Page 79 of 110 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2730
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't worth that much. Dude was traded for a second two years before that. Don't forget those that OKC gets to save all of that cap space by doing this deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the cap numbers again, if anyone goes crazy and does offer Poeltl a starting salary of 8 or more the Spurs might be in some tax doo-doo

I have them at 122,679,312 assuming Metu is cut, Mills and Gay hit their bonuses (which may have already been accounted for?), and counting Vassell and Eubanks but not including Weatherspoon or Tre Jones.

And that's without the qualifying offer for Poeltl

They wouldn't be in this mess if they had only stretched DeMarre Carroll's garbage, but that had to be done in the first 24 hours after he cleared waivers.

$6,167,887 in dead cap thanks to Carroll and the swell front office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wasn't worth that much. Dude was traded for a second two years before that. Don't forget those that OKC gets to save all of that cap space by doing this deal.
    I mean I know GS absorbed him but cap space this year isn’t an issue at all for them and he’s an expiring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the cap numbers again, if anyone goes crazy and does offer Poeltl a starting salary of 8 or more the Spurs might be in some tax doo-doo

I have them at 122,679,312 assuming Metu is cut, Mills and Gay hit their bonuses (which may have already been accounted for?), and counting Vassell and Eubanks but not including Weatherspoon or Tre Jones.

And that's without the qualifying offer for Poeltl

They wouldn't be in this mess if they had only stretched DeMarre Carroll's garbage, but that had to be done in the first 24 hours after he cleared waivers.

$6,167,887 in dead cap thanks to Carroll and the swell front office
    see that’s what I have been wondering about, I can’t imagine a team that probably won’t make the playoffs spending money on the luxury tax

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean I know GS absorbed him but cap space this year isn’t an issue at all for them and he’s an expiring
    It is an issue when you keep using cap space to pick up firsts from other teams. As it was, they didn't have enough space left to do couple of their rumored deals before this trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is an issue when you keep using cap space to pick up firsts from other teams. As it was, they didn't have enough space left to do couple of their rumored deals before this trade.
    Maybe. But they have very clear books next year and my guess is if there were a better pick they would be ok with taking back salary for Oubre but who knows.

From what I read they are trying to stay over cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not maybe. They didn't have space to keep Gallo's hold even before the Porier dump they agreed to today. They needed to move him for no very little or no money going back.

From what I read they are trying to stay over cap.
    It might work out like that, but then the same principle applies with the TE's they'd be using.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would look at Aaron Gordon. The magic rookie last year, who had done his ACL prior to the draft, plays the same position as Aaron. With Isaac out for the season, Magic might be keen to offload Aaron to secure the back for the future. That would mean White and Gay. Or Murray and Lyles.
    I’m good with either of those trades

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelly oubre for a 21-30 protected pick. The are some of these gms on? Presti only traded him because his greedy self wanted a pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not maybe. They didn't have space to keep Gallo's hold even before the Porier dump they agreed to today. They needed to move him for no very little or no money going back.

It might work out like that, but then the same principle applies with the TE's they'd be using.
    They did not have to trade Oubre into space to complete their deals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did not have to trade Oubre into space to complete their deals
    Did someone tell you that? I haven't been running calculations on it, but I do know that it was an open mystery how they were even going to complete their deals from yesterday. It sounds an awful lot like they did have to use cap space or a TE to make the numbers work, and that does require trading him into space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kelly oubre for a 21-30 protected pick. The are some of these gms on? Presti only traded him because his greedy self wanted a pick.
    Guy gets passed around like a hot potato. There's someting going on there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's going one is that Oubre isn't very good. He had a good year last year, but for the most part he's a glass cannon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did someone tell you that? I haven't been running calculations on it, but I do know that it was an open mystery how they were even going to complete their deals from yesterday. It sounds an awful lot like they did have to use cap space or a TE to make the numbers work, and that does require trading him into space.
    Nope. But Albert Nahmad who I follow on Twitter was speaking about all these scenarios and Okc taking salary back possibly and staying over cap scenarios (meaning purposely taking salary back) as a path.

I inferred it from that. He’s the best cap person I know

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's going one is that Oubre isn't very good. He had a good year last year, but for the most part he's a glass cannon.
    Yep....exactly...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. But Albert Nahmad who I follow on Twitter was speaking about all these scenarios and Okc taking salary back possibly and staying over cap scenarios (meaning purposely taking salary back) as a path.
    OKC staying over the cap only helps if the Paul trade isn't already done. As far as I heard, it was done the day it was announced, officially and completely. If that's true, then OKC was either under the cap and thus had to use cap space to acquire players, or they were still over that cap and would need to use TEs to do it. If the Paul trade were pending, then yeah, they could wrap everything together enough to fit in Porier. But again, that wasn't how it was reported.

I don't think OKC needed to take salary back to stay over. Gallo's cap hold is substantial.

He’s the best cap person I know

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And my comment wasn’t Sa should get him - just observing that he had a good year and cost was low. I thought someone like Dallas might use their 2020 first on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC staying over the cap only helps if the Paul trade isn't already done. As far as I heard, it was done the day it was announced, officially and completely. If that's true, then OKC was either under the cap and thus had to use cap space to acquire players, or they were still over that cap and would need to use TEs to do it. If the Paul trade were pending, then yeah, they could wrap everything together enough to fit in Porier. But again, that wasn't how it was reported.

I don't think OKC needed to take salary back to stay over. Gallo's cap hold is substantial.
    From my understanding that was the key; Gallos hold wasn’t enough

But so many moving parts with Okc it’s really hard to keep up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you’re in the starting 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From my understanding that was the key; Gallos hold wasn’t enough

But so many moving parts with Okc it’s really hard to keep up
    Nah. They acquired Horford and Johnson. That's $43 Million. Adams pushes it up to $70 Million. Then Gallo pushes it up to $104. Just adding SGA and Bazley gets them over the cap at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. That's what I thought. GS did have to trade Oubre into cap space because they would runt out of space otherwise. They basically could've used to savings from the Paul deal to fill in the salary difference between Green and Horford. Instead, they basically agreed to take Horford into cap space. And they can't use the Oubre deal to fill in because they can't combine him (or Green) in a deal if they're over the cap.

I might have to actually try looking at the cap situation it's still weird, even with this bit more info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Millsap is who I really want with the MLE in free agency...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://projectspurs.com/2020/11/20/...mpression=true

Really useful info regarding free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millsap is washed imo

Thread Information