Training Camp Roster (so far)

Murray, White, Mills, Weatherspoon, Jones
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Johnson, Reynolds
    Lyles, Gay, Samanic, Bates-Diop
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Eubanks

Have I missed anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's some basic ass, no-one-cares type of send off. Good riddance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/11/...s-danny-ainge/

This is interesting ... So Boston didn't want Turner and couldn't find value to move him to a 3rd team in their talks...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is interesting ... So Boston didn't want Turner and couldn't find value to move him to a 3rd team in their talks...
    Turner is going to be very difficult to move given his contract. It's not a horrific number, but 17.5M is a lot to pay for a center who wouldn't play a lot of second half minutes in a playoff series. Too much money to tie up in the center position, unless the player that center is an all star. I'd rather have Poeltl at 9 than Turner at 17.5M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, Turner is a guy who it's easy to overrate because he's young, blocks shots and can hit the three. But he's not clearly better than Aldridge -- even defensively -- and he's way behind Poeltl in the impact stats people use to dismiss LMA. I think he could be a guy who's good enough where you don't complain about his contract. But he'll never be a good deal, and so many folks believed he was. To put it another way, Indy clearly chose Sabonis over him, and Sab is not that good either. I'd take him on the Spurs in a world where SA had lost Poeltl and was trading Aldridge. But you had Indy fans turning down 2 and cap space for Turner earlier in the off-season, and that was just insane.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turners problem has been being on a nate mcmillian coached team...which tend to not be very good offensively... Also him and Sabonis have pretty much the same strengths and weaknesses so whenever one has the ball the other is just standing around doing nothing...

Would trade him in a nanosecond for LMA and laugh in the Pacers face after I was done. He would be so much better here...or anywhere really...than he has been in Indiana...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, his problem has been that folks believed he'd get better and he didn't. That's not McMillan's fault since multiple players got better under him. Turner and Sabonis don't actually have overlapping games. They're just both centers who can't play PF, and Sabonis is better at being a center than Turner is.

Maybe he'd play better on another team, but it'd be because they hid his weaknesses, not because he's improving. That's the case with most player, and they're not being paid double the going rate of starting centers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Turners problem has been being on a nate mcmillian coached team...which tend to not be very good offensively... Also him and Sabonis have pretty much the same strengths and weaknesses so whenever one has the ball the other is just standing around doing nothing...

Would trade him in a nanosecond for LMA and laugh in the Pacers face after I was done. He would be so much better here...or anywhere really...than he has been in Indiana...
    Sabonis is one of the best assist bigs in the league, averaging 5 per game. That's not a skill Turner has. I wouldn't even say they're very close in terms of effect with regards to winning, with Turner being a net negative and Sabonis being a net positive. If anything, Sabonis might be even more effective if Turner wasn't there clogging up the floor. I'd love to have Sabonis on the Spurs-- Turner, not so much. I don't know if Turner is even better than Hassan Whiteside, who just signed for the minimum.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 11-27-2020 at 09:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Training Camp Roster (so far)

Murray, White, Mills, Weatherspoon, Jones
    Walker, Vassell
    DeRozan, Johnson, Reynolds
    Lyles, Gay, Samanic, Bates-Diop
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Eubanks

Have I missed anyone?
    Tyler Zeller

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fiesta colors.

He would fit in perfectly as the 3.5 that we need.

White/ Tre Jones
    Vassell/ Q
    Keldon/ Lonnie
    Giannis/ Luka/ KBD
    Poetl/ Eubanks

If some of the youngsters have to go in a S&T, so be it. Just not Keldon, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celts are well positioned to take on LMA with their recently created TPE.

Spurs get a pick and no additional dead weight.

LMA gets to fight for a ring and make the Celts an even more prominent contender.
    And after the season he can move on to POR if that was what he was wishing all along.

Celts get a shot at a le ( btw the TPE must be used within a year of its creation. )

Win-win-win scenario for both the Spurs and the Celtics and also for LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics got nothing for Hayward. They couldn't complete a sign and trade. They've just lost him for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics got nothing for Hayward. They couldn't complete a sign and trade. They've just lost him for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs get a pick and no additional dead weight.

LMA gets to fight for a ring and make the Celts an even more prominent contender.
    And after the season he can move on to POR if that was what he was wishing all along.

Celts get a shot at a le ( btw the TPE must be used within a year of its creation. )

Win-win-win scenario for both the Spurs and the Celtics and also for LMA.
    Sounds more like a mid season deal than a before the season one. If theyre competing by mid season, that could be what the Celtics would do if theyre at the top of the standings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much the TE is for?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much the TE is for?
    If Charlotte is just absorbing Hayward's deal into cap space, I believe the TE is for the amount of Hayward's first year salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Charlotte is just absorbing Hayward's deal into cap space, I believe the TE is for the amount of Hayward's first year salary.
    Thanks boss.
    Last edited by tonight...you; 11-29-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information